HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

I almost laughed when I read about the Max having an s4pro, not a chance in hell.  I don't know how they could report some nonsense like that.

When I saw that, I immediately thought,VKCbHdw.jpg

Shame on @evleaks. They are trying to offset the hype of the phone because of all of the "leaks" they've been pushing out about it.

• Like 1

I almost laughed when I read about the Max having an s4pro, not a chance in hell.  I don't know how they could report some nonsense like that.

Exactly...I call BS on that one.  Watch them come back at some point to retract their S4 Pro statement.  They have been wrong before about the LG D820 not being the Nexus 5 recently.  I wouldn't be surprised if they screwed up again on this one.

• Like 1

http://vr-zone.com/articles/full-htc-one-max-specs-leak-clear-photos/56600.html

The S4 Pro is still speculation. The power button is on the side. A 5MP camera might be in it instead of a 4MP.

I absolutely refuse to even entertain the thought that the One Max will com with anything else other than an S800 chipset.

• Like 4

http://vr-zone.com/articles/full-htc-one-max-specs-leak-clear-photos/56600.html

The S4 Pro is still speculation. The power button is on the side. A 5MP camera might be in it instead of a 4MP.

Not liking the pics because it kinda shows that the HTC One Max won't have a S-pen like feature.  I am hoping that HTC would revive the Scribe pen but way condensed to the size of a S-pen to fit in a smartphone.  You can tell from the pics that the bottom portion of the phone gets skinnier than on the back side.

Well HTC just needs to announce somehting to confirm the darn specs already.  I don't know about you guys but im dying to know what that box is on the back of the phone and whether this thing will have a S-pen like feature.  From the leaked pics it doens't seem like the HTC One Max will have a S-pen like feature but I would love to be surprised.

Well at this point if this phone Is tri band I'm buying it. Rather it have a s600 or 800 doesn't matter to me. I really want the note 3 but its single band, Im really not feeling the g2, I'm iffy about the nexus 5 so if this is tri band its mine. I'm more of a htc guy anyway since the last 5 phones I've had has been htc.

If the reception is anything like the EVO LTE I will not touch it at all.

• Like 1

Best explanation I've seen so far online. 

I believe that the Chinese variant may have an S4 SoC and that the global unit will sport a Snapdragon 800 due to cost control in China. It may well be and under-clocked S800 to keep the battery life higher. It wouldn't make a high impact in performance because of the good OS/skin optimizations anyway. Only time will tell.

Best explanation I've seen so far online. 

Sounds plausible not to mention that every single leak so far has been from the chinese variant, I think. Anyway, hopefully htc can make an official announcement soon so I can decide who will be getting my money this time around.

• Like 2

Maybe instead of an s-pen, HTC might include a trunk monkey to do our bidding. Much better than a Siri button, too.

I think my favorite it the Samurai version.

The Trunk Monkey is my hero!  Here is my favorite...

• Like 2

Are we reading the same article? It says three different places that it is the S4 Pro.

At the end, it claims that the AnTuTu score is of a S600 and that this is probably the China model only. There is likely an international version that would be Snapdragon 800.

At the end, it claims that the AnTuTu score is of a S600 and that this is probably the China model only. There is likely an international version that would be Snapdragon 800.

I sure hope so. This fall has been rather disappointing with device releases.

I'm still interested. I think I'm willing to try something other than Samsung for my next daily driver.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Even if it isn't tri band?

Yes...but if it wasn't Triband on Sprint, I may get it on my Tmo, VZW or ATT lines.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Not to be the bringer of bad news twice concerning triband LTE for phablets, but it seems an HTC device headed for Sprint passed through the FCC. I'm unsure if its the HTC One Max, but it seems to run on Sprint's frequencies. The device specifically has 817.9 MHz to 823.1 MHz, which corresponds to Sprint's SMR holdings. Band Class 25 LTE is all that is included, in either 5 MHz or 10 MHz configurations. Along with that, we have CDMA on PCS and Cellular. 

Source: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=754006&fcc_id=NM80P4E100

• Like 1

Not to be the bringer of bad news twice concerning triband LTE for phablets, but it seems an HTC device headed for Sprint passed through the FCC. I'm unsure if its the HTC One Max, but it seems to run on Sprint's frequencies. The device specifically has 817.9 MHz to 823.1 MHz, which corresponds to Sprint's SMR holdings. Band Class 25 LTE is all that is included, in either 5 MHz or 10 MHz configurations. Along with that, we have CDMA on PCS and Cellular. 

Source: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=754006&fcc_id=NM80P4E100

Single-band HTC One Max? I wonder if this was the riot-inducing information AJ was alluding to...

• Like 1

I would expect this to be a different HTC device. While the dimensions are elusive in the FCC OET filing, this device does not seem to support 802.11ac, yet the HTC One does.

AJ

• Like 1