Samsung GS4 SPH-L720T [TRI-BAND] (was "Sprint GS4 with Tri-Band support this Fall Official Thread")

Ascertion

So if the first generation of Tri-Band LTE phones come out this fall, should the 2nd set be coming out in the May timeframe? My contract is up in May, so I might as well just wait until then to upgrade my phone.

Depends on the type of phone u are looking for. I assume u are talking about the galaxy s5 and the htc one 2. Both those phones should be out by may 2014.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I assume u are talking about the galaxy s5 and the htc one 2. Both those phones should be out by may 2014.

HTC one 2 sounds awkward. Maybe they'll just go the Apple route and call it "the new One."

HTC one 2 sounds awkward. Maybe they'll just go the Apple route and call it "the new One."

I know the HTC One 2 is not going to be the name of next year's HTC One.  The point I was trying to make is that the next generation of the HTC One in 2014 will have triband LTE.

I know the HTC One 2 is not going to be the name of next year's HTC One.  The point I was trying to make is that the next generation of the HTC One in 2014 will have triband LTE.

I know, but it does make me wonder how all these companies are going to differentiate the next iteration. Harmony One, HTC One, Xbox One... "the One" sounds like the ultimate product, impossible to improve, which is obviously never the case with electronics.

Samsung has announced new Galaxy S4 handsets that will automatically switch between different 4G networks worldwide.

This doesn't mention Sprint but it seems an obvious place for it to end up in the US.  Third Q date sounds good too.

http://www.zdnet.com/samsung-tweaks-galaxy-s4-to-make-it-simpler-for-global-travellers-to-use-4g-7000018794/

----------------

Samsung plans to release new versions of its Galaxy S4 and S4 mini smartphones that can automatically switch between 4G networks across the world that use different LTE standards.

The new devices will be able to switch between networks based on the TDD (Time-Division Duplex) and FDD (Frequency Division Duplex) variants of the LTE 4G wireless technology.

Samsung says the move is designed to make it easier for travellers to use data services in different countries without disruption.

While most of the world relies on FDD-LTE, adoption of TDD-LTE is expected to grow in the US, China, Australia, Middle East, Northern and Eastern Europe, and Southwest Asia.

According to market research firm Strategy Analytics, the global LTE market will increase 20 percent annually on average, from 270 million devices in 2013 to 680 million devices in 2017. The TDD-LTE market is expected to take up 18 percent of the entire LTE market by 2015.

Samsung will launch the dual-mode LTE handsets in countries worldwide from the third quarter of this year.

Robert, have you heard anything else regarding the GS4 w/ Tri-band or is it still just a rumor?

Not one peep, other than rumors. Seems plausible though. We know Samsung is going to make TD-LTE 2600 devices this Fall. To include Sprint's other two bands with it seems like an easy order.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Not one peep, other than rumors. Seems plausible though. We know Samsung is going to make TD-LTE 2600 devices this Fall. To include Sprint's other two bands with it seems like an easy order.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Someone mentioned the fact that Sprint is having this BOGO free Galaxy S4 promotion right now could hint that Sprint is trying to get rid of all their existing inventory quicker so that it can start shipping in triband Galaxy S4 models to stores for the Fall.  It makes sense to me and the timing seems to be pretty good right now.  I guess we still have to look out for a Sprint galaxy s4 triband model hitting the FCC to be completely sure.

Someone mentioned the fact that Sprint is having this BOGO free Galaxy S4 promotion right now could hint that Sprint is trying to get rid of all their existing inventory quicker so that it can start shipping in triband Galaxy S4 models to stores for the Fall. It makes sense to me and the timing seems to be pretty good right now. I guess we still have to look out for a Sprint galaxy s4 triband model hitting the FCC to be completely sure.

Yep, it will be called the Galaxy S4 Skyrocket.

This messsege brought to you by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

• Like 1

Too much of an At&t feel to that name. I suspect it'll be called the Galaxy S4 Epic.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I feel like they night call it Galaxy S4. That way no one gets confused and when they start emptying their old stock of s4's that's when they start bringing in the new ones and the only way to find out which one you have is by being able to tell what processor you have. That's just my guess.

I feel like they night call it Galaxy S4. That way no one gets confused and when they start emptying their old stock of s4's that's when they start bringing in the new ones and the only way to find out which one you have is by being able to tell what processor you have. That's just my guess.

I was just joking. The carrier branding thing died with the S2 and all its crazy names.

• Like 2

Someone mentioned the fact that Sprint is having this BOGO free Galaxy S4 promotion right now could hint that Sprint is trying to get rid of all their existing inventory quicker so that it can start shipping in triband Galaxy S4 models to stores for the Fall.  It makes sense to me and the timing seems to be pretty good right now.  I guess we still have to look out for a Sprint galaxy s4 triband model hitting the FCC to be completely sure.

what irritates me about this is I paid 250 for the phone! lol every other carrier was 200

• 2 weeks later...

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-6452_7-57598650/sprint-scores-exclusive-red-htc-one-superphone/?part=pulse&subj=androidatlas&tag=title

This must mean that they are getting rid of stock for the new tri-band HTC One right. :rolleyes:

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

Samsung Galaxy S 4 MegaEpic 4G LTE Bad Touch-panel Skyrocketing Magical Rainbow Unicorn Edition, with Google

• Like 5

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-6452_7-57598650/sprint-scores-exclusive-red-htc-one-superphone/?part=pulse&subj=androidatlas&tag=title This must mean that they are getting rid of stock for the new tri-band HTC One right. :rolleyes: This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

Hopefully this means that a new HTC One triband LTE version is coming in the Fall as well but who knows.  I think if the Galaxy S4 gets an updated version with triband LTE, we may see a HTC One triband LTE version but I highly doubt that.

The fact that they just release a brand NEW purple S4 and a brand new red ONE does NOT scream "we are clearing OLD stock to make room for a new tri-band device"... rather it screams business as usual with these two devices...

• Like 1

The fact that they just release a brand NEW purple S4 and a brand new red ONE does NOT scream "we are clearing OLD stock to make room for a new tri-band device"... rather it screams business as usual with these two devices...

Yup that is why I keep saying until I see a FCC doc that has has the GS4 dimensions with triband LTE for Sprint, I am going to assume all of this is wishful thinking and if those that want a GS4 badly will have to live with single band LTE.