Epic 4g Touch

z250kid

Ive been having an issue now where every time I roam (in the US of course), and try and send a text message it says something along the lines of

WARNING - INTERNATIONAL ROAMING, ADDITIONAL SMS CHARGES MAY BE INCURRED.

-Send Now

-Wait to send in domestic area

-Save to drafts

im NOT in an international area. How the hell do I stop this idiotic warning from popping up EVERY time I send an SMS in roaming areas?

Ive been having an issue now where every time I roam (in the US of course), and try and send a text message it says something along the lines of

WARNING - INTERNATIONAL ROAMING, ADDITIONAL SMS CHARGES MAY BE INCURRED.

-Send Now

-Wait to send in domestic area

-Save to drafts

im NOT in an international area. How the hell do I stop this idiotic warning from popping up EVERY time I send an SMS in roaming areas?

Try some DIY fixes first. Update your PRL and then your profile in Settings -> System Update. That should work. You can also try changing your roaming prefs to "sprint only" under Settings -> More Settings -> Roaming. If all else fails, there's Care and they can walk you through other processes.

The factory reset has appeared to stop the freezing, but I did pull the phone out of my pocket to find it off. Turned it on and battery was at 65%, so there was no reason for that.

You could've shut it off in your pocket by maybe leaning against a hard object.. It's happened to me.

• 4 weeks later...

I had countless problems with this thing. I had 5 different ones from sprint and I ultimately got one more, sold it on ebay and bought an s3 outright.

Mines acting up again. It randomly reset this afternoon, and di so 3-4 days ago.

Only a month until I can dump it.

Mines acting up again. It randomly reset this afternoon, and di so 3-4 days ago.

Only a month until I can dump it.

I almost dumped sprint over my fiasco. I kept getting the runaround until I called corporate. Then they offered me an evo 3d as an "equivilant replacement". HA. fat chance.

Only thing I dont like about my s3 is that I have to wait for ecent speeds, ut my hopes are being lifted day by day :)

I've had JB GA10 for a while, but I rooted my phone to get it.

My phone has problems with wifi that just started. It forgets passwords a lot and reboots because of wifi (I think). I don't want to update and lose my root... especially if there are other problems like battery drain and stuff.

I'll probably just keep the rooted JB until I either get a new phone on Sprint or switch to some other service provider for better coverage.

I've had JB GA10 for a while, but I rooted my phone to get it.

My phone has problems with wifi that just started. It forgets passwords a lot and reboots because of wifi (I think). I don't want to update and lose my root... especially if there are other problems like battery drain and stuff.

I'll probably just keep the rooted JB until I either get a new phone on Sprint or switch to some other service provider for better coverage.

cough cough.. official JB is GB27. GA10 is real old news...

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I figured I'd vent for a minute. I'm pretty sure I have the Epic 4G touch because that's what its labeled as. It's a S GS2 and has been full of problems lately. I'm on the 3rd phone, the 2nd and 3rd ones were refurbished and have all been doing a buzzing vibrating thing where when I wake my phone up it acts as if I've hit the menu buttons at the bottom though I'm not touching anything. 

I took it into Sprint and they said I got it wet. (It must have happened when I wen snorkeling and used it to take pics.) I got a replacement and its doing the same thing. (I went snorkeling again.) I've found other forums of users having similar problems. 

I really hate this phone and hate that Sprint considered selling it. 

I figured I'd vent for a minute. I'm pretty sure I have the Epic 4G touch because that's what its labeled as. It's a S GS2 and has been full of problems lately. I'm on the 3rd phone, the 2nd and 3rd ones were refurbished and have all been doing a buzzing vibrating thing where when I wake my phone up it acts as if I've hit the menu buttons at the bottom though I'm not touching anything. 

I took it into Sprint and they said I got it wet. (It must have happened when I wen snorkeling and used it to take pics.) I got a replacement and its doing the same thing. (I went snorkeling again.) I've found other forums of users having similar problems. 

I think it is time for you to upgrade to a triband LTE device.

• 2 weeks later...

Its not just you, the phone is garbage.

It was great when new, but then they all went to shit. I upgraded in September because I could no longer handle it, even though it meant missing out on triband.

Best decission Ive ever made.

• Like 1

Its not just you, the phone is garbage.

It was great when new, but then they all went to shit. I upgraded in September because I could no longer handle it, even though it meant missing out on triband.

Best decission Ive ever made.

your eligible for the one up plan! i dumped mine got the s4 and love it.  i can get a new phone in april.