HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

I'm holding out hope. All I want is a nice tri band device that won't be a dinosaur in 2 years.

Hate to say it but, regardless of what processor any device phone comes with, in today's cell phone industry, your device is almost guaranteed to be a dinosaur in 2 years. 

• Like 5

Hate to say it but, regardless of what processor any device phone comes with, in today's cell phone industry, your device is almost guaranteed to be a dinosaur in 2 years. 

Watch the same folks who praise the S800 now come back a year from now and trash the S800 for it being a dinosaur even though its not. 

• Like 2

My tiny hands cannot possibly grip this GIGANTIC TITANIC.  There's no way I'll be able to use this phone for personal and/or professional use.

JA

Welcome to S4GRU, MiWaveLength.  Oddly, I get the feeling that I am looking in the mirror at some bizarro world.

AJ

• Like 9

Why are people so enamored with the power/unlock button on the side of the handset?  Keep it on top.  There is nothing wrong with that.

AJ

• Like 2

Why are people so enamored with the power/unlock button on the side of the handset?  Keep it on top.  There is nothing wrong with that.

AJ

I have had 3 HTC phones and 3 Samsung phones, honestly its a bit easier to hit the side button with my thumb than the top button with my index finger, but it's not a big deal.

• Like 1

I have had 3 HTC phones and 3 Samsung phones, honestly its a bit easier to hit the side button with my thumb than the top button with my index finger, but it's not a big deal.

I cannot say how many times that I have gone to adjust the volume and hit the power/unlock button instead on a handset or tablet.  The top of the device is a much more distinct and aesthetically pleasing location for the power/unlock button.

AJ

• Like 7

HTC One Max rooted, fingerprint sensor proves accurate, camera features leak!

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-One-Max-rooted-fingerprint-sensor-proves-accurate-camera-features-leak_id47614#3-

It is just killing me that every single leak is coming from this one source from china.

• Like 1

It is just killing me that every single leak is coming from this one source from china.

Well, it is being manufactured there, so it stands to reason that would be the primary source of leaks.

Well, it is being manufactured there, so it stands to reason that would be the primary source of leaks.

Yeah but the chinese variant is almost always different than what would be available to the rest of the world.

• Like 4

Any guesses on when you guys think HTC will announce the HTC One Max?  There has to be a reason why HTC is taking so long to announce this thing.   At this rate I assume more delays so I am thinking probably November. 

Any guesses on when you guys think HTC will announce the HTC One Max? There has to be a reason why HTC is taking so long to announce this thing. At this rate I assume more delays so I am thinking probably November.

Hopefully they are adding snapdragon 800 and tri band for sprint.

I'm losing hope for HTC. I have been super loyal but lately it seems like there is always something setting them back.

Isn't the company not doing well financially?

Regardless, as much as I love the HTC ONE, this will probably be my last HTC phone. I'm moving over to Nexus, if and when the Nexus 5 gets released.

-Luis

Any guesses on when you guys think HTC will announce the HTC One Max?  There has to be a reason why HTC is taking so long to announce this thing.   At this rate I assume more delays so I am thinking probably November. 

Announce date is supposed to be Oct 15th. We'll be lucky to get it by Thanksgiving if that is the case.