jeremyandrew

Ever wonder what's inside one of those big cellular "panel" antennas?

It'd be awesome to take a look inside an RRU as well.

Other than having the fiber and power access covers off, I haven't opened an RRU. They are all under warranty and Samsung has multiple seals on every radio.

Frikken sweet.

In reference to the 6 pole, dual band antenna in post #21:

Is the only difference between the 800 and 1900 sections the size of those stacked "X" elements?

What do the "T" shaped elements do?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• I don't even know where to start. Price is immaterial at this point. You can own 99 percent of all the shares in a company and if those shares are nonvoting you have no say in how the company runs. As I have been saying forever the issue was never about price it was about the shares being voting or nonvoting. The Reuters article confirms that was and remains the issue. What has changed is that there are several clocks are now ticking and time is not on Tmobile's side. This is why talks are occurring again. Either Son believes he now has a better advantage or Tmobile realizes that they don't have the spectrum or the physical network to really make a run of 5G.

Remember only Sprint is talking about a mobile 5G network. The other 3 are talking about hotspots and Fixed wireless 5G. The public in general doesn't understand this. This also realigns the market. For 5G At&t and Verizon will be competing in the marketplace with wireline operators. Notice that as those two have been selling off wireline assets, they have been selling them to companies like Frontier, who couldn't ever compete with fixed wireless 5G. Tmobile would also be entering this same market and they are missing one huge advantage all three of the others have. Tier one internet backbones. They also don't have the spectrum to build a 5G mobile network.

Stop and think about the position that leaves Tmobile in. Reliant on one side on the same companies they are competing against. And unable to provide actual 5G speeds in the mobile market.

They would have to be stoned or stupid not to give Son the one thing he asked for. Voting rights.

So is price the issue? No. It is an all stock deal and it doesn't matter what exchange price is set if the stock awarded is nonvoting. He would have to have faith in the germans to run the company properly or say goodbye to all of the money spent into Sprint.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Didn't Sprint use a small part of their spectrum licenses for a leaseback deal? I believe the last reports had 14% of their spectrum being leased back to them, but that number could have grown since then due to Sprint's desire to raise money. I'm don't know if this impacted Softbank's negotiating leverage, but I'm sure it was brought up.
    • Son not gonna give up that treasure trove of 2.5 spectrum for cheap, $12 per share minimum.  Gonna love my May 2018 calls!  Cha-ching! 
    • PRLs do not affect LTE connectivity — they are only for CDMA. What you are observing must be a coincidence. As Sprint and Open Mobile are still integrating their networks, Band 13 will probably come and go quite a few more times before you’ll be able to properly connect to it.  It’s hard to say. Although I may be wrong, I think that if the merger does goes through (which it may or may not), it will go through everywhere. 
    • Update: Did a PRL update (55069) and sightings of B13 using Signal Check Pro are less frequent know in my area. Before this latest PRL, I was able to see between 2-3 B13 signals everyday for the entire time that I had the app open but not anymore. There is a B13 in my area at -98 dBm that's constantly disappearing from Signal Check Pro. As for roaming charges when I was using Open Mobile, there are none and the roaming data allotment stills at zero. Two question for thought... If Sprint and T-Mobile merge, what could be the implications for PRWireless in Puerto Rico (Joint company between Sprint and Open Mobile)? Would the DOJ step in to prevent a 3 carrier merge in PR? Or would it go thru making a super telecom company in PR? Or maybe the DOJ allows the merge in the USA but not in PR... Lastly, could the rollout of Sprint VoLTE be affected in PR do to Open Mobile's equipment?