Motorola X Users Thread!

ericdabbs

How do I know if I'm getting LTE service or just wi-max 4g. Here in Utah we're just starting to see LTE popping up in some areas. Just wondering if my screen will specifically say "LTE" or if it will always say 4g. Any help is appreciated

That device isn't WiMax capable so whenever you see 4G you're connected to LTE

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well looks like your wait is over. I just installed Kitkat on my Moto X

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Thats what found out this morning.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-s-moto-x-appears-be-getting-its-kitkat-update-morning

Did it just show up on your screen ? or did you have to manually check?

Thats what found out this morning.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-s-moto-x-appears-be-getting-its-kitkat-update-morning

Did it just show up on your screen ? or did you have to manually check?

It showed up after a reboot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well looks like your wait is over. I just installed Kitkat on my Moto X

Seems like you were one of the 1000 customers that got the update first after it started rolling out to all users

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What's the word on a good case for this phone?

A coworker lent me her advocacy phone and I would like to get it protected. On top of adding some bulk to the smallish feeling phone.

I've got a Otterbox Defender on my Moto X and it has already saved the handset and screen.  Ended up scraping up the built in screen protector, so I contacted Otterbox and they sent me a new case.  They warranty all their cases, which is nice because they are not cheap.  I like the feel of the case on the phone because I also felt the phone was small in the hand.  The Defender adds some heft, but it still feels good in the hand.  

Good luck.

I've got a Otterbox Defender on my Moto X and it has already saved the handset and screen. Ended up scraping up the built in screen protector, so I contacted Otterbox and they sent me a new case. They warranty all their cases, which is nice because they are not cheap. I like the feel of the case on the phone because I also felt the phone was small in the hand. The Defender adds some heft, but it still feels good in the hand.

Good luck.

I tried the defender case at my store and I didn't like the corner nubs digging into my hands when I was holding it.

Doesn't really matter much since I switched back to my Nexus. I turned it on and compared screens next to the moto and it doesn't even compare.

Thanks for the input though. Appreciate someone at least answering.

I tried the defender case at my store and I didn't like the corner nubs digging into my hands when I was holding it.

Doesn't really matter much since I switched back to my Nexus. I turned it on and compared screens next to the moto and it doesn't even compare.

Thanks for the input though. Appreciate someone at least answering.

Yes the Nexus is an awesome handset. When my area gets LTE I figure I will try out one of the Spark devices. Seeing as how I still on 3G I figure a single band LTE handset can't hurt.

Good luck.

I highly recommend the N5 if you have the moto x. It's the big brother to the moto just without touchless assist.

Also without Active Notifications, trusted bluetooth, Moto Assist, great battery life, and the amazing ergonomics.

All that bring said, I really enjoy my Nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Also without Active Notifications, trusted bluetooth, Moto Assist, great battery life, and the amazing ergonomics.

All that bring said, I really enjoy my Nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Eh. I can live with it. Being rooted running Franco kernel I have gotten 5 hours screen on time on a bigger phone that to me just fits better in my hand. The moto felt like a toy to me.

I honestly don't do the gimmick thing too much. I used OK Google now twice in 3 days. No joke.

So to me having all the extra features really doesn't mean anything.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Any Moto X users waiting for Lollipop update ?

I wonder if Sprint will bake the Sprint Zone app in the update, now that Google includes VPL (Virtual Preload) to download pre set apps fromt he carrier when carrier  SIM is recognized on the phone.

Hope the Sprint App becomes optional due to the changes in Lollipop 

• 3 months later...

FYI..

The OG Moto X 2013 to receive Lollipop 5.0.2, Soak Test already in process.

Link to article on Soak Test:

http://www.androidauthority.com/moto-x-1st-gen-lollipop-soak-test-594586/

Link to list of Moto devices getting Lollipop 5.1:

http://www.motomobile.in/2015/03/android-5.1-Motorola.html?m=1

* Days following the news above Motorola Update Service was pushed to the device.

Link to photo pic on Google Play store via imgur:

http://imgur.com/frjOLLH,qaipk3E

Lollipop 5.0.2 is just right around the corner.  Yah! :banana:

I received the Moto Update service last week, but I believe the Soak Test is for the GSM version, not the carrier version.

FYI..

The OG Moto X 2013 to receive Lollipop 5.0.2, Soak Test already in process.

Lollipop 5.0.2 is just right around the corner.  Yah! :banana: