Sprint TD-LTE 2500/2600mhz Discussion

So is Clear still going to be there own service for residential/business customers or is sprint going to fully integrate that service into thier products/services?

Sprint is going to eventually integrate CLEAR into their products and services.

• Like 1

So is Clear still going to be there own service for residential/business customers or is sprint going to fully integrate that service into thier products/services?

Clear ceased to offer new products from their website on August 30th. :( It's only a matter of time before all accounts get transitioned to Sprint accounts.

Clear ceased to offer new products from their website on August 30th. :( It's only a matter of time before all accounts get transitioned to Sprint accounts.

Oh no! That's really disappointing.

I've had a Clear account for more than two years now (trying to support the 'little guy' competing against Comcast + AT&T for home internet service).

But looking at the website today, it looks an awful lot like Sprint's going to kill the home internet service for new customers, and make new subscribers pay $10-15 per gb. (A Sprint Hotspot is not comparable to a Clearwire Home Modem in terms of plan/pricing).

I really hope Sprint re-tools this into some sort of real broadband offering, and doesn't go "Verizon Home Fusion" on the service.

Oh no! That's really disappointing.

I've had a Clear account for more than two years now (trying to support the 'little guy' competing against Comcast + AT&T for home internet service).

But looking at the website today, it looks an awful lot like Sprint's going to kill the home internet service for new customers, and make new subscribers pay $10-15 per gb. (A Sprint Hotspot is not comparable to a Clearwire Home Modem in terms of plan/pricing).

I really hope Sprint re-tools this into some sort of real broadband offering, and doesn't go "Verizon Home Fusion" on the service.

I wouldn't get my hopes up then if I were you. 

• Like 3

I have a question: I'm in Chicago and was curious about the 2600 LTE. Chicago is on that list of 8 cities. What towers are capable of this? Is it on the nv towers or clear towers? And what kind of area is it spread over here? How do I even know its live without a triband hotspot? Is there somewhere I can check 2600 coverage online? Thanks

I have a question: I'm in Chicago and was curious about the 2600 LTE. Chicago is on that list of 8 cities. What towers are capable of this? Is it on the nv towers or clear towers? And what kind of area is it spread over here? How do I even know its live without a triband hotspot? Is there somewhere I can check 2600 coverage online? Thanks

AFAIK, they are on Clear towers only and there is no coverage maps.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

The former clearwire contractors are converting WiMax sites at a reasonable pace in WiMax markets. New TDD coverage on NV sites won't happen for a while. Remember all the planning and permitting that it took to start Network Vision? That has to happen again for TDD on non-wimax sites.

• Like 1

The former clearwire contractors are converting WiMax sites at a reasonable pace in WiMax markets. New TDD coverage on NV sites won't happen for a while. Remember all the planning and permitting that it took to start Network Vision? That has to happen again for TDD on non-wimax sites.

Is it possible to have all Clearwire sites converted to dual Wimax/LTE by years end? Softbank has the cash to push it....

For the sites that are getting converted, are permits required to replace the antennas? 

Is it possible to have all Clearwire sites converted to dual Wimax/LTE by years end? Softbank has the cash to push it....

For the sites that are getting converted, are permits required to replace the antennas? 

As far as I know, Clearwire is not replacing the antennas.  Why would it need to do so?

AJ

• Like 1

I doubt it. Clearwire already has planned out their schedule and production for the rest of the year and to mention any permitting that has already been planned on clearwire only sites.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

If Sprint really pushes it then yes. All you need to swap out is the RRU (like for like) and retrofit cabinet. Can be done in a day or two and permitting is minimal as there's no significant changes that will need engineering or structural reviews.

Permit modifications would make sense in these scenarios.  No sense in going out and completing clear only permits and then have to go back and do an NV permit

Only Clear sites have TD-LTE. You can find Clear sites by going to clear.com/coverage and zooming in. 

NV towers will have TD-LTE equipment installed down the line, but at this point it is not clear when that will happen.

You must have a Tri-Band device to pick up TD-LTE. Right now, that means a hotspot. However, Sprint will have Tri-Band smartphones available in the next couple of months.

• Like 2

Why wasn't Clearwire/Sprint 2500/2600Mhz setup as band 38? Isn't band 38 global roaming?  What are the different characteristics between band 38 and 41?

And if Sprint 2500/2600 was band 38, that would be tri-band eh?

Why wasn't Clearwire/Sprint 2500/2600Mhz setup as band 38? Isn't band 38 global roaming?  What are the different characteristics between band 38 and 41?

And if Sprint 2500/2600 was band 38, that would be tri-band eh?

So, you would have Clearwire/Sprint go band 38 TD-LTE and use only the middle third (2570-2620 MHz) of its BRS/EBS spectrum holdings?  Let the other 100 MHz, especially the licensed BRS spectrum, just rot.  And never mind that band 38 coincides mainly with EBS middle band spectrum set aside for high power video transmissions.

Does that sound like a good plan?

AJ

• Like 2

So, you would have Clearwire/Sprint go band 38 TD-LTE and use only the middle third (2570-2620 MHz) of its BRS/EBS spectrum holdings?  Let the other 100 MHz, especially the licensed BRS spectrum, just rot.  And never mind that band 38 coincides mainly with EBS middle band spectrum set aside for high power video transmissions.

Does that sound like a good plan?

AJ

Oh I see  ;). Was just wondering.  If Sprint supported 38/41 would it be possible if a device supported 38 it would work, and if a device supported 41 it would work?

Oh I see  ;). Was just wondering.  If Sprint supported 38/41 would it be possible if a device supported 38 it would work, and if a device supported 41 it would work?

In order to be compatible with both band 38 and band 41, Sprint would have to hold sufficient spectrum in the 2572-2614 MHz range; the 2570-2572 MHz and 2614-2620 MHz ranges are off limits.  Then, Sprint would have to deploy at least one TD-LTE carrier in that 2572-2614 MHz range, and it would need to utilize MFBI to be recognized by both band 38 mobiles and band 41 mobiles.

Long story short, such is probably not possible in every market, thus not likely for several years, if ever.

AJ