Motorola X Users Thread!

ericdabbs

You forgot GS4 mini and Nexus 5.

...but neither of which is guaranteed to be offered by Sprint.

AJ

• Like 1

...but neither of which is guaranteed to be offered by Sprint.

AJ

True  but if I was a betting man, I would fully expect to see the Nexus 5 especially if AT&T and Tmobile are selling it.  Even more so if Verizon is going to be left out of the Nexus 5 game.  The GS4 mini OTOH is a toss up but either way both devices have been confirmed to support triband LTE.

True  but if I was a betting man, I would fully expect to see the Nexus 5 especially if AT&T and Tmobile are selling it.  Even more so if Verizon is going to be left out of the Nexus 5 game.  The GS4 mini OTOH is a toss up but either way both devices have been confirmed to support triband LTE.

Let's hope, I've got an upgrade coming up and I would to be somewhat future proofed for a contract cycle.

Would those that have the phone say that it is good enough to not wait for a tri band phone over the next few months? I live in an area with pretty good LTE coverage and I really like the design your own motox (I know we can't do that just yet). But I also really like the idea of tri band LTE with the LG G2.

Received my black Moto X today.  First impressions:

It's about the same size as my old HTC EVO 3d, but about 3/4 the thickness and it's lighter weight.  The rounded back does seem to work better in your hand.  The stock wallpapers and ringtone notifications kinda suck.

Whatever stage the LTE deployment that is covering me (not yet announced) is in, I am only getting 2 bars in my home and it frequently drops back to 3G EVDO (well actually it's calling it eHRPD).  According to Signal Check Light, I am getting -116dBm RSRP, and -10 dB, 8.0 dB SNR RSRQ.  Not sure what to relate those number to, other than they probably mean a borderline LTE connection.  When I am able to stay connected to the LTE signal, I get over 5.5 Mbps download speeds with speedtest.net.  For whatever reason, my ability to stay connected to LTE was no better outside my home.  Will test more this weekend.

Received my black Moto X today.  First impressions:

It's about the same size as my old HTC EVO 3d, but about 3/4 the thickness and it's lighter weight.  The rounded back does seem to work better in your hand.  The stock wallpapers and ringtone notifications kinda suck.

Whatever stage the LTE deployment that is covering me (not yet announced) is in, I am only getting 2 bars in my home and it frequently drops back to 3G EVDO (well actually it's calling it eHRPD).  According to Signal Check Light, I am getting -116dBm RSRP, and -10 dB, 8.0 dB SNR RSRQ.  Not sure what to relate those number to, other than they probably mean a borderline LTE connection.  When I am able to stay connected to the LTE signal, I get over 5.5 Mbps download speeds with speedtest.net.  For whatever reason, my ability to stay connected to LTE was no better outside my home.  Will test more this weekend.

That's a bad LTE signal, I'm surprised that it connects to that at all.

That's a bad LTE signal, I'm surprised that it connects to that at all.

It is fringe but not unusable.  The HTC One will get usable LTE with a -116 dBm RSRP, -10 dB RSRQ, 8 dB SINR signal.

AJ

It is fringe but not unusable.  The HTC One will get usable LTE with a -116 dBm RSRP, -10 dB RSRQ, 8 dB SINR signal.

AJ

I guess I should explained myself better, what I meant was with that signal strength, performance has to pretty unideal.

So you use an HTC One eh? Here I thought you were using some confidential top secret device called "N/A"  :P 

I have several devices among which I can switch.  But I do not like to list them, lest I come off as a "phone pimp."

AJ

• Like 2

I believe Google said they were going to release a lot of moto x refreshes so if you wait until the end of the year you might get lucky with a moto x2 with triband

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

People have to get off this fantasy that Sprint will "refresh" a phone with additional LTE bands. There may be a new Motorola phone before next summer but it will be either 5+ inches, or a low-cost variant, or have a keyboard or something.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

I have several devices among which I can switch. But I do not like to list them, lest I come off as a "phone pimp."

AJ

Hey, I resemble that remark. I've also been called a phone whore. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Yes, you do, but alas, I have already made that joke before.

Robert wears a special coat to carry all of those phones. It looks like this...

tumblr_ln6x3b9wTs1qj9qhto1_400.gif

AJ

• Like 1

I got this phone over the weekend, and let me just say it is the best performing phone I have ever used.  Feels perfect in the hand (reminds me of the Nexus One), extremely snappy, active notifications are great, and it looks cool too.  I was a little worried the active notifications would be a bit gimmicky and drain battery life, but that couldn't be farther from the truth.  I highly recommend this phone to anyone who will listen.

This is compared to phones I have owned or used extensively: Nexus one, iPhone 3/GS, OG EVO 4G, GS3, Nexus S, and the EVO 4G LTE.

You may have noticed in my profile I have jumped to Tmo.  I just cant wait any longer for the empty promise of 4G Sprint service in San Diego, as they are already approaching a year behind schedule, degrading service, and Soft Bank stating things are admittedly going to take one to two more years.  I have passed my EVO onto my son, and have two other phones still on Sprint, so I have not abandoned them altogether.  Perhaps I'll be back one day.  So long, and thanks for the fish.

Mike