[Rumor] Is Sprint Getting Its Own Variant Of The HTC One X (Or Something Eerily Similar) Codenamed ‘Jewel’?

chappo2000

Exciting news! Especially the thought of it being called the "Evo LTE." Sure, it's only a name, you can name it anything you want. But the Evo has been such a staple for Sprint's Android lineup - why change a good thing, right?

Source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/02/29/rumor-is-sprint-getting-its-own-variant-of-the-htc-one-x-or-something-eerily-similar/

(Well, where I got it anyway. The original source is referenced.)

• Like 1

Exciting news! Especially the thought of it being called the "Evo LTE." Sure, it's only a name, you can name it anything you want. But the Evo has been such a staple for Sprint's Android lineup - why change a good thing, right?

Source: http://www.androidpo...eerily-similar/

(Well, where I got it anyway. The original source is referenced.)

I saw this tweet this morning. Interesting. Do you think Mr. Hesse will announce this in Barcelona tomorrow?

Also, thank you for following our new article posting guidelines. :tu:

I think Sprint has a significant PR problem at the moment. Essentially if you're eligible for an upgrade right now you're forced to wait with no timetable. Some light has got to be shed on Sprint's offerings for the summer. I understand the conventional wisdom is to wait for CTIA, and I'm sure all those questions will be answered by then. But I think Sprint understands they have to give us something to keep us going till CTIA. It's March now and it's about time to show us the light at the end of the tunnel.

guy over at xda snagged a pic when he was in a sprint store and his buddy was working... started discussing it a lil at the end of my thread then...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=23120455

uploadfromtaptalk133055.jpg

said maybe the June 17 was estimated arrival of demo units....

anyone else work at sprint and can try to pull up the pic??/

Edited by Sgt. Slaughter
  • Like 1

As with everyone else, I think it will be a variant of the "One X", and EVO LTE just sound right. Remember that HTC and Samsung have both said they will be limiting the models of its devices this year, so I wouldn't expect much difference if any between the One X and EVO LTE, or the worldwid version of the GSlll.

My only hope is that Qualcomm can get LTE baked in the chip before the EVO LTE is launched AT&T is getting the dual core version to launch since the quad-core isn't ready yet.

As with everyone else, I think it will be a variant of the "One X", and EVO LTE just sound right. Remember that HTC and Samsung have both said they will be limiting the models of its devices this year, so I wouldn't expect much difference if any between the One X and EVO LTE, or the worldwid version of the GSlll.

My only hope is that Qualcomm can get LTE baked in the chip before the EVO LTE is launched AT&T is getting the dual core version to launch since the quad-core isn't ready yet.

LTE is baked in by default on the S4 chips. no worries there. Only thing would be if it gets approved for 2.5GHz and 800MHz too..

LTE is baked in by default on the S4 chips. no worries there. Only thing would be if it gets approved for 2.5GHz and 800MHz too..

It would be nice if they enable 800MHz and 2.5GHz off the top. Here's hoping for an awesome keynote tomorrow. :fingers:

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift 4G using Forum Runner

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

To keep this in the actual Sprint thread...

http://pocketnow.com/android/htc-evo-one-first-press-shot

Though it looks interesting b/c no Sprint logo, the body is different than the OneX so its possible to be an early rendering...

One thing I hate about it is the 4G signal change to be more like 3G instead of how it is now showing a separate signal bar all together....

Though kinda makes sense b/c its in the same freq as 3G so signal wise should be roughly the same...Though this leads me to believe they are NOT including any other bands of LTE in this device...b/c signal on the 800MHz and 2.5GHz LTE would be vastly different than the regular 1900MHz...

The fact that the One S next to it is so severely out of scale in relation to the One X is an indication that this could be a photoshop job. It's not for certain of course, since HTC certainly could have gotten the scale wrong as well. But, for now I won't panic about this Evo One variant looking so much uglier than the other One devices until the event in New York tomorrow.

Size is wrong? its the same as the OneX...

The One X is on the left, the One S is on the right (based on the T-Mobile branding), and the alleged Evo One is in the middle. The One S should be significantly smaller than the One X, but it isn't in the image.

The fact that the One S next to it is so severely out of scale in relation to the One X is an indication that this could be a photoshop job. It's not for certain of course, since HTC certainly could have gotten the scale wrong as well. But, for now I won't panic about this Evo One variant looking so much uglier than the other One devices until the event in New York tomorrow.

The OneS is not really out of scale there.....looks like many of the other photos in comparison b/w the OneS and OneX...the devices screens are different and easily to tell so in the photo, and the actual size of the device is not really much different...

See the photo here with the 3 series next to each other in real life...

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/7aN4PB7dmSU/hqdefault.jpg

http://pocketnow.com/html/portal/news/0000021807//OneXComparison.jpg

The OneS is not really out of scale there.....looks like many of the other photos in comparison b/w the OneS and OneX...the devices screens are different and easily to tell so in the photo, and the actual size of the device is not really much different...

See the photo here with the 3 series next to each other in real life...

http://i.ytimg.com/v...U/hqdefault.jpg

http://pocketnow.com...XComparison.jpg

The One S and One X differ in width (4.9mm) much more than height (3.46mm) based on the reported dimensions. So, using width as a guide, I compared the widths of the devices in the leaked photo:

One X: 180 pixels

One S: 173 pixels

So the One S is 3.8% more narrow than the One X in terms of pixels in the leaked photo.

However, we know the width specification already for these:

One X: 69.9 mm

One S: 65 mm

The One S is actually 7% more narrow than the One X. So I think it's fair to say that the leaked photo is out of scale. Maybe I overstated it when I said "severely" though.

Right now I'm hopeful that we see something else, something much more pleasing to the eye tomorrow. If this what HTC is bringing to the table, I'll be looking more closely at the GNex or SGIII.

Kind of looks like the same iconic design of the previous EVO's. Personally I hope it stays closer to the One X look. Just a cleaner design IMO.

They need something fresh. I thought they said stale design was the reason for their drop in sales

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I thought the E4GT did not photograph well. I thought it looked a little homely and boring in photos. But looking and holding it in person turned me on to the design right away.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

I thought the E4GT did not photograph well. I thought it looked a little homely and boring in photos. But looking and holding it in person turned me on to the design right away.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

Maybe. I liked the renderings of the E4GT and even more in person. I was never really drawn to the EVO, but it just grew on me the longer I had it. IMHO, HTC just needs to get away from the pure rectangle look. I know that many like it, and you can pretty much tell its an HTC at a glance but to me its just getting old. To me the new designs are appealing and fresh.

Maybe. I liked the renderings of the E4GT and even more in person. I was never really drawn to the EVO, but it just grew on me the longer I had it. IMHO, HTC just needs to get away from the pure rectangle look. I know that many like it, and you can pretty much tell its an HTC at a glance but to me its just getting old. To me the new designs are appealing and fresh.

Really?....I run across this over at xda all the time and just don't understand when people complain about the design of the phones....personally rectangle is the only acceptable shape...what else do you want? A starfish shaped phone?

And to me the Samsung GS series phones all look the same from the first to the last......

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

There is no comparison between the One X and the supposed image of the Evo One. To me the design of the One X blows that Evo rendering away. I'm really hopeful what is unveiled tomorrow looks better than the leaked image.

Edited by Guy
  • Like 1

There is no comparison between the One X and the supposed image of the Evo One. To me the design of the One X blows that Evo rendering away. I'm really hopeful what is unveiled tomorrow looks better than the leaked image.

Although it's just my opinion, I agree with this post completely.

Robert