HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

I am hating the new write to SD card permission settings in 4.4.2 other than that I am liking it so far. What I have noticed is that Google keyboard does not like this device!

Hey is anyone else having trouble with the tracking on Netflix sucking? 4g or WiFi doesn't matter Netflix is useless I have no problems with other video players like hulu and YouTube work just fine... I've tried reinstalling and force stopping irk what the issue is...

• 4 weeks later...

after the hangouts 2.1 update I've noticed that my phone is actually more quicker to respond and not as laggy. So all those issues that I was having previously with slow performance had something to do with a software interference from the hangouts app. I was wondering why but it's like night and day after the update.

I'm guessing I'm the only active user of the HTC one max on this forum :-( . I have lost the ability to go into landscape mode completely. I'm not sure if its a software or sensor issue though. Anyone experience this with long term use with other sense software devices?

I'm guessing I'm the only active user of the HTC one max on this forum :-( . I have lost the ability to go into landscape mode completely. I'm not sure if its a software or sensor issue though. Anyone experience this with long term use with other sense software devices?

Well my One Max isn't activated anymore but I still use it as a mini tablet when I don't feel like using my nexus 7. I haven't had any issues like what you been experiencing. Just do a hard reset and if it's still not working right then it's more than likely a hardware related issue.

Well my One Max isn't activated anymore but I still use it as a mini tablet when I don't feel like using my nexus 7. I haven't had any issues like what you been experiencing. Just do a hard reset and if it's still not working right then it's more than likely a hardware related issue.

I'm going to go with it being a software issue. It miraculously started working without me doing anything different. Beides closing some apps out of memory. Which is inconsistent, but I'll give it a pass for now! I'm sure it'll do it again.I'll have to figure what actions cause the freeze up. But, thanks for the reply.

I haven't had any issues putting my phone in landscape mode within youtube or any other apps. Most likely a software issue. 

I haven't had any issues putting my phone in landscape mode within youtube or any other apps. Most likely a software issue.

Thank you the issue fixed itself with a reboot again. As I had rebooted work fine for a moment then it got stuck again. But as I type this now its working fine :-)

Seems like in addition to wifi calling for the sprint HTC one max. There is a sense 6 update complete with extrememe power save added to the mix. Not stated in article possibly due to writer not having device! What a welcomed gift to start the day! http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/05/08/sprint-announces-htc-one-max-ota-software-update-enabling-wi-fi-calling/

Downloading now to confirm!

New boot screen shows powered by android!

Screenshot_2014-05-08-10-05-23.png

Screenshot_2014-05-08-10-40-40.png

Screenshot_2014-05-08-10-40-57.png

Edited by transitwatch889
  • Like 1

Seems like in addition to wifi calling for the sprint HTC one max. There is a sense 6 update complete with extrememe power save added to the mix. Not stated in article possibly due to writer not having device! What a welcomed gift to start the day! http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/05/08/sprint-announces-htc-one-max-ota-software-update-enabling-wi-fi-calling/

Downloading now to confirm!

New boot screen shows powered by android!

Great to see htc staying on top of their game, I will download this as soon as I get back to my max.

Great to see htc staying on top of their game, I will download this as soon as I get back to my max.

let me know if u have success in updating o WiFi calling. As it won't for me. Stays stating a network error after in press proceed.

WiFi calling works for me. I'm currently on a WiFi call while posting this

Sent from my HTC One Max using Tapatalk

you make me sad. Thanks! Lol

Either my device WiFi authencation is broken and has always been and this update made me aware of an issue that was present that i didn't know of. I wonder if I can replace it at this point for something like a software/hardware issue.

Unfortunately, WiFi calling won't work overseas. Of course not, greedy wireless companies want you to have to buy their ridiculous international calling package with outrageous per-minute pricing. Technically, it's POSSIBLE for this to work overseas, but Sprint made it so that you HAVE to have a CDMA signal for it to work. SMH...

Does this mean that now my Airave is pretty much useless?

let me know if u have success in updating o WiFi calling. As it won't for me. Stays stating a network error after in press proceed.

Well my Max is no longer activated but for the most part it has replaced my Nexus 7 as I now use it exclusively as a tablet.

Unfortunately, WiFi calling won't work overseas. Of course not, greedy wireless companies want you to have to buy their ridiculous international calling package with outrageous per-minute pricing. Technically, it's POSSIBLE for this to work overseas, but Sprint made it so that you HAVE to have a CDMA signal for it to work. SMH...

Does this mean that now my Airave is pretty much useless?

I thought the reason Sprint gave us WiFi calling was to have the ability to make a call where there was no cell service?

Does this mean that if we are out of cell system range, we can't use WiFi calling? That doesn't make sense.

If we have CDMA service why not just use that for a call?

• Like 1

I thought the reason Sprint gave us WiFi calling was to have the ability to make a call where there was no cell service?

Does this mean that if we are out of cell system range, we can't use WiFi calling? That doesn't make sense.

If we have CDMA service why not just use that for a call?

It was to have the ability to have service where there's WEAK cell service. Think about it:

1. This way, they ensure you're a Sprint customer with an active line, and you're not trying to make calls and send texts from a phone that's no longer in service.

2. As I said earlier, since you can't get a CDMA signal abroad, it allows them to sell you those arm-and-a-leg international calling and texting packages. SMH...

Edited by SprintHTC
  • Like 1

I finally got wifi calling working... Had to call sprint and get them to enable it to my account. I feel complete now!

• Like 1

How's the Max with sense 6? Thinking about getting a Max to try it trough a trade. Only real questions I have are any lag witch I dout there's any and battery is it a beast? My M8 lasts me trough the day 9am to 10pm when I get off work and usually have 15% left with 2 1/2 to 3 hours SOT. Thanks, I'm kinda hoping HTC makes a newer Max, with the usual upgrade stuff and hopefully a higher MP UP camera. Then I'd be set. Again thanks guys.

Sent from my HTC One M8

• Like 1

It's great!! You can change fonts system wide. I just wish there was a way to download additional themes, or easily customize your own without rooting or complex file editing. The four included themes are very limited.