Samsung SPH-L500 hits the FCC

Jaggrey

Whatever phone that is. According to some of the comments on Engadget it might be Sprint's second Windows Phone.

It's actually the SPH-L500, and not a Windows device. Cloud4sites has a mobile test system that someone tested the phone using it back in December and it had Android 4.1.2 onboard. It's definitely a mid-range device, and I eagerly wait for an announcement from Sprint or Samsung.

It's actually the SPH-L500, and not a Windows device. Cloud4sites has a mobile test system that someone tested the phone using it back in December and it had Android 4.1.2 onboard. It's definitely a mid-range device, and I eagerly wait for an announcement from Sprint or Samsung.

oops you're right. Hopefully they can edit the title of this thread.

It'll be interesting to see what this phone ends up being. Hopefully we get more details on it soon. According to the dimensions it's roughly slightly smaller than the GS4.

This seems so similar to the GS3, which is already getting discounted. I don't quite see where they price it so that it makes sense among all the other available Samsung phones.

One potential way of differentiating it would be for it to be Samsung's Facebook phone.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

oops you're right. Hopefully they can edit the title of this thread.

It'll be interesting to see what this phone ends up being. Hopefully we get more details on it soon. According to the dimensions it's roughly slightly smaller than the GS4.

Yeah, it's rumored to have a 4.65" screen. I'm surprised that evleaks on twitter hasn't pictured it yet.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Ya that doesn';t like a windows phone. i hope sprint stays away from windows phone until they get there shit figured out lol

Actually, if Sprint's Samsung Windows phone is really the Ativ S, then the hardware specs are very similar with one having Android, and one have Windows phone.

Actually, if Sprint's Samsung Windows phone is really the Ativ S, then the hardware specs are very similar with one having Android, and one have Windows phone.

eh, Idk. I tried windows first phone and hated it lol. If samsung makes an Windows phone.. I'm gonna have to try that out

All they have said is HTC and Samsung at this point.

http://newsroom.spri...article_id=2486

LAS VEGAS (BUSINESS WIRE), January 07, 2013 - Sprint (NYSE:S) today joined with Microsoft to announce the upcoming availability of Windows Phone 8 smartphones on the Sprint nationwide network. Sprint will bring two initial handsets to customers by summer – one each from Samsung and HTC.

So is there no Nokia "Catwalk" Windows Phone device coming for Sprint?

It's "too sexy" for Sprint. "...yeah, on the catwalk, on the catwalk, yeah..."

AJ

• Like 1

Hey AJ will you be doing an article for this mystery L500 phone?

I usually do the FCC OET write ups for the flagship and other high end devices. This is more of a mid range device, so MacinJosh is writing the article. In fact, it is basically ready to be published right now. We will likely post it on The Wall shortly as an unknown mystery handset -- unless we know that we can get solid evidence of a marketing name and photo later this week.

AJ

• Like 1

Thanks guys! How does it compare to other Sprint phones regarding its RF capabilities, LTE and otherwise?

It performs pretty decent according to the FCC docs, coming in right under the flagships of last year, but real world testing is the only accurate measurement to go by. We will see for sure when the phone is released.

RF from the FCC is very suspect. The EVO LTE had very good numbers in the FCC report, but in real life, it is an RF dog for LTE. The Galaxy Note 2 had very average LTE RF in the FCC report, but it is an RF beast for LTE. Need to get some real world testing...

Yea, real world testing is the only thing to really go by. Altho from what I remember the results from the FCC documents for the Evo LTE weren't very promising based on the commentary here.

RF from the FCC is very suspect. The EVO LTE had very good numbers in the FCC report...

No, it did not. This time last year, we even commented on the mediocre RF output, especially for EV-DO 1900 and LTE 1900.

AJ

No, it did not. This time last year, we even commented on the mediocre RF output, especially for EV-DO 1900 and LTE 1900.

AJ

Thanks for the correction AJ, i must be remembering a different device...

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose crossing my fingers for it to be a slider is rather fruitless. Probably just another boring, been there done that, slate.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I would think I would have seen something in the FCC docs about it, but I didn't. Plus I'm sure that sxtpdevelopers would have mentioned it, their inside source gave them the specs back in November.