HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

OMG yes.. I had to uninstall it because it was crashing the whole phone! 

If it wouldn't be any trouble, could you help me troubleshoot the problem so I can get it fixed?  Did this just happen on the very last update?

If it wouldn't be any trouble, could you help me troubleshoot the problem so I can get it fixed?  Did this just happen on the very last update?

Of the phone or the app? It has been acting weird but this last update has made it unusable.

It was very slow to respond and would take a long time to even open. Then when it did i would try to press the reset button and it would act like i did nothing. So i would get frustrated and try to close it and it would just hang.  

My sister has been having trouble finding the panorama camera setting after the last update to kit kat on her HTC One M7. Was the panaorama capability removed, or just moved to a different setting? She lives in CA and I'm in NY so I can't look through her phone to figure it out, any help would be appreciated.

My sister has been having trouble finding the panorama camera setting after the last update to kit kat on her HTC One M7. Was the panaorama capability removed, or just moved to a different setting? She lives in CA and I'm in NY so I can't look through her phone to figure it out, any help would be appreciated.

tap the 3 dots in the upper left of the camera, then tap the first option (above the ISO settings, it probably says "Auto"), and that's how you change the camera modes now.  Panorama is the one below HDR, looks like a rectangle with the left 1/3 filled in.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised no one in here has mentioned the issue with the Smith - expired! message that appears on power-up. My wife and sister have One's and both display it on power up. If you don't disable it, then incoming calls/texts do not go through. Sprint still seems clueless on a fix, and it's been happening since the end of July, per their website.

I'm surprised no one in here has mentioned the issue with the Smith - expired! message that appears on power-up. My wife and sister have One's and both display it on power up. If you don't disable it, then incoming calls/texts do not go through. Sprint still seems clueless on a fix, and it's been happening since the end of July, per their website.

It does? It hasn't done that to me. Lately i have been getting the SIM card not inserted BS.. 

This happens to my sisters HTC one. I've been trying to get her to perform a factory reset to see if it fixes it.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

This happens to my sisters HTC one. I've been trying to get her to perform a factory reset to see if it fixes it.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Factory reset won't fix the issue. htc knows about the app affecting Sprint customers and are "currently working on a software update to take care of that issue".

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Factory reset won't fix the issue. htc knows about the app affecting Sprint customers and are "currently working on a software update to take care of that issue".

Does HTC have the RUU available for this phone? I'm wondering if that might help it, I keep seeing references to having the OS software reloaded.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Does HTC have the RUU available for this phone? I'm wondering if that might help it, I keep seeing references to having the OS software reloaded.

I think we are just going to have to wait till the update is pushed. No ETA given.

• 2 weeks later...

HTC and Sprint just pushed out the update for the M7. Check software update on your phone.
  • Like 3

No update listed on Sprint?

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_HTC_One/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB48984?INTNAV=SU:DP:eek:V:UG:HtcOne:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourHtcOne

Anyone needing RUU I'd head to XDA. Never had this "smith" issue though...maybe you all are stuck in the Matrix.

Agent_Smith2.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I'm sure this may be old news to some of you, but it looks like us M7 owners will get Lollipop:  

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-One-M8-and-One-M7-will-get-Android-5.0-Lollipop-within-90-days-from-now_id62438

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-confirms-htc-one-m8-m7-will-get-android-lollipop-update-90-days

I was about to upgrade to the LG G3 when I found this.  May sit tight for a while until February and see how the update goes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After a year and a half, my M7 was getting a little laggy and battery performance was slipping. I was looking at possible replacements, and read again about rejuvenation from a factory reset, so I tried that for the first time. A good opportunity to reevaluate what apps were really needed and those I could do without. Not being familiar with restoration from a backup, it took some time to recreate things. The payoff: much snappier and battery is WAY better. This will help me feel OK until more definitive info on the M9 comes out. :-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Woot!

I'm digging 5.0.2 on my Nexus 7 (2013).

might have me hang on to the M7 for a little while longer (prob til the bugs worked out of a new M9)