Network Vision/LTE- North LA Market

BenJDitzel

So here is the specs for iPhone 5. Will it work on Td-lte. CDMA model A1429*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25)

So here is the specs for iPhone 5. Will it work on Td-lte. CDMA model A1429*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25)

The iPhone 5 does not run on TD-LTE 2600 (Band 41). For Sprint, it only runs on Band 25, which is PCS band. It remains to be seen if the new iPhone 5S will support Sprint Bands 26 and 41 (Triband).

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm not sure if there's a best band, but as Robert mentioned above, Sprint will have 25, 26, and 41.

The best band is 41, because it should have the best performance. If the signal gets bad on Band 41, then you have two back up bands. :tu:

• Like 1

Any word on lte the north la market now says anticipated lte launch=TBD. any delays at all.

The deployment is going on, it's just a really slow moving market.

Looks like another site should be in progress or will be worked on fairly soon....I just saw the following on the permit website for Ventura county, issued on 8/22:

MODIFICATION OF EQUIPMENT ON AN
EXISTING COMMUNICATION FACILITY.
INSTALL (6) NEW RRH'S (REMOTE
RADIO HEAD.) REMOVE (6)
ANTENNAS. RETROFIT BTS CABINET
AND INSTLAL (1) NEW JUCTION BOX.
POINT MUGU SITE, 4710
HUNEME RD. CROWN CASTLE SITE
OPERATOR, SITE NO. 881026.

• Like 1

Td-lte vs fd-lte which is better.

There is not a one is better than another. FDD is used for paired spectrum and TDD for unpaired. There's advantages to both.

On Saturday I stopped by this site in Camarillo, near Lewis. I was surprised that there were guys working on the site. They were from a company called VCI and they were trenching to run the conduit and fiber for Time Warner. He thought that there would be others back later in the day or evening to do some work on the antennas.

X6f1JBM.jpg

1o5oJfs.jpg

• Like 1

On Saturday I stopped by this site in Camarillo, near Lewis. I was surprised that there were guys working on the site. They were from a company called VCI and they were trenching to run the conduit and fiber for Time Warner. He thought that there would be others back later in the day or evening to do some work on the antennas.

1o5oJfs.jpg

Nice shot of an AL PCS RRU! LTE is not too far away!

That is a very busy tower.... I see iDen, and T-Mobile AIR antennas, plus Sprint and possibly AT&T. 

Nice shot of an AL PCS RRU! LTE is not too far away!

That is a very busy tower.... I see iDen, and T-Mobile AIR antennas, plus Sprint and possibly AT&T. 

Thanks!

I'm hoping LTE is coming soon, especially since LTE has been going live in other 4th round Alcatel Lucent markets.

Keep us updated if they come back and install the new antennas.

Sure thing.

If it's like the other couple of sites I've seen in progress, they should go up fairly quick. The backhaul is another story....hopefully Time Warner is quicker than ATT.