Network Vision/LTE- North LA Market

BenJDitzel

In woodbridge I can pick up a faint bar of lte if im outside, but inside I don't get a strong enough signal. My phone still struggles to get any sprint reception whasoever indoors at home. Im HOPEFUL that 800 will help me on both fronts (data and voice) but Im not so sure if it will yet. From my experience in the valley if my phone has even the slightest, faintest, tiniest, miniscule bit of reception, it doesn't want to pick up 800. My unusably faint sprint signal at home will probably keep my phone from kicking over to 800 me thinks. I wish the threshold would be raised a little bit to an unusable level of reception causing the switch, instead of having to have no signal whatsoever.

I only get it in my room upstairs and phone is close to window but is awesome

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

• 2 months later...

Couple of new permits.

1241 TEITSORT DR,
FILLMORE, CA 93015
C14-000312
Commercial
$25,000.00
MODIFICATION TO EXISTING UNMANNED SPRINT TELECOMMUNICATIONS FACILITY
-REMOVE AND REPLACE (3) PANEL ANTENNAS, RETROFIT (1) MODCELL CABINET, REMOVE AND REPLACECABLES, REMOVE AND REPLACE (1) GPS ANTENNA, INSTALL (1) FIBER JUNCTION BOX, INSTALL (6) RRH'S,INSTALL (2) 1 1/2" RIGID CONDUITS,INSTALLATION OF FIBER BACKHAUL. --VALUATION BASED ON CONTRACTOR PRICE

1800 SCHOOL CANYON RD,
VENTURA, CA 93001
C14-000313
Commercial
$25,000.00
MODIFICATION TO EXISTING UNMANNED SPRINT TELECOMMUNICATIONS FACILITY

--REMOVE (12) CDMA PANEL ANTENNAS, INSTALL (3) NEW PANEL ANTENNAS, RETROFIT (1) MODCELL CABINET, INSTALL (1) NEW FIBER JUNCTION BOX, REMOVE AND REPLACE CABLES, INSTALL (2) 1 1/2" RIGID CONDUITS --- VALUATION BASED ON CONTRACTOR PRICE

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got LTE for the first time in Santa Maria today - on the 101 near Stowell. Don't have a device capable of mapping it, unfortunately.

Edited by Michael
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if our North LA region has any band 26 or 41 yet? I'm thinking about getting a tri band phone but don't know if it would be of any benefit to me at this time or if I should just wait until further down the line?

Band 26 will start deployment in a few weeks. Band 41 by the end of the year.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Ventura county's online permit system is finally active....much better than the pdf's they were generating every few weeks. I found a permit dating back to June.

Permit for Ojai, in the plan check phase still. It was applied for on 6/6/14.

Work Location: 
780 VENTURA AV
OAK VIEW CA 93022

Project Description:
Modifications to existing Sprint Cell Site-Replace 6 Antenna, Install new fiber junction box, Install new MMBTS Cabinet, Install New Hybriflex fiber optic cables using existing coax route, Install new RRU's, Install 1/2" liquid tight flexible conduits from junction box to MMBTS

If I upgraded now to a tri band phone, would I have any csfb issues in this area?

From what I've experienced, you shouldn't.

The only one I've had issues connecting to when LTE went live, was the site by my work. It was fixed within a week. The others that I had checked out, were good to go.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/page-5&do=findComment&comment=145653

Hello All.

Happy almost September 1st!

This hasn't been updated since May 28th.

Any word if we've made any progress or are we in a wait and see with the new Sprint administration.

Living in Camarillo waiting on the replacement for the Nexus 5 rumored for the next few months

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Permit for band 41.....this one specifically mentions 2.5.

Record C14-000914
Commercial - Combo

Work Location

18000 S MOUNTAIN RD
SOMIS CA 93066

Project Description:
Modification to existing Sprint Cell -- Remove and Replace 3 Antennas on exsiting tower, 3 RRH's on existing tower, Install One (1) Growth Cabinet with one (1) 2.5 equipment in new cabinet, One (1) Fiber cable and two (2) battery strings in growth cabinet, Construct 42 SF of new foundation for new Growth Cabinet

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if it's my phone not being able to get the correct bands. The iphone 5 only supports sprints band 25 - 1900 MHz. If I upgrade to the 5s I will also have band 26 - 800 MHz, and of course the 6 will support td band 41 - 2500 MHz.

That is my best guess.

It doesn't have a cdma mode.

Maybe try a profile update?

You definitely should be getting LTE when you're out and about in Oxnard, Camarillo, and Ventura. It may not be everywhere, but you'll be connected a fair amount of the time.