IP BOARD UPGRADE NOTICE...site to temporarily lose customization

S4GRU

Attention S4GRU Members:

This Friday, May 17th, S4GRU.com will be offline for approximately 30 minutes while IP Board upgrades us to the newest version on our servers. The exact time is not known, but will be as late in the afternoon as they can schedule it.

Please be advised that after the servers reboot and changes take effect, we will likely lose ALL of the site's customizations. There will likely be no logos, no S4GRU yellow colors. We will probably revert to the standard blue/white IP Board skin.

I selected a Friday for the upgrade, so I can have the weekend to discover all the bugs and work through them. You will notice some variations to the site post upgrade, even beyond colors and logos.

My first priority will be to return the logo, colors and PayPal donation button. The rest I will work back in as I have time over the weekend.

I apologize for the inconvenience now. Thank you for your cooperation.

Robert

• Like 10

Logo, colors, PayPal donation button, AND Nextel iDen Shutdown countdown clock. ;)

• Like 3

are you going to dive into the CSS and correct the colors between the logo and the background menus?

I don't have any clue how to CSS. I can just do HTML. I use IP Board Visual Editor for skin customization.

Robert

I was just thinking we may lose the Forum Runner and Tapatalk extensions too. They may lose functionality after the upgrade. So be prepared for that, and I will try to bring it back online as soon as possible.

Robert

I was just thinking we may lose the Forum Runner and Tapatalk extensions too. They may lose functionality after the upgrade. So be prepared for that, and I will try to bring it back online as soon as possible.

Robert

Uh oh, that doesn't sound too good.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Robert

That would be a tragedy!

I should be in the office when it occurs, so I should be able to get right on the issues.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Just bumping the thread to remind everyone that S4GRU will be down at some point this afternoon and there will be some disruptions when it comes back online. See the OP for details.

Robert

It's happening this morning, in the next few minutes. Brace ya'selves!!!

If you just got back in, please note it may go back down again. Make sure if you are typing a post, you COPY it before hitting submit in case you lose it.

Robert

OK everyone, we're back online now.  THE UPGRADE IS COMPLETE!  I'm working to restore all functionality.  If you see something that is not working, please post below.  I already know that the iDEN Countdown clock and PayPal donate are not there.  As well as there are two Forum/Member tabs up top.  I'm working on those now.

Robert

• Like 1

I don't have any clue how to CSS. I can just do HTML. I use IP Board Visual Editor for skin customization.

Robert

Search f8d303 and replace with f5d008. These are basic color codes, and what were doing is matching the header background color with the background color from the logo.

Untitled-2.jpg

Cool! I see that we have a mobile version now!

We always did.  ;)

Robert

Search f8d303 and replace with f5d008. These are basic color codes, and what were doing is matching the header background color with the background color from the logo.

On my monitors they look exactly the same.  I'll see about fixing that for your sanity.  :)

Robert

Oh, I thought you had to use a different program to do that before, lol. It just came up automatically for me this time.

Yeah, it comes up the first time.  If you select Full Version, it will not come up again unless you clear your cache.

Robert

I've also noticed some Tapatalk bugs.  I'm going to reinstall the Tapatalk extensions and see if that takes care of the problem.

Robert

• Like 1

On my monitors they look exactly the same. I'll see about fixing that for your sanity. :)

Robert

Is there anything new with this version, or just general system improvements?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I've also noticed some Tapatalk bugs. I'm going to reinstall the Tapatalk extensions and see if that takes care of the problem.

Robert

I've noticed that too. It's not loading properly on there.