HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

What I am trying to figure out is if there is away to use the facebook app with out it populating your blinkfeed and gallery with random facebook crap. I don't use facebook often but usually thats the best way for me to contact certain family members. I know I can disable it from blinkfeed but once I sign back on through the app, its there again, same with the gallery.

• Like 1

What I am trying to figure out is if there is away to use the facebook app with out it populating your blinkfeed and gallery with random facebook crap. I don't use facebook often but usually thats the best way for me to contact certain family members. I know I can disable it from blinkfeed but once I sign back on through the app, its there again, same with the gallery.

In blink feed, menu, topics and services, swipe over to the left side and turn off Facebook.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2.

Never rooted... just never bothered to figure out how. Can't figure out why it's not supported to begin with.

Because Google has not updated the app yet.

Never rooted? that means you haven't experienced the bliss of a Viper Rom yet :o

In blink feed, menu, topics and services, swipe over to the left side and turn off Facebook.

I did that already but for whatever reason it wasn't sticking, anyway I just tried it again and its fine now. What about gallery pics though, how do you stop facebook from automatically showing pics in your gallery?

• Like 1

I did that already but for whatever reason it wasn't sticking, anyway I just tried it again and its fine now. What about gallery pics though, how do you stop facebook from automatically showing pics in your gallery?

I haven't figured that one out yet, but if you figure it out I would like to know also.

• Like 1

Set up the IR blaster last night, was very easy, only took a couple of minutes. Configured it for my TV, cable box, and sound system, and it works great! One drawback for me is that it doesn't seem to know HD channels. If one of the shows you marked as favorite is coming up, you can click on it and it will go straight to that channel, but the SD version rather than the HD version. But that's likely more of an issue with Mediacom than anything.

HD seems to work fine with Comcast. Had my bro send me a couple screen shots. Looks like there's an option under TV Settings to prefer HD channels over SD (which you may have already seen). Hope this helps! :)

th_Screenshot_2013-04-21-22-10-36_zps48275e74.pngth_Screenshot_2013-04-21-22-10-50_zps39c8db2a.png

Edited by PDXmike
  • Like 1

HD seems to work fine with Comcast. Had my bro send me a couple screen shots. Looks like there's an option under TV Settings to prefer HD channels over SD (which you may have already seen). Hope this helps! :)

th_Screenshot_2013-04-21-22-10-36_zps48275e74.pngth_Screenshot_2013-04-21-22-10-50_zps39c8db2a.png

Yeah the trouble is it doesn't list the HD channels when it shows me the mediacon listings, so there's no HD to prefer... Which is why I think it's a mediacom issue. Or, it's not looking for the right channels, I'm not sure.

Sent from my HTC ONE using Tapatalk 2

I haven't figured that one out yet, but if you figure it out I would like to know also.

LOL, ok.

Just curious, has anyone found a way to remove/disable blinkered?

No way to remove it, in either case its really not as bad or annoying as I thought it would be.

• Like 1

No way to remove it, in either case its really not as bad or annoying as I thought it would be.

I'm actually enjoying Blinkfeed, I love reading stories and having them ready all the time is pretty neat. I'm the type of consumer they were aiming for I guess. I love Blinkfeed, although I don't have it as my main homepage.

Another side note, this phone picks up LTE in place where the EVO LTE couldn't, driving to work today I got LTE about 5 times. Completely loving this phone.

-Luis

• Like 1

Does anyone here with an HTC One also have an active iDEN line (or know someone with an active iDEN line)? If so, S4GRU staff would appreciate it if you could run an experiment by swapping the iDEN line SIM into the One and checking for LTE connectivity.

AJ

• Like 2

Does anyone here with an HTC One also have an active iDEN line (or know someone with an active iDEN line)? If so, S4GRU staff would appreciate it if you could run an experiment by swapping the iDEN line SIM into the One and checking for LTE connectivity.

AJ

This is just a small observation, but I noticed that when you get the phone (or atleast when I received it) the sim removal tool didn't come in the box. Would you need to have the Removal tool to take out the SIM? (I've never dealt with MicroSim cards) I know someone with an iDEN account.

-Luis

Here's another minor nitpick: When you turn the volume down to the minimum possible setting without turning it off, it is still not that quiet. I had hoped to be able to enjoy the phone's speakers at a very quiet level without disturbing people outside my office.

any recommendations on cases not called Otterbox?

I got the one from HTC, the dip flip. I'm looking to see if any other ones out there seems nice. I'm liking the Dip Flip though. There are many bumper cases in amazon, for $10 or less.

Now if you're looking for protection then otterbox is your best bet.

-Luis

An OtterBox is ridiculous. It is like a chastity belt for your handset.

If you need a case, go with the official HTC version:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6747/htc-one-review/2

AJ

I went for a clear tpu case on ebay for $5, I get the protection while still being to able to appreciate the design of the phone. I really hate screen protectors but I will have to bite the bullet and get one since I don't want my screen to get scratched.

Just curious, has anyone found a way to remove/disable blinkered?

Give it time and one of the devs @ XDA will likely have a way to remove it. You could just set a different panel as your home screen and never look at it....viperboy already as a working ROM up, there's a unlock/root toolkit as well. Hoping some of the other top HTC devs head over as well (Scott, aamikam, mikeyxda, etc)

• Like 1

Well, blinkfeed is stupid. Yay lots of pictures for illiterate people! Yeeehaw!

I hate the flipboard/blinkfeed/current/anything else with a picture because people are too lazy to read.

I've shuffled that over into oblivion.