HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

The handset is idle, right? When actually transmitting, it will likely switch antennas.

AJ

I thought only one antenna was for LTE and the other for CDMA. Can both antennas work for both LTE and CDMA? This is confusing me a little bit. If they both work interchangeably, then that's amazing!

-Luis

I thought only one antenna was for LTE and the other for CDMA. Can both antennas work for both LTE and CDMA? This is confusing me a little bit. If they both work interchangeably, then that's amazing!

I am not always trying to pump up my article, but the description of the dual antenna system is there. Yes, the two work interchangeably for CDMA1X/EV-DO and LTE.

AJ

• Like 2

The handset is idle, right? When actually transmitting, it will likely switch antennas.

AJ

Ok I'll check that out, thanks. Not to bother but did you see my above post with the lte scan time? Should I get my msl and change scan time?

I am not always trying to pump up my article, but the description of the dual antenna system is there. Yes, the two work interchangeably for CDMA1X/EV-DO and LTE.

AJ

That's awesome! I know it's in your article (push your article all the time!), but I just wanted to make sure that's what you meant. Sometimes I just have to be told things simply.

-Luis

P.S. you should just copy paste your article under every post you make regarding this thread.

Unless I got a bad phone, the lte connectivity is worst than my EVO as some of the earlier reviews eluded to. I am not in a full build out area BUT my home tower is active with lte. I cannot get lte in my living room now, especially after touching the phone. The signal fluctuated wildly when it's in my hand causing it to drop to 3G when it never did it before. Even with the EVOs weak radio, I always had -95 give or take around my apartment. I'll keep testing, and will try with a cover, that might help with signal fluctuations.

Android UI is fast and smooth. I've never seen Sense move so quickly and lag so little. Either Sense 5 is a total rewrite, or the new Snapdragon 600 is just that good.

Couldn't agree more! Wow, this thing flies. Still figuring things out and setting it up.

Blinkfeed will not be my homepage. I wouldn't mind just having Blinkfeed as one of my panels if two things were possible: 1) I could remove the time / weather app from the top that is locked to it and just give that far left panel all to Blinkfeed & 2) Use any RSS feed I wanted to supply Blinkfeed with content. #2 has got to be in a future update. It can't be that hard.

Sprint Store employees were real funny today. They were all excited because mine was the first One they had gotten to see up close and functional. They didn't have very many preorders and my 11:00 appointment was the first pick up. While I was there, I used the HTC Transfer app to move photos, music, bookmarks & sms messages over from my old phone. They had also never seen that and were impressed.

LTE lit up a couple of times on my drive home which was exciting for me since my last two phones have been Wimax. Don't have LTE here at the house, but I didn't expect to.

I'm watching DirecTV on my phone right now as I type (via wi-fi). The sound and picture on this puppy are UNREAL!

Peace,

DM

• Like 2

Unless I got a bad phone, the lte connectivity is worst than my EVO as some of the earlier reviews eluded to. I am not in a full build out area BUT my home tower is active with lte. I cannot get lte in my living room now, especially after touching the phone. The signal fluctuated wildly when it's in my hand causing it to drop to 3G when it never did it before. Even with the EVOs weak radio, I always had -95 give or take around my apartment. I'll keep testing, and will try with a cover, that might help with signal fluctuations.

Uh oh.. I am hoping this is not the case. HTC doesn't need this after the EVO LTE madness.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

I just picked up the One. The screen is gorgeous. The sound is very good. The build quality is excellent. I was picking up LTE in places my Evo LTE would only be 3g. I only have one concern with this phone, and that is if my wife will try to steal it from me when she sees it....

• Like 2

Uh oh.. I am hoping this is not the case. HTC doesn't need this after the EVO LTE madness.

Sent from my little Note2

This is definitely not the case at all.

Well I have done some extensive real world testing today and I can assure you that the htc one is miles ahead when it comes to lte connectivity. I had my girl drive me around town today to run some errands and I got to say that I am very impressed with the One thus far. For comparison, I also had an evo lte and a gnex and I got to tell you that the One did not drop lte connectivity at all especially in areas I knew my evo would have an issue. I really don't know what to say in your case but I am impressed in every way so far.

• Like 3

This is definitely not the case at all.

Well I have done some extensive real world testing today and I can assure you that the htc one is miles ahead when it comes to lte connectivity. I had my girl drive me around town today to run some errands and I got to say that I am very impressed with the One thus far. For comparison, I also had an evo lte and a gnex and I got to tell you that the One did not drop lte connectivity at all especially in areas I knew my evo would have an issue. I really don't know what to say in your case but I am impressed in every way so far.

For me I picked up lte also in places I didn't BUT when I grip the phone I loose up to -20 dBm.

Did anybody have to pay the $36 Activation Charge? I did not and was pleasantly surprised.

I believe they will be billing the upgrade fee to my account on my next statement.

Did anybody have to pay the $36 Activation Charge? I did not and was pleasantly surprised.

Peace,

DM

It should be on your next bill for sure but in any event, you could always call customer care and they should be able to credit you back the activation fee.

For me I picked up lte also in places I didn't BUT when I grip the phone I loose up to -20 dBm.

Well every single phone has some sort of death grip, no way to escape that. The way I naturally grip the phone when in use hasn't seem to affect the signal in any major way at all.

• Like 1

Great to hear... Thanks for the report/comparison! :tu:

I was set on stopping by a Sprint store to check out the One this weekend, but it turns out that I won't have to. My brother bought one instead! I concur with everyone else who has put their hands on this phone. It is gorgeous!

What makes it even better is that my brother and his fiancé switched from Verizon to Sprint. I wonder how many other subs will switch over from Big Red since they aren't carrying the One. Also, I'd like to think my past few months of babbling on about Sprint's NV upgrades and my lobbying for them to switch to Sprint had something to do with it as well. :D

Now, to borrow the One when he isn't looking... :ninja:

It won't let me activate via web, and now they are trying to tell me this isn't available with my SERO plan. Pretty sure Telesales explicitly told me the only recurring charge that would change would be the TEP going from $8 to probably $11.

• Like 1

It won't let me activate via web, and now they are trying to tell me this isn't available with my SERO plan. Pretty sure Telesales explicitly told me the only recurring charge that would change would be the TEP going from $8 to probably $11.

And a call to employee care got that taken care of in short order. I panicked after two reps in a row told me the plan wasn't compatible with the device.