"tweet" vs "text"

WiWavelength

It's been interesting to watch the google voice app evolve. it used to stink at pushing txts through, then problems sending...

Now it has a very nice "queued" "sending" "not sent" "retrying" "sent" progress report. It's extremely rare that a text can't send - just might take a minute, but you can continue texting and they'll eventually make it through.

It doesn't happen often, but in a loaded area, it might take a minute for them to work through.

Given all of the problems people have with Sprint's text messaging, I am not sure one is necessarily better than the other - both have their ups and downs.

The biggest win for me is streaming live radio and texting. If I text over sprint, it drops me down to 1x and because I have an active data session, it won't revert back to EVDO. I prefer to keep my EVDO :)

I might have to start using Google voice to text because texting through sprints network is terrible since there are huge delays at times. do u get many delays receiving texts through Google voice?

My cousin Becky was at the Super Bowl. She has an iPhone 5 on AT&T's LTE. Shockingly, she was able to use data and text in the Superdome, even when the lights were out of the building and data load was at its highest point. By all indications, both AT&T and Verizon held up there. I know nothing about how Sprint and T-Mobile did.

Now that I have iMessage, I rarely send text messages anymore. If something goes wrong with data in my area then I will switch iMessage off, but for now, my data service works good enough for me.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Now that I have iMessage, I rarely send text messages anymore. If something goes wrong with data in my area then I will switch iMessage off, but for now, my data service works good enough for me.

Big happy iFamily? If you text an android user does it still go through with imessage?

I don't know anyone with an iPhone anymore so I am kind of ignorant when it comes to that device.

Sent from my little Note2

Big happy iFamily? If you text an android user does it still go through with imessage?

I don't know anyone with an iPhone anymore so I am kind of ignorant when it comes to that device.

Sent from my little Note2

No. It goes as a regular text message. Out of the people I text message on a regular basis, only my mom uses an android phone.

I might have to start using Google voice to text because texting through sprints network is terrible since there are huge delays at times. do u get many delays receiving texts through Google voice?

No, it works well. I also have Google voice go to my email so I'll get both an email and text.

It's nice to be able to reply to texts via email while I'm at the computer.