Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

Which areas are included in geographies 19-21?

I'm fairly sure that geographies 19-21 are mostly international such as Mexico, Dominican Republic, Turks & Caicos, Bermuda, Aruba, etc. I guess no more CDMA roaming in those areas...

I'm fairly sure that geographies 19-21 are mostly international such as Mexico, Dominican Republic, Turks & Caicos, Bermuda, Aruba, etc. I guess no more CDMA roaming in those areas...

Perhaps due to the Open World program?

Perhaps due to the Open World program?

In the Dominican Republic and Mexico I'm very confident that that's exactly the reason. I dunno about the other countries. Maybe more countries are being added to Open World and Sprint Global Roaming.

Okay, here's what I've got.

Geography 3:  1165 and 1173 are removed.

Geography 4:  1192 removed.

Geography 7:  4307 downgraded from native to roaming (albeit most preferred roaming).

Geography 12:  Think I made a mistake in extracting the files, but just some roaming shuffled around.  Nothing important.

Geography 14:  1522 downgraded from native to roaming (albeit most preferred roaming).

Geography 14:  Removed roaming SIDs 84, 114, 116, 204, 368, 520, 1148, 1640, 1650, 2038.

Geographies 19-21:  Completely gone.

I don't have time to put names to SIDs tonight, but that should get people started.

- Trip

• Like 4

So lost pseudo native coverage

So Carolina West Wireless and Pollycell Communications..

Alright, which one of our members went and pseudo native perma roamed for over 100 GB?  And this is why we cannot have nice things...

AJ

• Like 5

Those speedtests will do it I hear[emoji57]

He who speed tested it, arrested it.

AJ

• Like 3

The Alltel ID's are likely non existent anymore and just housecleaning. There are not many Alltel SID's left out there in the wild anymore.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

The Alltel ID's are likely non existent anymore and just housecleaning. There are not many Alltel SID's left out there in the wild anymore.

Even on VZW I'm not hitting the Alltel CDMA network anymore. I'm guessing it's gone. I'm starting to see some holes where service drops to "No Service" where it was previously "Extended 3G". Verizon and ATNI had a 3G roaming agreement here. That's gone now, I can only guess AT&T shuttered the old Alltel CDMA network the first chance they got.

• Like 1

When in the upper peninsula of Michigan in late July, there were still old Altel SIDs everywhere. Big red just slapped LTE in the cities. There is fibre being run all over up there in the last two years, so I'd expect the next network modernization to get LTE to every site.
  • Like 1

I saw something on my iPhone that I hadn't seen in my area in a while...Extended. It was brief but in a spot that used to be native roaming.

I hope this recent PRL update for my phone didn't downgrade Bluegrass Cellular to roaming.

How close are the iPhone PRLs to the ones for Android that can be easily downloaded and parsed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the Dominican Republic and Mexico I'm very confident that that's exactly the reason. I dunno about the other countries. Maybe more countries are being added to Open World and Sprint Global Roaming.

And AT&T just barely started to merge both Iusacell and Nextel into the At&T moniker. Coincidence?

On a side note, it's too weird hearing the mexican media and locals pronounce "Ey-ti-en-ti". Their ads are obviously produced here in the U.S. by the same people who do their spanish ads since the pronunciation of 'at&t' sounds American. They should have stuck with Iusace or Nextel...or just gone with a different name.

I hope this recent PRL update for my phone didn't downgrade Bluegrass Cellular to roaming.

A PRL allows network access; it does not control whether you are "roaming."  That is an authentication and billing issue handled on the back end.

You could have an old PRL that indicated you were roaming, but you were not.  On the flip side, you could have a hacked PRL that indicated you were not roaming, but you were.

AJ

• Like 2

How close are the iPhone PRLs to the ones for Android that can be easily downloaded and parsed?

Forget it. It's been impossible to load a custom PRL to an iPhone since the iPhone 5. Apple changed something starting with the 5s that ended that.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

A PRL allows network access; it does not control whether you are "roaming." That is an authentication and billing issue handled on the back end.

You could have an old PRL that indicated you were roaming, but you were not. On the flip side, you could have a hacked PRL that indicated you were not roaming, but you were.

AJ

Let me clarify then. Prior to the most recent PRL update BG was showing as native Sprint on my phone and I hadn't seen extended on my phone for quite a while in my area.

And who said anything about hacked PRL?

Forget it. It's been impossible to load a custom PRL to an iPhone since the iPhone 5. Apple changed something starting with the 5s that ended that.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I'm not asking to load custom PRL. I'm just curious about the changes to the PRL.