Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

• 2 weeks later...

Another data point. Iphone 6+. Just updated to 55025.

Anybody noticed any changes yet?

nex-tech is now showing native on phone

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Got it. Any idea of the changes?

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

I can't give exact specifics but the new PRL is supposed to improve roaming acquisitions and cost in a few states. North Northern CA and Oregon and also somewhere in the Central States.

• Like 1

Got it. Any idea of the changes?

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

One thing it has for sure is roaming on US Cellular which will give 3G data speeds and connectivity where Verizon is voice and 1x only. 

• Like 3

Looking at the new 3G map on Sprint, it looks like it will also give 3G on Appalachian Wireless.  I was in their market a few months ago and all I got was 1x.

It also looks like 3G roaming coverage in GA and SC disappeared. Maybe even some in Florida but I am not sure.  Might be Alltel markets where EVDO was shut down.

Looking at the new 3G map on Sprint, it looks like it will also give 3G on Appalachian Wireless. I was in their market a few months ago and all I got was 1x.

It also looks like 3G roaming coverage in GA and SC disappeared. Maybe even some in Florida but I am not sure. Might be Alltel markets where EVDO was shut down.

Ding. AT&T only had to maintain the Alltel CDMA network through June, so Sprint's probably now roaming on Verizon 1x in most of those areas. I haven't been down that way to verify though.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't give exact specifics but the new PRL is supposed to improve roaming acquisitions and cost in a few states. North Northern CA and Oregon and also somewhere in the Central States.

The xxx26 PRLs have major EV-DO roaming changes (for the better), notably on US Cellular.. there is a separate thread here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7080-wahoo-us-cellullar-and-other-ev-do-roaming-is-live/

-Mike

• Like 1

• 1 month later...