New BlackBerry Q10 Coming to Sprint

spotmeterf64

It's the exact same SoC that was in the SGS3, so yes it does support 1X Advanced. Proof: 

1x-adv-chips.jpg

Awesome, I figured they would probably support the same bands due to the similar specs. I just don't like to assume things will be there.

I've never checked that actual distance, I might do that tomorrow. It's to my north and serves most of the Hinckley area. 

I rechecked the FCC filing for the Blackberry Q-10, and it does not, I repeat, DOES NOT, support 800 SMR at all.

I rechecked the FCC filing for the Blackberry Q-10, and it does not, I repeat, DOES NOT, support 800 SMR at all.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I'm pretty sure it's a part of the RFP just like band 25 and soon to be, if not already, band 26 and 41. 

EDIT: looks like you're right,  :confused:

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I'm pretty sure it's a part of the RFP just like band 25 and soon to be, if not already, band 26 and 41. 

EDIT: looks like you're right,  :confused:

Yeah, it seems strange, but something must have gone wrong in early testing for them to skip it.

But, on the plus side, I did find out that it does support SVLTE thru the SAR files.

Well that sucks. Any other recent phone skip 800 SMR?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4

Nope, none that we are aware of. And hopefully the next Blackberry won't either.

Wow, I'd honestly rather have the 800 support instead of the LTE, so long as the 3G is usable. Anyone know if I can have the contract date reset and just pay in full for the phone? Or would I have to ship it back and order another?

Ohhh I just noticed you said LTE site... As far as I know that would be the one in Brunswick, about 15 minutes away. However I still don't think it has any fiber running to it.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. How far is the closest lte site to you? My wife's palm pixi is falling apart.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

I'd say it would be because they the original plans for BB10 were to launch in October 2012, but there are devices that have 800 support that are older than that... Hell even the 9350 had 800 support. There wouldn't be anyway this could have been a complete oversight by the FCC is there?

Ok guys, I just got the phone today and here's what I've found. For starters my closest tower is almost exactly 1 mile from my home, and there are layers upon layers of trees and foliage in between. I get between -96 and -103dbm depending on where in the house I am, based on those #'s the Q10 holds about 3-4dbms higher signal strength than the Curve. The tower in Brunswick does actually have 4G broadcasting, the Q10 picked up the 4G right away with no restart or airplane mode on/off needed. Now keep in mind the measurements that I have are only from apps I was able to easily find in BB App world, how accurate they are in comparison to SpeedTest.net or Signal Check pro I don't know. When I was at the tower, the signal strength was at -73dbm, the speed tests were around 6800kbps per second (faster than my home DSL) and the app I found only measures DL. Speeds were great however and a Youtube video loaded immediately in HQ. As for the Q10, I'm still disappointed about it not supporting 800 SMR, but it's an amazing device. The build and keyboard surpasses even the 9900/30 and it's an incredibly fast and fluid device, if you're looking for the ultimate communication device, this is it. As for activating it, the website wanted me to upgrade to the new plans so I had to call in and activate. Ask any questions you can think of, and I'll try and get some better apps like SpeedTest and Signal Check sideloaded on here and get some more measurements.

• Like 1

Ok guys, I just got the phone today and here's what I've found. For starters my closest tower is almost exactly 1 mile from my home, and there are layers upon layers of trees and foliage in between. I get between -96 and -103dbm depending on where in the house I am, based on those #'s the Q10 holds about 3-4dbms higher signal strength than the Curve. The tower in Brunswick does actually have 4G broadcasting, the Q10 picked up the 4G right away with no restart or airplane mode on/off needed. Now keep in mind the measurements that I have are only from apps I was able to easily find in BB App world, how accurate they are in comparison to SpeedTest.net or Signal Check pro I don't know. When I was at the tower, the signal strength was at -73dbm, the speed tests were around 6800kbps per second (faster than my home DSL) and the app I found only measures DL. Speeds were great however and a Youtube video loaded immediately in HQ. As for the Q10, I'm still disappointed about it not supporting 800 SMR, but it's an amazing device. The build and keyboard surpasses even the 9900/30 and it's an incredibly fast and fluid device, if you're looking for the ultimate communication device, this is it. As for activating it, the website wanted me to upgrade to the new plans so I had to call in and activate. Ask any questions you can think of, and I'll try and get some better apps like SpeedTest and Signal Check sideloaded on here and get some more measurements.

Have you tried the ES X app? here are the details: 

http://n4bb.com/easily-access-blackberry-10-engineering-screen-app/

• Like 1

Yeah, that was the switch that made the difference, I'm just on generic "Everything Data 450" now. And as for BIS, it helped in staying way down on the data roaming limit.

BB10 doesn't use bis for which explains why you had to use the newer plans. But since unlimited data. What would be the reason anyway.

Wow, I can't believe I forgot about that, I read about that a few months ago.

Have you tried the ES X app? here are the details: 

http://n4bb.com/easily-access-blackberry-10-engineering-screen-app/

Where do you see the $379 outright price? I'll buy it for that, but it looks like it's $529 on Sprint.com.

It was on Sprint's website when I looked at it Friday morning and then they corrected it.