Network Vision/LTE - Dakotas Market (including Fargo, Grand Forks, Alexandria MN)

mozamcrew

Yes I believe so, also I seen signal down south 42nd St and i94. Grabbed screenshots of signal check. And if I'm reading the app correctly it looks like there's a second carrier already.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yes I believe so, also I seen signal down south 42nd St and i94. Grabbed screenshots of signal check. And if I'm reading the app correctly it looks like there's a second carrier already.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Well the one in Moorhead had two carriers the other week. I'm assuming they all will get two carriers at this point when they roll band 41 to a site.

• 1 year later...

Okay, so I am coming here with this as I see that Rapid City SD is talked about here. I am getting rumblings of Sprint coming here. I highly doubt it as they just seem to be hanging on until whatever might happen with whoever takes place, if you get my drift. Robert, do you know anything? I have had 2 people contact me in the past 3 days regarding this as they know I am a T-Mobile whore, which I partially blame on you. hahahahahahaha Any information you or anyone on this board may have would be most helpful. 

Okay, so I am coming here with this as I see that Rapid City SD is talked about here. I am getting rumblings of Sprint coming here. I highly doubt it as they just seem to be hanging on until whatever might happen with whoever takes place, if you get my drift. Robert, do you know anything? I have had 2 people contact me in the past 3 days regarding this as they know I am a T-Mobile whore, which I partially blame on you. hahahahahahaha Any information you or anyone on this board may have would be most helpful. 

TBD...  ;)

Maybe in 2027.

Inserts major sarcasm*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well, we also are witnessing some *rumblings*. However, until I see permits filed I will remain skeptical of Sprint doing more than their unusable Substantial Service sites around Rapid.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 2

Well, we also are witnessing some *rumblings*. However, until I see permits filed I will remain skeptical of Sprint doing more than their unusable Substantial Service sites around Rapid.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

I'm just curious but what other rumblings have you heard besides bringing coverage to Rapid City SD ? Any type of rumblings for Montana or any northern states ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

Just got this in Hartford South Dakota.

Center frequency 1939.4 MHz so upper part of A block. The entirety of the PCS A block 1930-1945 is owned by Sprint.

Shown on the interactive maps.. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lilotimz said:

Center frequency 1939.4 MHz so upper part of A block. The entirety of the PCS A block 1930-1945 is owned by Sprint.

Shown on the interactive maps.. :)

Is this from Swiftel or a new Sprint site?

Center frequency 1939.4 MHz so upper part of A block. The entirety of the PCS A block 1930-1945 is owned by Sprint. Shown on the interactive maps.. [emoji4]

Is this from Swiftel or a new Sprint site?

I wasn't sure if this had been reported or not. Now if only Sprint had the rest of i90 covered. I'm using att hotspot to get internet access. 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not Swiftel.  It's not in their market.  You can tell by the Cascade ID.  It would have BK in place of XC or XD.  And for those wondering, BK stands for Brookings.  As in Brookings Municipal Utilities.  The legal owner of Swiftel is the City of Brookings.  Swiftel is just a brand name that use to for their communications networks.  It really is a City Utility that formed a Sprint affiliate.  If Swiftel were a private company it probably would have been purchased by Sprint long ago.

Two 5MHz channels. That's odd.
I wonder if it's Just a protected site? It's very slow and Speedtest don't work

Weird stuff there in Rapid City.  Sprint has enough EBS spectrum to run a few 20MHz channels there.  I'm not sure why they are doing 5MHz channels.  Additionally, I see B25 channels in the Neighbor List.  Which, based on the PCI numbers, these are from the Golden West Wireless sites that are broadcasting B25 G block.

Of interesting note...the SCP B41 connection shown on PCI 6 is not the Rapid City Protection Site.  It is the Downtown Rapid City Golden West site on the roof of a 9 story office tower, north facing sector.  So this is the first evidence we have seen that the Golden West sites in Rapid City that host Sprint frequencies have deployed B41 also.  The Neighbor List also says it shows the Golden West site in NW Rapid City near Deadwood and I-90 and the Golden West Site in South Rapid City near Skyline and US 16.  Where Tengen31 was at when he tok that screenshot, it did not see the Rapid City Protection Site in the Neighbor List.

Furthermore, even more interesting, the screen shot of the Engineering Screen shows PCI 450.  Which IS THE RAPID CITY PROTECTION SITE.  This is the same PCI reported to me when B41 went live in the Protection Site a few months ago.  He was standing right beneath the tower at that time.  So Tengen31 was connected to the Protection Site when that screen shot was taken.

Another interesting note...Golden West Wireless controls most of the BRS spectrum in Rapid City.  Since Sprint and GWW have a contract already, it seems like they could work out something for 20MHz channels in BRS if they couldn't do it in EBS.  The 5MHz channels are a huge mystery to me.

@Tengen31, do you know exactly where you were in Rapid when you took each of those screenshots?  Additionally, any chance you can run CellMapper and Sensorly while you are in Rapid, if you're still there? :fingers:

Robert

Weird stuff there in Rapid City.  Sprint has enough EBS spectrum to run a few 20MHz channels there.  I'm not sure why they are doing 5MHz channels.  Additionally, I see B25 channels in the Neighbor List.  Which, based on the PCI numbers, these are from the Golden West Wireless sites that are broadcasting B25 G block.

Of interesting note...the SCP B41 connection shown on PCI 6 is not the Rapid City Protection Site.  It is the Downtown Rapid City Golden West site on the roof of a 9 story office tower, north facing sector.  So this is the first evidence we have seen that the Golden West sites in Rapid City that host Sprint frequencies have deployed B41 also.  The Neighbor List also says it shows the Golden West site in NW Rapid City near Deadwood and I-90 and the Golden West Site in South Rapid City near Skyline and US 16.  Where Tengen31 was at when he tok that screenshot, it did not see the Rapid City Protection Site in the Neighbor List.

Furthermore, even more interesting, the screen shot of the Engineering Screen shows PCI 450.  Which IS THE RAPID CITY PROTECTION SITE.  This is the same PCI reported to me when B41 went live in the Protection Site a few months ago.  He was standing right beneath the tower at that time.  So Tengen31 was connected to the Protection Site when that screen shot was taken.

Another interesting note...Golden West Wireless controls most of the BRS spectrum in Rapid City.  Since Sprint and GWW have a contract already, it seems like they could work out something for 20MHz channels in BRS if they couldn't do it in EBS.  The 5MHz channels are a huge mystery to me.

[mention=37142]Tengen31[/mention], do you know exactly where you were in Rapid when you took each of those screenshots?  Additionally, any chance you can run CellMapper and Sensorly while you are in Rapid, if you're still there? default_fingers.gif

Robert

One spot is near the Rushmore mall. I90 is also got it. I have not seen the G block tho

Shown on the interactive maps.. [emoji4]

Hey Tim I just got thru the MN SD border so on the MN side I'm back to this. In this part does Sprint have enough A Block spectrum for 10x10 carrier while still having enough for CDMA?ae620807624b6295b60dca319422b7ee.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2018 at 8:54 PM, S4GRU said:

Not Swiftel.  It's not in their market.  You can tell by the Cascade ID.  It would have BK in place of XC or XD.  And for those wondering, BK stands for Brookings.  As in Brookings Municipal Utilities.  The legal owner of Swiftel is the City of Brookings.  Swiftel is just a brand name that use to for their communications networks.  It really is a City Utility that formed a Sprint affiliate.  If Swiftel were a private company it probably would have been purchased by Sprint long ago.

Hello Robert. Getting to this post EXTREMELY LATE. Found a Golden West/Sprint permit back in June for the site on Skyline Drive. It's titled SPRINT PROJECT RURAL LICENSE PROTECTION. It shows 800mhz and 1900mhz going on that site. Also, if you have a phone with BAND 25/26 and you search Networks, Sprint is now showing up as an option. I applied for a SPRINT account but had to call in for additional info. They want me to come in with 2 forms of ID to prove my identity. Hmmm, a bit difficult. May head to Cheyenne as many T-Mo sites are not yet mapped. Will advise when I do and will do some tracking here. My other tracking is ramping up exponentially as they are finally fixing their mistake. Posting in other forum on that. Hope all is well. Take care.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2018 at 7:48 PM, brockeb1 said:

Hello Robert. Getting to this post EXTREMELY LATE. Found a Golden West/Sprint permit back in June for the site on Skyline Drive. It's titled SPRINT PROJECT RURAL LICENSE PROTECTION. It shows 800mhz and 1900mhz going on that site. Also, if you have a phone with BAND 25/26 and you search Networks, Sprint is now showing up as an option. I applied for a SPRINT account but had to call in for additional info. They want me to come in with 2 forms of ID to prove my identity. Hmmm, a bit difficult. May head to Cheyenne as many T-Mo sites are not yet mapped. Will advise when I do and will do some tracking here. My other tracking is ramping up exponentially as they are finally fixing their mistake. Posting in other forum on that. Hope all is well. Take care.

Exciting update!  Thanks for the info.  Keep us posted.  If Sprint doesn't work out, you can get a Google Fi account, and then force it on to Sprint network with a dialer code.

Robert

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 5/28/2018 at 10:38 PM, S4GRU said:

@Tengen31, do you know exactly where you were in Rapid when you took each of those screenshots?  Additionally, any chance you can run CellMapper and Sensorly while you are in Rapid, if you're still there? :fingers:

Robert

I get 5x5 (sometimes 10x5 with downlink CA) here in Grand Forks even though Sprint owns 20x20 of band 25 here. Not sure why they aren't deploying 15x15 band 25 and 5x5 for CDMA. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad The Beast said:

I get 5x5 (sometimes 10x5 with downlink CA) here in Grand Forks even though Sprint owns 20x20 of band 25 here. Not sure why they aren't deploying 15x15 band 25 and 5x5 for CDMA. 

Sprint's spectrum holdings aren't contiguous. They own a 15x15 chunk in the PCS A block and the PCS G block. Since the G block cannot be used for CDMA they have 5x5 LTE live there, 10x10 LTE live in the A block and 5x5 worth of CDMA online in the A block. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Sprint's spectrum holdings aren't contiguous. They own a 15x15 chunk in the PCS A block and the PCS G block. Since the G block cannot be used for CDMA they have 5x5 LTE live there, 10x10 LTE live in the A block and 5x5 worth of CDMA online in the A block. 

Why can't they use the G block for CDMA?

• Like 1