HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

I personally have found the combination of snapdragon 600 soc for the max and its release software to have been slightly buggy, which has lead to lag. But the current sense 6 update has alliviated some of that in my use so far. But I am hard on my devices so I can make most things crawl. But the rumor mill is already out of the HTC one max 2 look up HTC one max prime good preliminary specs if not somewhat unbelievable in the camera department.

I have noticed for the past couple of days running the new software that the radio baseband must have change with the sense 6 update. Its a lot more willing to drop down to 3g rather than simply handoff to the next tower.

I have noticed for the past couple of days running the new software that the radio baseband must have change with the sense 6 update. Its a lot more willing to drop down to 3g rather than simply handoff to the next tower.

That's funny cuz I was gonna say something about the same my phone seems to hug b26 a lot more since the update.... Hmmm curious. Lol

That's funny cuz I was gonna say something about the same my phone seems to hug b26 a lot more since the update.... Hmmm curious. Lol

When there is band26 it will handoff just fine but if coming from band25 it will hiccup before it will LTE scan again. But I've noticed about pretty decent band26 in my area in general but will unfortunately lock onto a congested band25 channel anyway!

In addition the auto brightness is set pretty high and is sucking the battery life down!

In addition the auto brightness is set pretty high and is sucking the battery life down!

I haven't noticed any extra battery drain. And mine seems to want b26 over even band 25 at home my b25 signal is about -100 while my b26 is about -90 in the same spot. B25 here is not congested at all and my phone still will hang on to band 26. Or when I'm actually on band25 it will switch during a data session to b26... I don't get this network optimization yet...

One thing that I have noticed after the update was that my GPS has gone to crap. I can barely use google navigation now, has anyone else noticed this.

Up until now I have loved this phone.

I couldn't comment on this until now. I unfortunately had to drive to the city today! So well mapping my way back up, definitely GPS was not working properly it put me in the river and put me on the other side of Manhattan so a definite bug has been introduced.

I couldn't comment on this until now. I unfortunately had to drive to the city today! So well mapping my way back up, definitely GPS was not working properly it put me in the river and put me on the other side of Manhattan so a definite bug has been introduced.

Well hopefully there will be another update to fix this, another problem I had before the update was connectivity with my bluetooth LG tones headset. I took it to the sprint store, and they didn't see a problem.

Well today got lost going tk a client in upstate NY.h ad to restart and reconnect. That seemed to help but I don't know if its incremental.

Well today got lost going tk a client in upstate NY.h ad to restart and reconnect. That seemed to help but I don't know if its incremental.

I went to support at htc.com today, and they had me clear the cache. I will see tonight if it helped any.

I went to support at htc.com today, and they had me clear the cache. I will see tonight if it helped any.

I had did thst but didn't restart so I am going to see what happens in the morning going to map my commute to work.

I had did thst but didn't restart so I am going to see what happens in the morning going to map my commute to work.

They had me go into the boot loader to do it.

On my way home from work I had no GPS issues.

Anyone have a HTC power flip case? I've read good and bad things about it but I might pick one up if I get a Max

Sent from my HTC One M8

I've had two to stop working...

Sent from my HTC One Max using Tapatalk

Edited by SprintHTC

Anyone have a HTC power flip case? I've read good and bad things about it but I might pick one up if I get a Max

Sent from my HTC One M8

I have the power flip case and all in all its probably one of the best cases you can get for any device.   It has that professional look and it has functionality as well.  The only thing for me though is that the powerflip case makes the max a little too heavy and cumbersome to handle comfortably.  This is of course is more of a personal thing being that the max is just a little to big for me in the first place.  The other major thing though was that after about a month and half of use, the case developed a short so it basically stopped working.  Since the battery is on the front of the case and the wiring runs through the hinge, maybe it shorted out after opening and closing the case countless times every day.  Not sure how many other people have experienced the same thing.

I have the power flip case and all in all its probably one of the best cases you can get for any device. It has that professional look and it has functionality as well. The only thing for me though is that the powerflip case makes the max a little too heavy and cumbersome to handle comfortably. This is of course is more of a personal thing being that the max is just a little to big for me in the first place. The other major thing though was that after about a month and half of use, the case developed a short so it basically stopped working. Since the battery is on the front of the case and the wiring runs through the hinge, maybe it shorted out after opening and closing the case countless times every day. Not sure how many other people have experienced the same thing.

That's exactly what happened to mine. I purchased it from Mazel Wireless, through Amazon.com. Within six weeks, it had shorted out and stopped working. They allowed me to exchange it for a replacement, which also shorted out in about six weeks. I requested another replacement, about two weeks ago, but they're still dragging their feet about issuing me an RMA...saying "We're waiting on our supplier (HTC, I assume) to get back with us about an exchange. I'm going to e-mail the representative again today. SMH...

Sent from my HTC One Max using Tapatalk

I can also chime in on the powerflip case situation. mine shorted out as well at about roughly 6 weeks. Which is to say there crap quality... A lost funds for that... When it did work it was great battery life.

Got my max and love it, a slight bit slower than my M8, other than that it's sweet. I'm gonna hold off on the power flip case due to the shorting issues :( really wanted one. Hopefully HTC will come out with a One Max T7

Sent from my HTC One M8

Got my max and love it, a slight bit slower than my M8, other than that it's sweet. I'm gonna hold off on the power flip case due to the shorting issues :( really wanted one. Hopefully HTC will come out with a One Max T7

Sent from my HTC One M8

yeah i loved it too... Sorry we had to be a kill joy lol. But we saved you! Since you have both the one max and one m8 how is the radio reception between the two devices in similar locations?

yeah i loved it too... Sorry we had to be a kill joy lol. But we saved you! Since you have both the one max and one m8 how is the radio reception between the two devices in similar locations?

Haven't activated the Max yet , just been setting up my stuff on it before I turn it on. It's not a kill joy, I'd rather ask and know that not know that's what makes this site awesome. A friend of mine has a Max and when we do compare they are close to each other, negligible to me. At least in my area they are. I can't say for full NV 1.0 or 2.0 areas.

Sent from my HTC One M8

For me personally the max and the m8 perform about the same when it comes to lte connectivity, which is a good thing.

• Like 1

http://m.gsmarena.com/htc_one_m8_prime_to_have_a_ceramic_body-news-8561.php

A ceramic body, and LTE speeds up to 300mbps. Carrier aggregation?

Edit: just found this article:

http://m.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8-prime-rumored-exotic-material-composition-faster-lte

Cat 6 LTE. Sweet.

Sent from my Nexus 5

For me personally the max and the m8 perform about the same when it comes to lte connectivity, which is a good thing.

I remember you writing that before and have noticed that compared to the nexus 5 on.15 and band 25 big difference performance wise. But when it comes to band 41, and 26 very similar characteristics. I've not been as satisfied with a phone this long since a good while. HTC has impressed with this round of 2013 devices of the One series.