Evo lte Random power offs (fix?)

tbs123456

So for the past couple of weeks my evolte (I like evolte over ltevo or evo lte cause it sounds like e-volt ha ha anyways...) has been randomly powering off and the only way I could get it to turn back on was to plug it into a genuine htc or samsung charger. Then it would take a few seconds to recognize it and the orange charge light would flicker real quick before fully coming on and I'd have to wait like 30 seconds before it would turn on. And then when powered back on it would repeat randomly. The last couple of days its gotten really bad to where I'd have to let it sit for an hour before it would even recognize the charger. It was a real pain! I thought maybe it was my power button cause it seemed to happen most often when I'd turn the screen off, but not always. So i decided to take it apart(warranty already void cause Im rooted and s-off with custom rom) plus no insurance on it. Taking the back cover off and then the screws for the inside cover plate out then the inside cover off and the phone would work. It wouldnt turn off for anything. But once put back together it would turn off. I figured out putting some pressure around the headphone jack would shut the phone right off and I'd be right back to square one with plugging it back in and hoping it would see the charger. So, I took it apart again and tried putting pressure around the headphone jack. It stayed on! Wouldnt turn off no matter what I tried. Put it back together again. Put some pressure around the headphone jack and it turned off right away. Very frustrated and irritated at this point. Took it apart again and it stayed on like before. So this time I put it back together only I didnt tighten the screws all the way tight. Maybe a turn or 2 loose. And it wont turn off anymore. Its only been like an hour since I did this, but maybe itll work and maybe help out someone else.

That happen to me yesterday. When I held the power and vol down buttons, the 3 icons at the bottom would just flash. After waiting a couple of minutes, I was able to restart it with only the power button. After is restarted, it ask if I wanted to send an error report to HTC.

Do you send the error report to HTC or Not?

I had this problem arise right after two major updates. Wiping the phone offered temporary relief. My issue was resolved after the last jelly bean update.

That happen to me yesterday. When I held the power and vol down buttons, the 3 icons at the bottom would just flash. After waiting a couple of minutes, I was able to restart it with only the power button. After is restarted, it ask if I wanted to send an error report to HTC.

Do you send the error report to HTC or Not?

ha your funny its like sending microsoft error report too LOL (no disrespect just being funny)

nah as for that its just in HTC software, it happens less when your rooted and have a great rom like MeanBean which has a lot of tweaks & enhancements that made it a great phone!(awesome enhanced stock experience, just works great with better battery life)

but ive recently upgraded to Note 2 from Evo LTE and i have really no need to load a Rom so far due to everything just works ;)

I'm running meanbean currently and have all crash reports and HTC reports turned off. Also had tried wiping the phone and doing a fresh install With different roms. That didn't fix it. Loosening the screws was the only thing that fixed it. I do have a new power button/ proximity sensor cable coming and plan on replacing it to see if that's the real problem with the screws being tightened.

I'm running meanbean currently and have all crash reports and HTC reports turned off. Also had tried wiping the phone and doing a fresh install With different roms. That didn't fix it. Loosening the screws was the only thing that fixed it. I do have a new power button/ proximity sensor cable coming and plan on replacing it to see if that's the real problem with the screws being tightened.

well hopefully that works out for you, the meanbean helped a lot, but HTC Evo LTE has many faults, you dont got TEP insurance or ur trying to fix it yourself first, if you mess up u just get a new refurbished one?

... I run mean bean but I have no problems, I'm so sorry for your loss

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I dont like getting insurance on my phones. Ends up costing more in the end than just buying a used one. Ive never had any problems with my phones in the past(been using htc since the g1). But, after this phone, I think I'll be switching away from htc. The One doesnt appeal to me and sense 5 looks horrid. And the poor reception with this phone is a downer. Overall, The evo is a decent enough phone. Its worrking great since I loosened the screws. I'm just going to swap out the power button/proximity sensor to see if that has anything to do with the problems. Mostly made this post in case anyone else is having this problem and it might help them.

I dont like getting insurance on my phones. Ends up costing more in the end than just buying a used one. Ive never had any problems with my phones in the past(been using htc since the g1). But, after this phone, I think I'll be switching away from htc. The One doesnt appeal to me and sense 5 looks horrid. And the poor reception with this phone is a downer. Overall, The evo is a decent enough phone. Its worrking great since I loosened the screws. I'm just going to swap out the power button/proximity sensor to see if that has anything to do with the problems. Mostly made this post in case anyone else is having this problem and it might help them.

i used to use HTC as well, always thought great software and a better radio performance than samsung, almost as good as a motorola phones are known for, I've changed it up, i didnt wanna wait for s4, so i got myself a Note 2, its an amazing phone, great signal & amazing voice quality compared to Evo LTE, the phone just works so buttery smooth, facebook works instant, better than desktop web browser xD