Samsung to sell S4 LTE-Advanced phone starting this month

kckid

According to Business Insider, Samsung will start selling a S4 LTE-Advanced starting this month.

"J.K. Shin, also co-chief executive of the world's biggest technology firm by revenue, said the phone would be sold in South Korea as early as this month."

http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-launching-faster-galaxy-s4-phone-2013-6#ixzz2WTa1dzSe

Yup, very excited about this phone...and praying that it comes to Sprint with tri-band LTE support!!  If rumor is true, then this thing is a monster...Qualcomm S800 chip!  Considering that GS4 is semi-water resistant and shock proof, and now S800 with next gen LTE support, this is the phone to get for 2013! 

Just in case anyone missed it, here is a video of internal testing of GS4...note that this is the non-Active model!

http://youtu.be/K4f9gQ7b6Gg

Edited by Thai
  • Like 1

I would if possible.  The current GS4 does not support tri-band LTE anyways....

Do you know when Galaxy S4 with tri-band LTE / or Galaxy S4 tri-band LTE with Snapdragon 800 come out? I dont know if my Samsung Epic 4G can last few months longer lol

Do you know when Galaxy S4 with tri-band LTE / or Galaxy S4 tri-band LTE with Snapdragon 800 come out? I dont know if my Samsung Epic 4G can last few months longer lol

Million dollar question...no one knows for sure.  Maybe someone here with more knowledge can chime in.

• Like 2

Here's a good article on how speedy the snapdragon 800 is.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/18/qualcomm-snapdragon-800-mdp-benchmarks/

Yeah, if GS4 LTE Advanced comes with this monster chip PLUS tri-band LTE support, then just tell me where to sign up!!  My upgrade is in 10 days...so, come on Sprint, give me something to lust after! :)

BTW, GS4 LTE Advanced may be announced tomorrow at Samsung party in London.

Edited by Thai
  • Like 1

Does the GS4 LTE Advanced model have a new model number?  I would think so since its got new internals inside the phone.  I guess I am trying to figure out how would we know if Sprint would be getting a GS4 refresh with the GS4 LTE Advanced tri-band LTE model.

Does the GS4 LTE Advanced model have a new model number?  I would think so since its got new internals inside the phone.  I guess I am trying to figure out how would we know if Sprint would be getting a GS4 refresh with the GS4 LTE Advanced tri-band LTE model.

The new s4 willl replace the current S4

From that link it states

" It's unlikely this Galaxy S4 will see action outside of Samsung's home country, then, though that shouldn't exactly come as a surprise to anyone."

Sent from my EVO

GS4 LTE Advanced is too far ahead for USA.  ATT and Verizon are probably upgrading LTE towers to Advanced later this year in few select areas...and that is still up in the air.  Sprint is still behind ATT and Verizon on the current LTE...we probably won't see Advanced LTE towers until mid-2014 at earliest i would imagine.  Sprint bringing LTE Advanced phone this early is probably not worth it for anyone...and may piss off current S4 owners, which may result in mass returns of current GS4 (for those still in window for returns).

I THINK our only hope of getting a S800 phone is via LG Optimus G2.  Sprint is a carrier for LG Optimus G...so, Sprint should carry G2.  In addition, LG promises that G2 will be released worldwide at the same time...so, Sprint should carry it almost immediately once announced.  (Even if GS4 LTE Advanced is release in USA, ATT and, probably, Verizon will get it way before Sprint...we're the bastard stepchild!)  And LG promises LG G2 will be released sometime this summer...so, after reading above, i think that G2 is my best option at getting a S800 phone.

The other option is waiting for Galaxy Note 3, which may come with S800 or Exynos 5 Octa.  The problem for me is that Note 3 will likely be slightly bigger than Note 2, which i have currently.  My Note 2 is kinda too big for my taste...so, Note 3 will likely be too big for me, even if it stays the same size.  For me, 4.7-5.0 is max screen size.

Edited by Thai

From that link it states

" It's unlikely this Galaxy S4 will see action outside of Samsung's home country, then, though that shouldn't exactly come as a surprise to anyone."

Sent from my EVO

Yeah, I don't how samsung could release this device on a global scale, that will no doubt cannibalize their own sales.  

So should I hold off buying Galaxy S4? 

Bro, go get you a gs4 and call it a day, this phone isn't coming to sprint.

• Like 1

Most phones can survive a short dip on water but need to dried thoroughly or else you risk permanent damage. My friend dropped her phone in photograph develoment chemicals and within the hour it was working like new again.

GS4 LTE Advanced is too far ahead for USA.  ATT and Verizon are probably upgrading LTE towers to Advanced later this year in few select areas...and that is still up in the air.  Sprint is still behind ATT and Verizon on the current LTE...we probably won't see Advanced LTE towers until mid-2014 at earliest i would imagine.  Sprint bringing LTE Advanced phone this early is probably not worth it for anyone...and may piss off current S4 owners, which may result in mass returns of current GS4 (for those still in window for returns).

I read somewhere that Sprint is deploying 4G LTE release 10. Software update all is need to upgrade to LTE Advanced

Anyway,

Yeah, I don't how samsung could release this device on a global scale, that will no doubt cannibalize their own sales.  

Bro, go get you a gs4 and call it a day, this phone isn't coming to sprint.

Samsung just announced Galaxy S4 in different colors. Thinking about getting blue one :P Blue is my favorite color haha 

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/06/21/new-galaxy-s4-colors-red-blue-pink-red-brown/

Yep Korea always gets the best toys. This phone will not be sold in the U.S.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

So much bullshit. That phone is going to be a damn monster. The DEFINITION of elite phone.