Network Vision/LTE - VT/NH/ME Market (including Manchester, Nashua, Portsmouth, Burlington, Portland, Bangor)

S4GRU

• 3 months later...

I was at Hill Farmstead this Saturday (Greensboro Bend, VT) and my iPhone 7 was roaming in bands 2, 5 & 30. iPhone noted “Extended Network LTE” but I had zero bars of service for voice. Seems data only. 

Is this typical?

thought V-tec and USCC were also roaming partners here. Service left much to be desired to say the least. Blew through the roaming bucket in an hour. 

1 hour ago, banananuts87 said:

I was at Hill Farmstead this Saturday (Greensboro Bend, VT) and my iPhone 7 was roaming in bands 2, 5 & 30. iPhone noted “Extended Network LTE” but I had zero bars of service for voice. Seems data only. 

Is this typical?

thought V-tec and USCC were also roaming partners here. Service left much to be desired to say the least. Blew through the roaming bucket in an hour. 

You were roaming on AT&T LTE—no other provider really uses B30. The bars all being empty means that you weren’t connected to a network for voice (CDMA). 

For some reason it looks like you weren’t able to pick up either USCC or a regional carrier...

• 9 months later...

There is new Sprint coverage in Goffstown NH today. I verified new Band 25 LTE coverage coming from the tower behind the Shell station. The coverage fades out quickly driving west on 114 but its the biggest development in my area since I have been following their coverage. 😀

• Like 5

17 hours ago, signalchaser said:

There is new Sprint coverage in Goffstown NH today. I verified new Band 25 LTE coverage coming from the tower behind the Shell station. The coverage fades out quickly driving west on 114 but its the biggest development in my area since I have been following their coverage. 😀

Cool.  That's NE90XC479.  I will get that added to the maps.  Should be full Triband.  Looks like there is a second site planned for the west side of town too.

Robert

• Like 3

Great news on additional towers Robert. I have been mapping the new one these last few days on my commute and see band 26 as well. It carries ok on Mast road. LTE kind of fades out by the Ford dealer but I now have LTE for the most part from Manchester to about 7 minutes from home. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Has anyone who swapped out their Sprint Sim for the T-MOBILE TNX Sim been to Maine? If so how is T-Mobile’s coverage both data and voice wise?

3 hours ago, JDP121 said:

Has anyone who swapped out their Sprint Sim for the T-MOBILE TNX Sim been to Maine? If so how is T-Mobile’s coverage both data and voice wise?

i live in southern maine but i only have ROAMAHOME on my acocunt but i am on tmobile all the time. coverage is amazing.  maines a big state though so if you plan on going up north, you will probably have a bad time but as long as they still give US Cellular roaming you should be fine.

1 hour ago, swintec said:

i live in southern maine but i only have ROAMAHOME on my acocunt but i am on tmobile all the time. coverage is amazing.  maines a big state though so if you plan on going up north, you will probably have a bad time but as long as they still give US Cellular roaming you should be fine.

Speaking of which, have you roamed on USCC with ROAMAHOME? I know in central NH outside of Sprint coverage, USCC roaming was a godsend. Curious if that changes with the merger.. although TMO appears to have more native coverage anyway.

8 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Speaking of which, have you roamed on USCC with ROAMAHOME? I know in central NH outside of Sprint coverage, USCC roaming was a godsend. Curious if that changes with the merger.. although TMO appears to have more native coverage anyway.

I was unable to roam on US Cellular with ROAMAHOME in Moclips/Pacific Beach, WA recently. Sprint devices were roaming on US Cellular LTE.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikejeep said:

3 hours ago, RAvirani said:

I was unable to roam on US Cellular with ROAMAHOME in Moclips/Pacific Beach, WA recently. Sprint devices were roaming on US Cellular LTE.

Not near you Mike, but I haven't been able to roam on USCC on even newer Sprint devices (not ROAMAHOME) since this Spring. Older Sprint devices do, but my LG G8 didn't even roam on USCC in Nebraska. Pushed me to Viaero. My dad's G7 was able to roam on USCC at the time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mikejeep said:

i havent been in a position to roam on USCC at this point since TMobile is so good around here now.  I just used samsung band selector on my S20+ and chose band 12 and it picked up and connected to USCC without issues.  everything works so maybe in areas that really need it, they left it alone.  if you go much north beyond southern maine, if they did not have USCC roaming, no tmobile customer would have service so its kind of a big deal.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ok. Quick question. I upgraded my iPhone from the XS Max to a iPhone 12 Pro on Oct. 31st and switched my Sprint sim from Sprint to TNX towards the end of November to beginning of December. At the current moment by the way things are going between Sprint/T-Mobile and me moving back to Bangor Maine area towards the end of August 2021. How well does TMO work in the greater Bangor Me, Dexter, Corinth & Some of the southern and northern parts of Maine?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone visit or live in these area able to give feed back on this. Would be amazing if you could. I’m sure Portland Me area is good to go with TMobile experience. But how is service in the following? Bangor/Brewer/Old Town, Corinth, Hudson, Stetson, Dexter, Diver-Fixceoft & Pesquil Maine?

i live in southern maine and tmobile coverage is amazing.  while i know that doesnt exactly help you, their coverage maps are pretty darn accurate so i would feel confident with whatever they show you for the area you are going to.

• Love 1

23 hours ago, swintec said:

i live in southern maine and tmobile coverage is amazing.  while i know that doesnt exactly help you, their coverage maps are pretty darn accurate so i would feel confident with whatever they show you for the area you are going to.

Honestly y the looks of the coverage map. 90% of the areas I’m looking to live and/or go are either 5G or LTE coverage. Hopefully it is as accurate as can be. I’ll definitely find out after moving.