Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

If these 3g speeds are an an indication of anything, I think we have a lot in store for us :) (I tend to measure my speeds in bytes). Also, GiantJay, good luck with the resume! :D

post-9302-0-43504400-1362333025_thumb.png

• Like 1

Up here in Redding just this last week our EVDO speeds jumped from the 300kbps its been over the last year to solid 1.5+Mbps in good coverage. I'm starting to get excited that Sprint is finally showing some love here. I need 800smr at my house so badly. So tired of half my calls going straight to voice mail.

Edited by jawknee530

Man, summer would be awesome! Finishing up the UCV in 6 months? That's a little hard to believe, but if you guys say Samsung is fast, I'll believe you guys.

It's sad that I'd actually just be happy with 1.5 Mbps. At home and at work, I generally get around 100-300kbps

Man, summer would be awesome! Finishing up the UCV in 6 months? That's a little hard to believe, but if you guys say Samsung is fast, I'll believe you guys.

It's sad that I'd actually just be happy with 1.5 Mbps. At home and at work, I generally get around 100-300kbps

It will not be done in six months. More like 12.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

But the definition of "done" can be fairly vague. "done" for them means that all the clearwire towers are set up, Softbank does what it does, and so on. However if you're looking for LTE, expect that this summer you'll be getting some.

12 months is more what I'd expect.

Well, regardless, I'm just hoping for the first LTE spot to be available sometime in June or earlier. I hope we can be included in a Press Release in 6 months.

They're called the market OEMs. Samsung is in charge of the market and supplying the equipment and handling the logistical work of moving thousands of parts from around to world to a staging area to be dispersed to contractors. Contractors are local folks like you or I who have training on climbing cell towers and/ or working with cellular / electrical equipment. There's also subcontractors who are basically folks that contractors hire and you go on and on from there.

Basically this is the process.

Sprint tells Samsung to move their butts on a market. Samsung mobilizes equipment and local contractors and starts applying for applicable permits to work on cell sites. If permits and backhaul is ready (they caught up by now) then they begin. If not, they'll work on other towers that are ready. Wherever a site is ready, they'll hop on it instead of wasting time. Time = $$$$

• Like 1

I am waiting to hear back. I had the interview 2 of my friends got jobs but they are already experienced radio techs/journey men etc. They are both going to bug the guy in charge of hiring that interviewed me, as am I. I would be a apprentice so they have to have a very experienced person to train me one on one. So I didn't expect to here back right away because they are crazy busy all the time. It will take them a bit to find who and when they can train me, I hope. It sounds pretty good from both my friends point of view though, so that's good. One of my friends also had some coworkers that got hired too, so hopefully they can all throw my name around. I did also apply at Sprint in the mean time though, I saw some postings for some local stores that just popped up. Lol. So I will hopefully be doing something with this stuff. I got some good info from the presentation they put on before the interviews. Pretty interesting stuff. Nothing about the ucv though, more general stuff about work they do and what not. I appreciate the thoughts and good wishes. I was unemployed for a couple years in the past and that was very tough. At least right now I am fortunate enough to have a part time job while trying to find something better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by GiantJay
  • Like 1

Been on i80 towards the bay area by any chance? Ala past Davis?

If so, you probably picked up some from the bay area market. If not then it may or may not be a glitch. Be on the lookout on your surrounding towers. Samsung will be or has been working on our market.

@GiantJay good luck with your interview man! Hope you make it in.

@lilotimz are they working in the Sac, Davis, woodland area now; or are they focusing on a separate part of the UCV?

Does anyone know if Modesto is in the upper valley market or the lower?I havent heard anything yet.Thank you

Upper Central Valley. It's literally right at the border with the lower central valley market (which is slated to begin in the summer). UCV is confirmed to begin in the spring and full builds should begin any day now.

There has been people working on the tower right next to my house but I'm not sure what carrier. I checked my monthly usage from the Sprint Zone app and it says I used 6kb of lte this month

Edited by GiantJay

pictures pictures pictures

I will try. Most likely I will go over their and scope it out with my friend who works on this stuff and ask what he sees. I will check back but he is out of town working, until tomorrow I believe. I think I will see him this weekend.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by GiantJay