Network Vision/LTE - Winston/Salem Market (including Greensboro)

S4GRU

Picked up LTE in Greensboro off of Westover Terrace near Grimsly. Very small spot, going north, south, or east and I'd lose it. It can be viewed on sensorly. I can't figure out where it was coming from.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I live off of Westover Terrace and have had the signalcheck pro app ping lte several times at home but the phone never connects to it. Either it's a mistake.. Or the signal is there but not letting phones log in, regardless it's weak I think. It doesn't show true readings with this phone for some reason.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Saw your LTE off Westover Terrace.  Got off Wendover and drove up Westover Terrace then up Battleground with LTE then it switched back to 3G around the KFC.  I guess you can't get LTE and original recipe in Greensboro.  Maybe someday.

I can't figure out the lte in that area, if I get off of Battleground or Westover Terrace it drops. The signal is very weak and seems to just run about a quarter mile down the two roads, can't make it where it's coming from.

I mapped it down green valley road and it cut out right before Benjamin Pkwy.  It is possible that one of the 3 towers that are right at Wendover and Westover Terrace is on but at a low setting and that is why the range is so low.  I don't know enough about how they tune the towers and what is the max capability of a full strength signal.

• Like 1

If you look at the map that sprint uses to show what they have done in an area over the last 6 months it is not as informative as one would like.  At Wendover and Westover Terrace it says a data capacity upgrade was done.  The tower that is nearest the mall says data speed upgrade.  When they install LTE equipment does that mean speed upgrade or capacity?  Nice to see that something was done but not clear what.  It says speed on the north side of the airport but have not seen any sign that LTE has ever been available there.  You would think that would be a priority but on the south side says capacity.  I would think that it would not take this long if the change was made up to 6 months ago.

I don't pay attention to there map...all of that in Wendover area is from one site.  Haven't been in that area since I bought my car from Modern Infiniti so I don't remember if there are any hills in the area.  

The upgrades on the Sprint site are all legacy network upgrades that consist of additional T1 lines, data and voice carriers. Best info you can get would be to upgrade your membership here and check out the maps on this site which are identical to what I see at work. Right now the only official network vision site that is complete inside the city limits of Greensboro is the one off west market. Everything else is on the outskirts.

I can't figure out the lte in that area, if I get off of Battleground or Westover Terrace it drops. The signal is very weak and seems to just run about a quarter mile down the two roads, can't make it where it's coming from.

If you look at the map that sprint uses to show what they have done in an area over the last 6 months it is not as informative as one would like.  At Wendover and Westover Terrace it says a data capacity upgrade was done.  The tower that is nearest the mall says data speed upgrade.  When they install LTE equipment does that mean speed upgrade or capacity?  Nice to see that something was done but not clear what.  It says speed on the north side of the airport but have not seen any sign that LTE has ever been available there.  You would think that would be a priority but on the south side says capacity.  I would think that it would not take this long if the change was made up to 6 months ago.

If you guys were sponsors, you'd know exactly where the towers are, like I do. ;)

• Like 1

Information should free. ;/

Just objectively speaking here...

Robert and a few others have put an obscene number hours into presenting that information for us...what's throwing $5-10 at them for their time?

Looks like the Winston Salem market is lighting up nicely on the sponsor maps, BTW... they're being broad about the areas they're lighting up.

Robert and a few others have put an obscene number hours into presenting that information for us...what's throwing $5-10 at them for their time?

I think the money goes to paying for the hosting service, I doubt Robert its getting rich of this website.

If you guys were sponsors, you'd know exactly where the towers are, like I do. ;)

I am a sponsor. And I do know exactly where the towers are, regardless.

I agree though, for those that are interested the information is invaluable and its well worth being a sponsor. Lots of time and effort has gone into making it available.

• Like 1

Mapped where 40 and 85 split in Greensboro near 840.  Also while going north on 311 4G stayed on to just past 68.  It normally dies just after Kivett Drive.  Some of the spots I hit this morning were off this afternoon when I tried to get more detail.

• Like 2

I hope this lull in installs is the calm before the storm! No new updates for anything in awhile. At the current rate of progress it would take two years to complete this area.

Heard a rumor that LTE will be launched in our area next month.  No details, just someone heard from someone else.

Launch next month? Probably not. Sometime this Fall? A possibility. The rollout isn't far enough along at this point for a launch. But it may be withing the next couple of months. Not the a launch really means anything, it's just a press release, the coverage before and after the "launch" doesn't change. It's which towers that are currently active that count. You can find that information in the Sponsor area right now. 

I know in NYC it can take a long time to get things done.  Between permits and other obstacles things can be a mess.  How long is the process in NC to upgrade a tower.  Greensboro and High Point appear to be moving slower than Winston.  That may not be factually correct.

I know in NYC it can take a long time to get things done.  Between permits and other obstacles things can be a mess.  How long is the process in NC to upgrade a tower.  Greensboro and High Point appear to be moving slower than Winston.  That may not be factually correct.

There are more sites complete right now in Winston, but as far as how long it takes to complete, there's really no good answer. Some sites are completed in a matter of days, some take months and months.

Greensboro and High Point appear to be moving slower than Winston.  That may not be factually correct.

I bribed the Innovative Wireless crews!

;)

• Like 1