Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

Well Tier 1 tech support is clueless. Have to try Tier 2...

Go to the highest level of tech support.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

My M8 seems to keep switching between 55019 and 51101. I finally installed a ROM that allows manual PRL updates and installed my hacked version of 55019 that puts my Airave at a higher priority than the local tower. We'll see what happens when I install the WiFi calling update.

• Like 1

My M8 seems to keep switching between 55019 and 51101. I finally installed a ROM that allows manual PRL updates and installed my hacked version of 55019 that puts my Airave at a higher priority than the local tower. We'll see what happens when I install the WiFi calling update.

The M8 should not be receiving 55019 at all, it is not the correct PRL for a tri-band LTE device. The network for some reason is sending you the incorrect PRL at some times. Do you switch back and forth between phones at all? If not, I'd suggest calling into care and having them file a ticket for an incorrect PRL being sent to your device. This is handled on a network scale, and the system may be getting confused by something, others may be having the same issues.

The M8 should not be receiving 55019 at all, it is not the correct PRL for a tri-band LTE device. The network for some reason is sending you the incorrect PRL at some times. Do you switch back and forth between phones at all? If not, I'd suggest calling into care and having them file a ticket for an incorrect PRL being sent to your device. This is handled on a network scale, and the system may be getting confused by something, others may be having the same issues.

Yeah, I was switching back and forth between phones. Is the 51xxx series the correct one?

My nexus 5 has been on that series of prl for as long as I can remember having it. What should be loaded on it?

I am also on the Nexus 5 and I have had 55019 for a while. No problems at all here with tri-band. I connect to all 3 LTE with no problem at all. So why am I not supposed to be on 55019?

Yeah, I was switching back and forth between phones. Is the 51xxx series the correct one?

Yes, the 51xxx series is the correct series for all tri-band LTE devices.

My nexus 5 has been on that series of prl for as long as I can remember having it. What should be loaded on it?

The Nexus 5 was recently updated to tri-band LTE, so either series technically would have worked the same on it, the network may have been sending 55xxx series to N5 devices by default. Now however, it should be getting 51xxx series.

The 51xxx series is intended for devices capable of SV-LTE, since the N5 is not capable of maintaining separate 3G and LTE connections it shouldn't be getting this series. It should instead be getting the 51xxx series.

However, it is a fairly well-known fact that Sprint uses more PRL series than are really necessary. The differences between the 51xxx and 55xxx series are minimal, and likely wouldn't show any differences on most devices other than perhaps a slightly slower connection when switching between various technologies. I am not sure, but one series may prioritize the LTE band scanning differently, this may be the way they are utilizing them at the moment. Keep in mind that the LTE band scanning is only for initially making an LTE connection, once you are on LTE, the network controls what band you connect to, regardless of what the PRL states. It can force you to Band 26 even if you have a strong Band 41 or 25 connection. It's setup this way so the network can move users around as needed to load balance and attempt to put people where they'll get the best connection in the grand scheme of things. Digiblur can probably give a bit more definite information in this regard as he's the resident PRL expert.

Yes, the 51xxx series is the correct series for all tri-band LTE devices.

Hmm, my G3 is on PRL 55019. I just tried a PRL update, but it stayed put. Might be making a call into Sprint tomorrow, then.

I do know that not all phones use the same number PRL. Example, Samsung and LG I believe are using 55019. HTC  uses a different PRL number, as the iphones. I don't have my EVO active any more, but I think it could be 51019 by now.

It also makes a difference if the device is a world phone on the PRL set. Previous generations of PRLs were needed because some devices have LTE and some don't, as well as some have 800 EMSR, some don't.

• 3 weeks later...

Has the latest PRL "upgrade" put Verizon roamimg on the bottom rung? My phone seems to now want to hang onto a -116dBm PCS signal, something I can't even really use; it used to switch at about -105. .Utilizing the SMR frequencies doesn't appear to be on the horizon anytime soon with me being in an IBEZ area. .I'm not a happy camper at the moment. :(

Has the latest PRL "upgrade" put Verizon roamimg on the bottom rung? My phone seems to now want to hang onto a -116dBm PCS signal, something I can't even really use; it used to switch at about -105. .Utilizing the SMR frequencies doesn't appear to be on the horizon anytime soon with me being in an IBEZ area. .I'm not a happy camper at the moment. :(

Verizon roaming priority varies by Region.  It is the lowest priority in most regions for Sprint.  You may have been in one of the ones where it wasn't the lowest, but now it is, like most of the rest of the country.

Robert

Just to clarify: my GS4T is receiving 54019, but it should be receiving 52101. I leave for Spain on Thursday and just want to make sure my GSM services won't be messed up.

I don't think PRLs affect your GSM/UMTS coverage one way or another, IIRC they are purely a creature of CDMA networks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...