Samsung GS4 SPH-L720T [TRI-BAND] (was "Sprint GS4 with Tri-Band support this Fall Official Thread")

Ascertion

mite be get that LG phone. Samsung to LG. and I hope they won't disappoint.

Oh, a phone that size would crush a mite.

AJ

mite be get that LG phone. Samsung to LG. and I hope they won't disappoint.

I expect the G2 to be tri band but I don't think the phone in the article is the G2. We shall see on August 7th.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

It is crazy that we are the one place that T-Mobile has 850 coverage. What sucks is being in the country this means that Verizon is the only 850 carrier I have out here that has 3G/4G since T-Mobile is 2G the moment you cross over the ICW (even Little River SC is only 2G for T-Mobile!!!)... Both Sprint and AT&T are 1900 out here and the signal is horrible inside. I can't wait for Sprint to take my GMOs and get 800 on them!

Or crazier I can take a Tmobile phone and go outside and have no service. And that's in the capital of the state. ;)

So none of that surprises me with Tmo.

• Like 1

Or crazier I can take a Tmobile phone and go outside and have no service. And that's in the capital of the state. ;)

So none of that surprises me with Tmo.

My girl has t-mobile and we live in the capital (of California) and she gets 20mbps easily in our apartment. Lol. Location, location, location.

wut???

Your "wut???" instead of "what???" sums up the issue, precisely.

;)

AJ

• Like 3

Your "wut???" instead of "what???" sums up the issue, precisely.

;)

AJ

What does that have to do with anything? lol ya clearly knew what I meant.

Edited by lilotimz
no memes pl0x
  • Like 2

I expect the G2 to be tri band but I don't think the phone in the article is the G2. We shall see on August 7th.

Why wouldn't it be the G2 phone?  According to the FCC documents, the phone dimensions are (W 70.9 mm x H 138.5 mm) and don't match up with the LG Optimus G2.  The GS4 phone dimensions are (W 69.8 mm x H 136.6 mm).  The phone dimensions match up more like a Galaxy S4 and HTC One.  LG could be pulling an Apple here and not waiting too long after the announcement to have the phone on sale.  i am sure they want to beat the iPhone 5S and Galaxy Note 3 and get it into the market before they do.

LG could be pulling an Apple here and not waiting too long after the announcement to have the phone on sale.  i am sure they want to beat the iPhone 5S and Galaxy Note 3 and get it into the market before they do.

On the other hand, remember when the LG Optimus G aka Eclipse passed through the FCC OET?  I published the article on The Wall straight away.  Now, remember when the Optimus G was actually released?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-317-updated-lg-eclipse-4g-casts-an-early-shadow/

AJ

On the other hand, remember when the LG Optimus G aka Eclipse passed through the FCC OET?  I published the article on The Wall straight away.  Now, remember when the Optimus G was actually released?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-317-updated-lg-eclipse-4g-casts-an-early-shadow/

AJ

Makes sense.  its best to wait until LG officially announces the Optimus G2 on Aug 7th and get more details first.

Back on topic, do we have new news about whether Sprint will get a triband LTE model of the Galaxy S4?  I just find it hard that Sprint would release an updated model of the Galaxy S4 in October.

• Like 1

Back on topic, do we have new news about whether Sprint will get a triband LTE model of the Galaxy S4?  I just find it hard that Sprint would release an updated model of the Galaxy S4 in October.

I would imagine about 90%, I'm for sure they will. Either 4th quarter or next year 1st quarter.. Might get announced around the time  the note 3. Sprint's been emptying it's current stock of the gs4. buy 1 get 1 free and a sale for 100$ lol. That just adds to the chance of them doing it. OR they could wait till the next galaxy S* phone and have it as a tri-band phone. BUT that is highly doubtful.

I would imagine about 90%, I'm for sure they will. Either 4th quarter or next year 1st quarter.. Might get announced around the time the note 3. Sprint's been emptying it's current stock of the gs4. buy 1 get 1 free and a sale for 100$ lol. That just adds to the chance of them doing it. OR they could wait till the next galaxy S* phone and have it as a tri-band phone. BUT that is highly doubtful.

If they do release one, 4th quarter would be a better time to do so right around the galaxy note 3 while ppl think that the gs4 phone is still current technology. Releasing it in 1st quarter 2014 would be pointless next year. Hopefully we see some FCC documents pass through in sept.

I didnt think about the BOGO free gs4 as a way for sprint to get rid of their existing inventory.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

If they do release one, 4th quarter would be a better time to do so right around the galaxy note 3 while ppl think that the gs4 phone is still current technology. Releasing it in 1st quarter 2014 would be pointless next year. Hopefully we see some FCC documents pass through in sept.

I didnt think about the BOGO free gs4 as a way for sprint to get rid of their existing inventory.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I know it'd be pointless lol. But hey, times flying!

It'd be nice to have triband. But then I dont feel like waiting and it ending up be just a rumor and missing out on a great deal since I dont got Money to pay for 2 phones at upgrade retail price. Then theres the chance of the phone having problems being an early adapter of the new technology. Then not bash on sprint or anything but with how long it took them to just put LTE in parts of Little Rock, I highly doubt LTE on 800mhz rollout will be anything but fast.  

• Like 1

It'd be nice to have triband. But then I dont feel like waiting and it ending up be just a rumor and missing out on a great deal since I dont got Money to pay for 2 phones at upgrade retail price. Then theres the chance of the phone having problems being an early adapter of the new technology. Then not bash on sprint or anything but with how long it took them to just put LTE in parts of Little Rock, I highly doubt LTE on 800mhz rollout will be anything but fast.  

Im waiting for the LG announcement to see if I want their stuff or just do as you and jump into a cheap GS4

• Like 2

..Then not bash on sprint or anything but with how long it took them to just put LTE in parts of Little Rock, I highly doubt LTE on 800mhz rollout will be anything but fast.

LTE 1900 is taking so long because of all the other upgrades that are part of NV 1.0, particularly new backhaul. LTE 800 should be a comparatively speedy rollout since in most cases the equipment is already there. TDD LTE faces more uncertainty since we don't know exactly to what extent it will be deployed.

Another thing to consider that I've read here is that at least the first wave of tri-band phones will all lack both SVDO and SVLTE. The ability to use voice and data at the same time is something I find useful and may not again be available in new Sprint phones until the switch to VoLTE. It's one reason I'm happy I got my S4 when I did, although I'm sad I couldn't take advantage of the BOGO offer.

• Like 1

LTE 1900 is taking so long because of all the other upgrades that are part of NV 1.0, particularly new backhaul. LTE 800 should be a comparatively speedy rollout since in most cases the equipment is already there. TDD LTE faces more uncertainty since we don't know exactly to what extent it will be deployed.

Another thing to consider that I've read here is that at least the first wave of tri-band phones will all lack both SVDO and SVLTE. The ability to use voice and data at the same time is something I find useful and may not again be available in new Sprint phones until the switch to VoLTE. It's one reason I'm happy I got my S4 when I did, although I'm sad I couldn't take advantage of the BOGO offer.

From what I've heard, It's as simple as a upgrade and a chip

I dont think the lack of SVLTE function in triband LTE phones is going to be a big deal.  If you ask folks if they rather have single band LTE with SVLTE or triband LTE w/o SVLTE, I am sure you'll find more people interested in being able to connect to LTE 800 and LTE 2500.

• Like 1

So if the first generation of Tri-Band LTE phones come out this fall, should the 2nd set be coming out in the May timeframe?  My contract is up in May, so I might as well just wait until then to upgrade my phone.