HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

Sooo the HTC One box at Sprint shows a ton more freq than what it went through FCC testing for.... Wtf... Was pretty dang sure they weren't allowed to advertise bands the phone wasn't certified to use... Even if its SIM locked...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

And this is why I will never buy a phone on launch day again. Stuff like this just worries me. Hopefully someone else can do a comparison like you have between a couple devices.

Meh, what we really need is to have rf tests performed in a controlled environment because everything that previous poster said in his comparison is the total opposite of my own personal comparisons.

• Like 2

not sure. guessing just pcs.

I compared EVO to one and LTE signal is about the same.

Say it ain't so!

Now what phone am I going to get? I swore to myself I wouldn't buy another phone with the same problem as the EVO......very very disappointed.

Say it ain't so!

Now what phone am I going to get? I swore to myself I wouldn't buy another phone with the same problem as the EVO......very very disappointed.

Well we have good reports and bad reports.. Hmm...

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

Well we have good reports and bad reports.. Hmm...

Yeah.... Can anybody show us the RSRP (dBm) values of the one compared to a GS3, EVO and Note w2? I desperately need to know!

Meh, what we really need is to have rf tests performed in a controlled environment because everything that previous poster said in his comparison is the total opposite of my own personal comparisons.

I think mine were hardware version 3. What is yours? Maybe a bad batch?

Yeah.... Can anybody show us the RSRP (dBm) values of the one compared to a GS3, EVO and Note w2? I desperately need to know!

When I was at the Sprint store on friday the One on display showed on average better rsrp values compared to the gs3 and the evo, I didn't look at the note 2.

Just like in speed tests and cpu tests I can care less about numbers. I want to see some real world drive tests or go in a building with both phones with very fringe signal.

I don't trust that the numbers are exact between each phone and anyways the numbers on those screens are really half the signal numbers.

• Like 1

I think mine were hardware version 3. What is yours? Maybe a bad batch?

Weird, both mine and my girls One say its version 4. I wonder what the difference could be?

I'll be testing my One, an EVO LTE and a GS3 side by side this weekend.

I do notice fluctuations in RSRP going up and down. Not sure if that's attributed to the dual antenna system switching back and forth or what.

My One is hardware version 0004 for what it's worth.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Weird, both mine and my girls One say its version 4. I wonder what the difference could be?

Idk but all I know is when I held it thats when the signal degraded. I was bashed and called a liar on Android Centrals forums for bringing this up on launch day. Now today a couple of people on Android Central posted the same issue I was having.

Just like in speed tests and cpu tests I can care less about numbers. I want to see some real world drive tests or go in a building with both phones with very fringe signal.

I don't trust that the numbers are exact between each phone and anyways the numbers on those screens are really half the signal numbers.

Exactly, thats what I did the other day when I first got the phone. I went to known places where I know my evo would always drop to 3g(Carrabbas, home depot, publix) and my one maintained lte the whole time while my evo was still on 3g. The evo switched back to 4g once I stepped outside in all cases.

Exactly, thats what I did the other day when I first got the phone. I went to known places where I know my evo would always drop to 3g(Carrabbas, home depot, publix) and my one maintained lte the whole time while my evo was still on 3g. The evo switched back to 4g once I stepped outside in all cases.

I guess I should have explained. Compared to a S3, Note2, or Optimus G as we know the EVO LTE is a dog for LTE and even CDMA for that matter.

I do notice fluctuations in RSRP going up and down. Not sure if that's attributed to the dual antenna system switching back and forth or what.

You Rock!

Take pics of the results if you can

My One arrived this afternoon. I did some side by side RSRP comparisons with my EVO LTE. Idle signal strength is not substantially different. Sometimes, the One has higher RSRP, sometimes the EVO LTE does. On the average, though, the One seems to idle 2-3 dB higher than the EVO LTE does. The One is head and shoulders better than the EVO LTE, however, in acquiring and holding LTE.

AJ

• Like 2

I will be as well (unsure of my hardware version at the moment)

My One arrived this afternoon. I did some side by side RSRP comparisons with my EVO LTE. Idle signal strength is not substantially different. Sometimes, the One has higher RSRP, sometimes the EVO LTE does. On the average, though, the One seems to idle 2-3 dB higher than the EVO LTE does. The One is head and shoulders better than the EVO LTE, however, in acquiring and holding LTE.

AJ

Can you test it gripping it? I use my left alot to hold my phones.

AJ

I'm seeing this as well on mine. When I had my EVO activated sitting on my couch, it would sit between -100 and -103. With my One, it will hang around -104 -105, then go to about -97 for a little bit then back up.

I'm seeing this as well on mine. When I had my EVO activated sitting on my couch, it would sit between -100 and -103. With my One, it will hang around -104 -105, then go to about -97 for a little bit then back up.

So what your saying is..... based off RSRP values the One gets worse LTE reception than the EVO?

So what your saying is..... based off RSRP values the One gets worse LTE reception than the EVO?

Keep in mind that the evo's issue wasn't bad rsrp values per say, it was the fact that it couldn't maintain an lte connection at values other phones could.

That is just an example of the One idling versus the Evo. A good real world test I've done so far is how my One will hold LTE while going into a huge metal building everybody calls Walmart. I was able to make it to the very back and the One held on to the fringe LTE signal and then finally dropped back to EVDO. I could barely make it pass the registers with my EVO LTE.

• Like 1

That is just an example of the One idling versus the Evo. A good real world test I've done so far is how my One will hold LTE while going into a huge metal building everybody calls Walmart. I was able to make it to the very back and the One held on to the fringe LTE signal and then finally dropped back to EVDO. I could barely make it pass the registers with my EVO LTE.

Sounds like a comparison between an S3 and EVO LTE. Sounds like HTC got this one up to the level of the Samsung devices. Good deal!

How's the bootloader and rooting deal? Easy? Crazy like the evo lte got?

I got the one from HTC, the dip flip. I'm looking to see if any other ones out there seems nice. I'm liking the Dip Flip though. There are many bumper cases in amazon, for $10 or less.

Now if you're looking for protection then otterbox is your best bet.

-Luis

Thanks for the help guys. Ordered an HTC cover from Sprint today.