Network Vision/LTE - Dakotas Market (including Fargo, Grand Forks, Alexandria MN)

mozamcrew

Folks, please comply with the rules. If you have any issues, please either contact Sprint. If you have any issues with the site, contact one of the moderators directly.

Members who report posts are appreciated.

• Like 1

I don't have time for games.  You want to mess with me openly in my forums, I will just ban you.  I don't have time to play back and forth and prove points and impress people.  I will just send you packing.  S4GRU is not for everyone, and those people should just go now.

Robert

• Like 2

Feel like I missed a deleted post, which although saving me from ignorance kinda bums me out.

Yeah I've seen cable work around town, and talked with a gentleman for a cabling company stating sprints been paying his bills so to speak this summer. Hopefully the waits almost over.

I've been driving past the S Uni Essentia daily, but apart from the initial cable lay down the alley I haven't seen any activity. I never saw any activity where they went under the alley to the building, so as far as I can tell, the line is just sitting there waiting for the last 10 feet to get to the building, then the 75 or so feet up the side of the building and into the cabinets.

Nice! I was thinking something might be happening. My phone dropped all signal while sitting at Granite City last night. Then when it picked up again it showed LTE briefly then switched to 3G...did so a few times. I thought maybe it was a fluke or normal to do that since my phone is new and I'm not totally familiar with it yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I couldn't get my phone to use the signal but it is definitely being broadcast. Here are a couple screenshots of my LTE Engineering screen while in the Home Depot parking lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I couldn't get my phone to use the signal but it is definitely being broadcast. Here are a couple screenshots of my LTE Engineering screen while in the Home Depot parking lot.

Band 50 is the error screen. Means no connection. But the other looks like a genuine LTE connection! Looks good! Hope it allows you to actually use it soon.

Anyone know if we can expect the handoff issues and lack of LTE for tri-band phones in this area? Apparently there are some major issues with LTE/eCSFB at this point in many areas....none of the new phones launched last week, including my Nexus 5, can connect to LTE. I also drop 3G every few minutes.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

Hmm, too bad you can't manually select the band your phone connects to on lte

I can, and do, just have one LTE band enabled, unfortunately it doesn't address the problem. The issue is there is one radio for CDMA/EVDO/LTE. It can only do one at a time and requires different network hardware to handoff properly between bands.

I'm hoping they were just testing the past few days and not finished with the installation and configuration of that particular LTE tower. They might as well do it right the first time instead of coming back again for yet another upgrade for compatibility with new and future handsets.

Anyone know if we can expect the handoff issues and lack of LTE for tri-band phones in this area? Apparently there are some major issues with LTE/eCSFB at this point in many areas....none of the new phones launched last week, including my Nexus 5, can connect to LTE. I also drop 3G every few minutes.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

The majority of sites are already 3G accepted, and since Samsung is now well aware of the issue, I don't think they are letting any LTE sites go live without eCSFB ready to go.

I figured this much but got anxious when I started reading that there are many problems with this all over the US.

On a side note, there were 4 trucks (black service style pickups) and several people at the tower on Main in WF today. They had a large spool of something so I'm guessing that site is well under way as well. Yay!

Picked up an LTE signal for the first time today. Want very strong, but it was definitely faster than 3g. Must have picked up the tower north of town for a bit, instead of the one closer to me. Back on the closer tower now though, which is still 3g.

Picked up an LTE signal for the first time today. Want very strong, but it was definitely faster than 3g. Must have picked up the tower north of town for a bit, instead of the one closer to me. Back on the closer tower now though, which is still 3g.

With a device like the One (SVLTE) it's possible for your LTE to be coming from one tower while your 3G is coming from another.

With a device like the One (SVLTE) it's possible for your LTE to be coming from one tower while your 3G is coming from another.

I knew I could pick up voice and data from separate towers at the same time, but I thought if I'm getting LTE that my 3g would essentially be turned off...?

I knew I could pick up voice and data from separate towers at the same time, but I thought if I'm getting LTE that my 3g would essentially be turned off...?

No, only on the newer tri-band phones as detailed in the current front-page article.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on I-94 from Alexandria on my way to St. Cloud, and I had LTE just east of Alexandria. Also on my way back I went through Osakis and the south-east side of the town has LTE. That is exciting to see it coming closer  :D  I was on a LG G2 and had a solid connection for the most part. It is looking up.