Network Vision/LTE- North LA Market

BenJDitzel

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sprint+fdd-lte+bands

Nibbles, seriously please stop spam posting this forum with questions that are easily found. Some of us look here for actual news in the North LA market.

In case the link is confusing, Sprint is using bands 25, 26 and 41. FDD-LTE is on 26. Iphones don't have 41.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I think the LTE at the Oxnard Transportation Center has been turned on today. I've been having a good signal at my office down the street.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I think the LTE at the Oxnard Transportation Center has been turned on today. I've been having a good signal at my office down the street.

It might be the site that's pretty close to there. It was 3G accepted around the last week in November. 

If you get a chance, map it on Sensorly.

It might be the site that's pretty close to there. It was 3G accepted around the last week in November.

If you get a chance, map it on Sensorly.

Yeah it is the site close to the OTC. Outside the office i have a full LTE signal. I'll map it as soon as i get a chance.

• Like 1

To map an area on Sensorly does my phone need to use the bands that are planned to be mapped ? Makes sense that it would.. I have an S2, meaning wi-max not LTE, so would it just be a waste of time? Thanks!

To map an area on Sensorly does my phone need to use the bands that are planned to be mapped ? Makes sense that it would.. I have an S2, meaning wi-max not LTE, so would it just be a waste of time? Thanks!

yea haha sorry for the disappointment

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else get a text today saying the upgrade will be done in the next month in our area? How true is this.. because I've yet to get lte where I live in ventura if anything I've been loosing signal a lot lately

Edited by jrollercoasters

Anyone else get a text today saying the upgrade will be done in the next month in our area? How true is this.. because I've yet to get lte where I live in ventura if anything I've been loosing signal a lot lately Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

I haven't gotten anything. I don't know if that text is specific to your "area" or North LA in general, but I don't think hey could be "done" unless they aren't adding upgrades to every tower after all. I still don't have any lte where I live, or at my family's house in South Oxnard, that being said I am going to give t mobile a two week try and see how it goes.

Anyone else get a text today saying the upgrade will be done in the next month in our area? How true is this.. because I've yet to get lte where I live in ventura if anything I've been loosing signal a lot lately Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

I haven't gotten anything. I don't know if that text is specific to your "area" or North LA in general, but I don't think hey could be "done" unless they aren't adding upgrades to every tower after all. I still don't have any lte where I live, or at my family's house in South Oxnard, that being said I am going to give t mobile a two week try and see how it goes.

That text went out to Sprint subscribers all over the country. Even ones that don't live in a Sprint coverage area any more (Robert got it in South Dakota, where he's had his billing address listed for several months).

The text has very little to do with the actual state of the network in your area, and appears to be more of a marketing ploy to keep people from leaving. 

It's rather unfortunate, because in areas like the North LA market, it will be nowhere close to complete in a month.

Yea it sux I was gonna switch to t mobile before I signed into another 2 year and get stuck because I thought sprint would come through sadly not true

Sprint's working on it. If you were a Sponsor, you would see that most of the towers in your area have been upgraded to Network Vision. The unfortunate thing, is that even with the LTE equipment sitting there ready, they can't turn it on until the high speed internet connection arrives. 

Many of the ISPs that have been contracted to deliver Fiber, or Microwave, or any other high speed connection have been very slow to do so, and is one of the main factors that has been putting Sprint behind schedule. Unfortunately, there's not much Sprint can do about it either. Because if an ISP is being really slow, they can cancel the contract, but that just ads another 6 month wait while they bid out to another ISP and then wait for them to do the work.

Yea it sux I was gonna switch to t mobile before I signed into another 2 year and get stuck because I thought sprint would come through sadly not true

I wouldn't say that. Sprint will come through with their promises or their company will burn to the ground... And we all know Son isn't about loosing. Tmobile will still pay your ETF's if you don't want to be with sprint, but I encourage you to stay. The results will be worth it.

Edit: got beat to it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm just doing a couple week trial run, see how it performs where I live, work, play, and travel and take it from there. I haven't left sprint yet, but if t mobile is going to pay my etf back to me there's nothing keeping me from exploring other options anymore.

I'm just doing a couple week trial run, see how it performs where I live, work, play, and travel and take it from there. I haven't left sprint yet, but if t mobile is going to pay my etf back to me there's nothing keeping me from exploring other options anymore.

Yea I tempted but I'm gonna stick it out with sprint a bit longer I believe you live right by Me and t-mobile service here is incredible my roommate gets really good speeds everywhere

Yea I tempted but I'm gonna stick it out with sprint a bit longer I believe you live right by Me and t-mobile service here is incredible my roommate gets really good speeds everywhere

Yea I'm in Woodbridge at Johnson and Ralston. I don't get any signal at home, at all. It holds onto a zero bar signal for deal life and doesn't allow me roam either. I was hopeful that the 800mhz would help my problem but to tell the truth I'm just tired of waiting and paying a hundred dollar bill every month for a phone that I can't use for 14 hours out of the day.

Edited by WallsOfJonathan

Yea I'm in Woodbridge at Johnson and Ralston. I don't get any signal at home, at all. It holds onto a zero bar signal for deal life and doesn't allow me roam either. I was hopeful that the 800mhz would help my problem but to tell the truth I'm just tired of waiting and paying a hundred dollar bill every month for a phone that I can't use for 14 hours out of the day.

You can always ask for an airave at home in the mean time.  That will get you voice and 3g, but that's about it.  It should hold you for the time being.

You can always ask for an airave at home in the mean time. That will get you voice and 3g, but that's about it. It should hold you for the time being.

We got one when we first moved in, and it was worse than the reception we were dealing with, calls wouldn't connect and we would get voice mail notifications without our phones even ringing, so we sent it back and just did our best. My fiancé moved on from sprint to straight talk when her contact expired (AT&T towers) and she couldn't be happier.

Edited by WallsOfJonathan

We got one when we first moved in, and it was worse than the reception we were dealing with, calls wouldn't connect and we would get voice mail notifications without our phones even ringing, so we sent it back and just did our best. My fiancé moved on from sprint to straight talk when her contact expired (AT&T towers) and she couldn't be happier.

I would still try another airave/Airvana.  It won't hurt you and Could help.  They are on version 2.5 now, so you won't know until you try the new one.  If you're willing to wait, then wait it out.  With the new plans and the situations arising, why not leave to get better service and come back if it is the better option for you at that time? 

If i was having issues with voice/text, i would leave.  Most of the time though, my service is good enough and if data doesn't work, then I deal with it, but coming from nextel years ago, i'm fine with some of the 3g speeds i get.