Sprint TD-LTE 2500/2600mhz Discussion

Exactly my point. Sprint is most-likely subsidizing these things. Sprint is being weird about this Tri-band launch. First, a totally soft-launch with very little fan-fare, then the apparent subsidizing on the Novatel Tri-band hotspot??? Seems like they have a trick or two up their sleeves. I do hope I can activate this hotspot on a pay-as-you-go plan, but I doubt that very seriously. Sent from my Sprint iPhone 5, not the old one (using Tapatalk 2).

Probably playing it low key because no tri-band phones are on the market as yet.

I wonder why they didn't didn't have Samsung manufacture a tri-band S4, my guess is it would've delayed the launch date and they didn't want to be the only carrier not carrying the device at launch and miss out on new customers.

Do they even have any pay-as-you-go data plans?

I've heard from several sources that you can activate a sprint hotspot without a contract. This will be my first Sprint hotspot, as I only have a sprint iPhone 5. The rest of my devices are on the Verizon and AT&T networks (off contract, btw).

On a side-note, this means I can cancel my Sprint hotspot add-on for my iPhone 5 account. Most-likely won't be needing that anymore either.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 5, not the old one (using Tapatalk 2).

After breakfast I'm going to my bank and getting a Visa gift card with a billing address to my shipping address. So I'll try it again. It looks like the offer is still good. :)

Is Bob's Bank, Bait & Tackle open today?  I thought he was closed on Wednesday so that he could go out to the firing range.

:P

AJ

Sprint must have sold a lot of the portable hotspots. Triband phones aren't out yet.

I just got a list of towers that have shown usage, I'm guessing some of that might be from Ericcson or another contractor doing validation testing.

Is Bob's Bank, Bait & Tackle open today? I thought he was closed on Wednesday so that he could go out to the firing range.

:P

AJ

Nope, he's open today. And I bank at Farmer John's Savings and Loan Sharks. They treat me good seeing as I own 50% of the shares. :P

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

And I bank at Farmer John's Savings and Loan Sharks.

Well played, Josh, well played.

AJ

• Like 2

10GB / channel x 3 Channels

That sounds pretty good in comparison. I thought the Sprint NV LTE sites only had 100 mbps connection for backhaul (with possible upgrade to 1 Gbps)

I would bet on history repeating itself and the iPhone being behind the curve as they have done this since the very first edge only iphone.

I would bet on the next iPhone being triband. SoftBank (now apple's second largestis a bigest customer) purchaser of iPhones and I think their lte network is exculsively 2.5 (not 100 percent on this, would love a correction if not accurate). This I think garentees 2.5 at the least and I have no idea why they would omit 800 lte. So my money is on yes, but as an iPhone user that could be a product of wishful thinking.

That sounds pretty good in comparison. I thought the Sprint NV LTE sites only had 100 mbps connection for backhaul (with possible upgrade to 1 Gbps)

This would be the Clearwire backhaul off of the wimax/td-lte towers.

Here is some points today of my Denver Band 41 TD-LTE testing.

• Another point about the hotspot, but not Band 41 (TDD-LTE) related, is that it is a RF beast.  The Netgear MiFI tends to best my Note 2 on Band 25 LTE signals by 6-10dBm.  That's a lot.  In Castle Rock, Colorado with a 10dBm difference, my Note 2 would do 11Mbps on its own, but connected to the hotspot it would do 20Mbps.  Huge difference in speed with 10dBm.  Also, my CDMA RSSI is roughly 4-8dBm better too.

Robert

Off-topic post:

This makes me wonder if there's something wrong with mine. My indoor signal strength is about -107 and it drops LTE altogether when it hits -109. My Photon and iPhone both hold it until nearly -120.

Look what Robert started. He went out and bought a triband hotspot and did several tests which got us all excited and crazy like coy fish in a pond. Every body is going to wirefly and buy triband like crazy. Sprint owes Robert and staff a lot for this site, that is a bunch of new activations for the Q3 if they keep seeing out. 

• Like 5

Look what Robert started. He went out and bought a triband hotspot and did several tests which got us all excited and crazy like coy fish in a pond.

So, koi are coy?  ¿Qué?

;)

AJ

• Like 2

I have a question about TD-LTE. My understand is that we believe that Clearwire's network uses 4:3 downlink to uplink ratio for their time slots. I am wondering if it would be possible for Sprint to adjust the ratio to reach 100+Mbps without needing to add another 20Mhz.

I thought clearwire LTE is using 3:2 downlink to uplink ratio for timeslots

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I would bet on the next iPhone being triband. SoftBank (now apple's second largestis a bigest customer) purchaser of iPhones and I think their lte network is exculsively 2.5 (not 100 percent on this, would love a correction if not accurate). This I think garentees 2.5 at the least and I have no idea why they would omit 800 lte. So my money is on yes, but as an iPhone user that could be a product of wishful thinking.

No, they also have Band 1 (2100 Mhz) for LTE.

• Like 1

the 2.5 will soon the the additional band that Softbank will have. Not currently.

No, they also have Band 1 (2100 Mhz) for LTE.

Never had a LG phone not sure I would bite on the first triband regardless of vendor until its been out long enough to have the bugs worked out.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So, koi are coy?  ¿Qué?

;)

AJ

Ehhh...I don't know what that means, I tried to translate through Google Translate and all it say was "Koi are coy? What?" haha OHHHH I spelled Koi fish wrong! hahaha

Ehhh...I don't know what that means, I tried to translate through Google Translate and all it say was "Koi are coy? What?" haha OHHHH I spelled Koi fish wrong! hahaha

Koi the species of fish, are coy "weird" que "what"

• Like 1