Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Or you know...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-420-whats-in-the-box-oh-oh-oh-its-magic/

Any modifications to the unit will result in $140 charge and cancellation of Sprint account as it's property of Sprint at all times. 

Thanks, I hadn't seen that thread on the 540 (Airspan black version).  Very nice.  The 545 (Sprint white version) seems to be the same, but with a higher transmit power (the links in my two posts are for the 545).

It appears that there are 6 antennas, so I'm out of luck attaching my own antenna anyway.

Once I receive it, I'll give it a try as-is.  If that doesn't work, I may still need to put it on the roof to get line-of-sight to the Sprint cell tower.  So I would need to find a plastic environmental box that is large enough.  And it needs to survive my 118 degree summers.

Thanks for the pointer.

Scott

• 1 month later...

I noticed on the Sprint extended data coverage map most of Northern Nevada is covered now with LTE and 3g. Could this be Choice wireless? This is a big news for me as I travel along I80 in NV sometimes. 

I noticed on the Sprint extended data coverage map most of Northern Nevada is covered now with LTE and 3g. Could this be Choice wireless? This is a big news for me as I travel along I80 in NV sometimes. 

Commnet. They're a Sprint extended LTE partner so it's roam like home coverage. 

• Like 1

Would the extended network work with Freedompop or Boost? The Freedompop map is conflicting.

Boost I think so but freedom pop I'm a bit iffy on.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Boost I think so but freedom pop I'm a bit iffy on.

If it works anything like C-spire in Mississippi then yeah Boost can use it. I use Boost and, had no issue getting a signal in Mississippi.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Was up in Sacramento for vacation (few hours from Napa) and coverage there was more than usable. Everywhere I went I had 10x10 of B25 and B41 popping up in some places.

• Like 2

Was up in Sacramento for vacation (few hours from Napa) and coverage there was more than usable. Everywhere I went I had 10x10 of B25 and B41 popping up in some places.

Awesome

O_O?

We're entirely 20 MHz PCS A in norcal minus stockton - modesto so I'm not sure how'd you get 10x10 on B25 (we have 2 5 MHz B25 carriers). 

Where were you at o_O?

O_O?

We're entirely 20 MHz PCS A in norcal minus stockton - modesto so I'm not sure how'd you get 10x10 on B25 (we have 2 5 MHz B25 carriers).

Where were you at o_O?

Unless he meant CA between the two carriers? Some people get the two confused.

O_O?

Where were you at o_O?

Could be a glitch in SignalCheck Pro. Checking my logs now and realized I never enabled them during my trip to NorCal. SoCal has it:

1 8/1/2017 16:56 -7 8/1/2017 18:24 -7 34.039354 -118.663999 39.39 Sprint B25² 10x10 310120 0BC0B911 474 24577 0 -67 34.038446 -118.675527

So no GCIs that start with 0AC in your logs.  :dep:

0BC0B911 should show B26 if they show B25 10x10 and you are on the latest build tell mikejeep. Mike should be able to separate them. Sector 11 in Nokia markets are 10x10 and in Samsung it is B26. 

Edit:

Samsung starting GCI ends before 0BA so 11 could be B25 10x10.

Could be a glitch in SignalCheck Pro. Checking my logs now and realized I never enabled them during my trip to NorCal. SoCal has it:

1 8/1/2017 16:56 -7 8/1/2017 18:24 -7 34.039354 -118.663999 39.39 Sprint B25² 10x10 310120 0BC0B911 474 24577 0 -67 34.038446 -118.675527

So no GCIs that start with 0AC in your logs.  :dep:

0BC0B911 should show B26 if they show B25 10x10 and you are on the latest build tell mikejeep. Mike should be able to separate them. Sector 11 in Nokia markets are 10x10 and in Samsung it is B26. 

psst... long lat has it in Malibu, socal lol. 

psst... long lat has it in Malibu, socal lol. 

I was more looking at it from the GCI prospective in how did SCP come to say 10x10.  Samsung GCI range ends right before that GCI shown. And that tripped me up a little bit.

Plus I was hopping for someone else's UCV logs to match more site data to the southern part of the market.

Yep that's why I said it was late logging. Have to say that driving down 50 is a scary effort at night. Was driving back from Lake Tahoe.

Those quick turns and dark roads are scary. I once was directed into the side roads (thanks Google maps) and it scares the bejeeses out of me with cliff edges of hundreds of feet.

• Like 1

I was more looking at it from the GCI prospective in how did SCP come to say 10x10. Samsung GCI range ends right before that GCI shown. And that tripped me up a little bit.

Plus I was hopping for someone else's UCV logs to match more site data to the southern part of the market.

Pretty much have no one left here for tracking purposes in the lower portion, northern portion, and reno area. Sadness =/

I remember when I first moved to Nevada in 1994 from Florida. Mountain driving was kind of freaky at first. Always felt like you were out of control on downgrades and curves felt exaggerated. But you get used to it after awhile. Now we mountain folk get irritated when the valley people slow us down.

"Beep, beep! Get out of my way! Gotta get to the Popeye's drive thru before they close!!"

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

Those quick turns and dark roads are scary. I once was directed into the side roads (thanks Google maps) and it scares the bejeeses out of me with cliff edges of hundreds of feet.

Yep, Nissan Altima I had as a rental handled them just fine.

• 4 months later...

A few days ago, my speed jumped from a few Mbps (where it had been consistently for several years) to 40 Mbps.  And it has been there consistently for the past couple of days.

I didn't do anything on my end, so I'm guessing that Sprint upgraded the backhaul for the tower(s).

For reference, I have a Cradlepoint COR-IBR900 (it replaced my flaky Netgear 6100D about a year ago). But I have had minor issues with the IBR900; it had problems with carrier aggregation -- kept ping-pong'ing between Band 25, 26, 41, and from tower-to-tower. This jumping/hopping caused drop-outs and dead-times. I've been working with the Cradlepoint folks since March to resolve these firmware issues. I installed a new device firmware (6.4.2) and modem firmware  (2.26.01.00_SPRINT) about a week ago. So I can't say if the new 40 Mbps speed is because of the Sprint tower or the updated IBR900.

Regardless, I am very happy at the moment.  I hope that it continues. After many many years (starting with Clearwire's WiMax), I am finally getting what was promised those many years ago.

Thanks,

Scott

PS   I had two Sprint Magic Boxes, but just sent them both back. The concept is good -- it is a microcell for talking to devices on Band 41 inside of a building, while the MB talks to the cell tower from a window. However, for me, I would have needed an external antenna port to use it effectively. The Magic Box kept talking to the cell tower on Band 25, which defeats the whole purpose.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Yep. I've confirmed about 90 of them just driving around not even specifically looking for them. 

Also found a few inactive / active Sprint small cells doing the same specifically around downtown and midtown. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...