Sprint TD-LTE 2500/2600mhz Discussion

Now I know why we aren't discovering 800 lte coverage.

I wish you all would set the priority to 26, 41, 25. So you see SMR first then BRS then PCS.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

No point though, I don't believe LTE is deployed at all on 800mhz.

No point though, I don't believe LTE is deployed at all on 800mhz.

I think his point is that it can be any day now that we could see LTE 800 so why not set priority to B26 on highest.

I agree with u in that I think its still too early to assume any LTE 800 is currently deployed.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

IPhone 5s might support LTE TDD so hopefully this year's version is triband

The trials and tribulations of tri band...

:P

AJ

• Like 2

I think his point is that it can be any day now that we could see LTE 800 so why not set priority to B26 on highest.

I agree with u in that I think its still too early to assume any LTE 800 is currently deployed.

Considering the last reports from Rob peg 800 1x deployment at <1%, I seriously doubt we'll see 800mhz LTE soon. Also, that should strictly be a fallback, and the priority should be 41, 25, 26, in my opinion.

Considering the last reports from Rob peg 800 1x deployment at

I agree that B26 should be last priority from a network standpoint once LTE is deployed on all bands and the ordee should be B41, B25, B26.

I think what makes this community so great compared to other sprint forums is that a lot of the members share information on their findings especially with network vision progress (permit maps and pics of sites in progress, etc) and i think we are all just trying to look for evidence that LTE 800 is underway. We have evidence of LTE 2600 deployed and thats great but what most sprint customers care about is LTE 800 which is really going to be a game changer with indoor penetration and also usable data for those that are just outside of 1900 mhz range.

• Like 1

I agree that B26 should be last priority from a network standpoint once LTE is deployed on all bands and the ordee should be B41, B25, B26.

I think what makes this community so great compared to other sprint forums is that a lot of the members share information on their findings especially with network vision progress (permit maps and pics of sites in progress, etc) and i think we are all just trying to look for evidence that LTE 800 is underway. We have evidence of LTE 2600 deployed and thats great but what most sprint customers care about is LTE 800 which is really going to be a game changer with indoor penetration and also usable data for those that are just outside of 1900 mhz range.

I personally care more for 800 mhz voice than I do LTE. Low signal kills battery life and I often find myself having to go nearer to windows on the current Sprint 1900 mhz signal I get. 

• Like 1

I personally care more for 800 mhz voice than I do LTE. Low signal kills battery life and I often find myself having to go nearer to windows on the current Sprint 1900 mhz signal I get.

Everyone has their priorities.

So the hand off on a city expressway should be good going from 2600 to 2600? This is asuming the best signal and prl order has 2600 first.

If site density is high enough, handoff shouldn't be any different than from 1900 to 1900.

• Like 1

So the hand off on a city expressway should be good going from 2600 to 2600? This is asuming the best signal and prl order has 2600 first.

A PRL is a cdmaOne/CDMA2000 thing.  It has almost no bearing on LTE.

AJ

• Like 1

On my way to Venice Beach and picking up Band 41 all over the place. :)

Posted Image

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Glad to hear that TD-LTE is working in LA!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Glad to hear that TD-LTE is working in LA!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, they've still got a long way to go though. Upon arriving at Venice Beach, it all became Band 25. I'll still take though.

• Like 2

On my way to Venice Beach and picking up Band 41 all over the place. :)

Posted Image

What's the channel bandwidth?

Honestly, I didn't even check. I'm not certain how to find that out on my Zing.

I have not seen any engineering screen readout on the Netgear tri band hotspot that specifies LTE carrier bandwidth.  But no way are you getting 34 Mbps down, 18 Mbps up out of a 10 MHz TDD carrier, nor a 5 MHz FDD carrier.  The process of elimination indicates a 20 MHz TDD carrier.

AJ

• Like 3

I handed off to dozens of TD-LTE 2600 sites in Denver. Had zero problems. Worked flawlessly, even while streaming.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Now I just need TDE LTE on my towers and a phone that uses it.

You might be waiting a while for "TDE LTE"...

;)

AJ

• Like 8