Network Vision/LTE- North LA Market

BenJDitzel

One more thing to add im new to having other people work on cell sites aka venders. The thing i was wondering is why when I was driving my gas scooter i saw samsung alcetel and Ericsson workers by one cell tower.

thats who works on sprint towers

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

But why were all three companies looking at one cell tower confused

Samsung - > looking at their TD-LTE (Spark) NV 2.0 equipment

Alcatel-Lucent --> Looking at Network Vision Equipment

Ericsson -> Figuring out how to put the Samsung TD-LTE equipment on the same rack as Alcatel-Lucent's Network Vision equipment

• Like 2

I heard this is samsungs first adventure in the usa for contracts. Is samsung quick at deploying equipment cause if they r quicker. I hope they get future work with sprint.

This is actually Samsungs first major tier 1 network deployment. They did some work for clearwire a bit back for wimax.

As far as we know and can see, Samsung is the most aggressive of the 3 vendors with arguably the best deployed equipment [right now] AND workmanship on their sites so no shenanigans with sites configured incorrectly or bad installations [cough ERC cough].  

This is actually Samsungs first major tier 1 network deployment. They did some work for clearwire a bit back for wimax.

As far as we know and can see, Samsung is the most aggressive of the 3 vendors with arguably the best deployed equipment [right now] AND workmanship on their sites so no shenanigans with sites configured incorrectly or bad installations [cough ERC cough].

that is very exciting so are thry planning on doing all of cali first? And spark is better than lte right?

that is very exciting so are thry planning on doing all of cali first? And spark is better than lte right?

This is Sprints NV vendor regions

29xvoti.jpg

And NV 2.0 TDD-LTE will mostly follow the same areas. There are areas in ALU and ERC territory that uses Samsung TDD-LTE equipment but it was planned way before CWs acquisition by Sprint was even a thought but all new deployment in these areas will likely follow the NV vendor equipment. Only major change is ERC markets will have ERC replaced by Nokia Solutions & Network be the NV 2.0 T DD-LTE vendor.

• Like 1

Ok the weirdest thing just happened i did a random 3G speed and it showed me 4.01 Mbps download. I thought what did it again and 3.57 Mbps download and I said to myself merry Christmas

False results as EVDO is not capable of that. 3.2 is about the max and all the stars and moons have to be aligned to pull it off.

Question when is Q2 for a company just wondering cause of this. Original Scheduled Completion = Q2 2014. I really hate going back and forth between 3G and lte

Q1 begins for most companies around Jan-March.