3.16 RUU yet ?

ryry4ya

• 2 weeks later...
I took a look around xda but could not find anything. Hopefully one will surface.
.... I believe this is the longest time we'd ever hade to wait for a R.U.U.

Sent from S4GRU Mobile

• 2 weeks later...

your telling me, i just bricked my evo lte and have no idea how to get it back. it powers on, goes to bootloader, and i can get into the twrp bootloader but thats it. nothing loads

Can you manually put a new ROM on to your SD card and flash that via TWRP?

Also, are you S-OFF? If so there is a decrypted 3.15 RUU zip somewhere on XDA. All you need to do is download that and rename it to PJ75IMG.zip and put it on to your SD card. Then boot back into bootloader and run that update.

Can you manually put a new ROM on to your SD card and flash that via TWRP?

Also, are you S-OFF? If so there is a decrypted 3.15 RUU zip somewhere on XDA. All you need to do is download that and rename it to PJ75IMG.zip and put it on to your SD card. Then boot back into bootloader and run that update.

I was able to fix it by installing either meanbean or stock plus goodies. I am using stock plus goodies and like it so far. I am currently S-ON, though I want to figure how to turn it off so i can flash the 3.15 RUU when the next OTA is released to 4.2.2. I put the ROMs on my SD while on the TWRP menu by mounting storage, then just leaded installed through that. Originally I was trying to put the closest ROM to 4.2.2(nexus 4) but that is when I bricked it. After this week I will play with it to get S-OFF and flash a few ROMs before going back to 3.15 and OTAing to 3.16.

P.S. there are still issues with navigation even when rooted.

I was able to fix it by installing either meanbean or stock plus goodies. I am using stock plus goodies and like it so far. I am currently S-ON, though I want to figure how to turn it off so i can flash the 3.15 RUU when the next OTA is released to 4.2.2. I put the ROMs on my SD while on the TWRP menu by mounting storage, then just leaded installed through that. Originally I was trying to put the closest ROM to 4.2.2(nexus 4) but that is when I bricked it. After this week I will play with it to get S-OFF and flash a few ROMs before going back to 3.15 and OTAing to 3.16.

I'd be careful, I've bricked my EVO LTE twice and it was a massive pain getting it back together! If you're going back to stock, and unroot, a piece of advice, remove twrp and flash over the stock recovery. It caused me many headaches having TWRP, and trying to get back to stock. Good Luck!

-Luis

• Like 1

I'd be careful, I've bricked my EVO LTE twice and it was a massive pain getting it back together! If you're going back to stock, and unroot, a piece of advice, remove twrp and flash over the stock recovery. It caused me many headaches having TWRP, and trying to get back to stock. Good Luck!

-Luis

I am very new at rooting, as of now I would not even know where to begin to remove TWRP. For the time being I am just leaving it the way it is. After this semester I will try recovery and I will keep you guys informed of my trial and errors haha. Thanks for the advice and tips. Good thing I am eligible to upgrade in the case I brick it and cannot figure it out.

I am very new at rooting, as of now I would not even know where to begin to remove TWRP. For the time being I am just leaving it the way it is. After this semester I will try recovery and I will keep you guys informed of my trial and errors haha. Thanks for the advice and tips. Good thing I am eligible to upgrade in the case I brick it and cannot figure it out.

To remove TWRP, you have to find the Stock Recovery and ROM for the EVO LTE. I can't really find the one that I found to fix my EVO LTE, unfortunately it took me a good hour or so to actually find all the files, and even then it was a bit of a process. Try going through XDA, that's where I found it last time.

-Luis

To remove TWRP, you have to find the Stock Recovery and ROM for the EVO LTE. I can't really find the one that I found to fix my EVO LTE, unfortunately it took me a good hour or so to actually find all the files, and even then it was a bit of a process. Try going through XDA, that's where I found it last time.

-Luis

From my understanding and research, it is possible to turn s-off and then just load the 3.15 RUU. Some users report it turns everything to stock, turns s-on, and says "locked" and not "relocked" in the stock bootloader. Is this true? I was planning on using that route if true.

JN

From my understanding and research, it is possible to turn s-off and then just load the 3.15 RUU. Some users report it turns everything to stock, turns s-on, and says "locked" and not "relocked" in the stock bootloader. Is this true? I was planning on using that route if true. JN

it's possible. I never managed to get s-off so I had to flash everything manually.

-Luis

Back when i had Evo LTE up until March, i was one of the few who updated and unfortunately got stuck to s-on for a longer period of time

then this came along called DirtyRacun, same team that got s-off using Panda

here is direct link for DirtyRacun, read instructions, make sure u have the right system before trying, so like i said read instructions :)

http://unlimited.io/jewel.htm

*Edit= I noticed they removed windows 7 and 32bit system requirements and you must have Ubuntu 12.04 (and newer) 32bit

[so basically you have to make a livecd of Ubuntu 12.04 32bit]

here is another option that was under original android development on EVO LTE on xda

[s-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Evo 4g LTE

(but looks harder than dirtyracun) 

or better advice move on from this phone since its known for poor radio/signal performance... the new HTC One is awesome or try something new like a S3, S4, or Note 2, all of these are great phones and in my opinion better than my old Evo LTE...,hope this helps

• Like 1

Back when i had Evo LTE up until March, i was one of the few who updated and unfortunately got stuck to s-on for a longer period of timethen this came along called DirtyRacun, same team that got s-off using Panda here is direct link for DirtyRacun, read instructions, make sure u have the right system before trying, so like i said read instructions :) http://unlimited.io/jewel.htm *Edit= I noticed they removed windows 7 and 32bit system requirements and you must have Ubuntu 12.04 (and newer) 32bit[so basically you have to make a livecd of Ubuntu 12.04 32bit]  here is another option that was under original android development on EVO LTE on xda[s-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Evo 4g LTE(but looks harder than dirtyracun)  or better advice move on from this phone since its known for poor radio/signal performance... the new HTC One is awesome or try something new like a S3, S4, or Note 2, all of these are great phones and in my opinion better than my old Evo LTE...,hope this helps

Yes I came across dirtyracoon, unfortunately I don't have ubuntu.

Honestly, I love my evo. I would get the one but the soft button arrangement bugs me since the home is not in the middle.(yes I'm being picky) Also, I honestly think I would not use blinkfeed despite all the good reviews about it. Reviews have said the s4 has too many features, for me I would not use most of them. I have read that all the features take up a lot of storage space since you cannot move apps over to the SD storage. If I had my way I would get the s4 Google addition :-) ...darn gsm only. If I go the note route then I will wait for the note 3, hopefully it will be octo core :-P All this is just my open opinion, both are great phones. I am in no way putting the phones down.