Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

Please forgive my basic question here, but does the PRL automatically update itself on an iPhone, or do you have manually update it?

The network takes care of PRL pushes usually, so the iPhone will eventually auto update.

I confirmed tonight that the latest PRL update downgraded Bluegrass Cellular from native to extended:

fddd81cb0bf033739c6e973805984d67.jpg

Below is the link to the post where I announced the past PRL update marked BGC as native Sprint:

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6646-CCA-RRPP-live-date%3F/page__view__findpost__p__419716

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by AppleFanBoy
  • Like 2

I confirmed tonight that the latest PRL update downgraded Bluegrass Cellular from native to extended:

Below is the link to the post where I announced the past PRL update marked BGC as native Sprint:

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6646-CCA-RRPP-live-date%3F/page__view__findpost__p__419716

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can you tell the roaming partner from iPhone field test? I just got back from Wisconsin, and was curious who I was using up there.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

25029 on my galaxy tab S 10.1"and 55029 on my LG G4. What changes made now?

I'm on vacation and won't be about to upload new xxx29 series PRL until Sunday. So unless someone else knows how to use DFS or CDMA Workshop, you'll have to wait until at least then to find out.

Since I'm comparing the 55 series to the 56 series this time, a lot of stuff doesn't line up, probably due to extra EV-DO lines.  I'm going to have to go through line-by-line, I think.

EDIT:  Without being able to know what 3G is new versus what's a change from 55 to 56, I've just analyzed the 1X parts.

Geography 7:  Added 4305, 93. (Roaming)

Geography 12:  Removed 362, 5652, 5274

Geography 13:  Added 4307. (Roaming)

Quick check says 93 is Verizon, 4305 and 4307 are SI Wireless, 362/5652/5274 are Cellcom.

EDIT2:  Quick check of Cellcom's coverage map indicates they are using the Verizon network for nationwide LTE.  Wonder if they terminated their deal with Sprint as a result.

- Trip

I noticed that a little bit of coverage area was lost in Albemarle County and Greene County in Va from the nTelos area as well. 

Looks like Sprint updated their 3G coverage map.

Guess work here

Dark Red = Sprint 3G

Light Red = Off-network 3G Roaming (uses limited roaming bucket)

Dark Purple == Dark Red

Roaming+ = Off-network "Native" 3G (doesn't use limited roaming bucket)

Light purple Off-network roaming = Off-network 1x (uses limited roaming bucket)

What is interesting is it looks like USCC is a mixture of Light Red and Roaming+.

Edited by red_dog007
  • Like 1

Looks like Sprint updated their 3G coverage map.

Guess work here

Dark Red = Sprint 3G

Light Red = Off-network 3G Roaming (uses limited roaming bucket)

Dark Purple == Dark Red

Roaming+ = Off-network "Native" 3G (doesn't use limited roaming bucket)

Light purple Off-network roaming = Off-network 1x (uses limited roaming bucket)

What is interesting is it looks like USCC is a mixture of Light Red and Roaming+.

I like the huge random BLOB of medium purple in South Dakota (Roaming+).   Unfortunately, Western Wisconsin is still light purple and not medium purple.  Buy hey, northern Wisconsin is medium purple. 

• Like 1