Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Couldn't Sprint just use microwave for the rural highway sites and use that to backhaul in the harder to reach the hard sites?

The only microwave chain I know that they used for highway sites took more than a year to fire up....Sprints microwave take a long time to deploy for some reason.. =\

I don't have Signalcheck Pro and I don't know where the engineering screen is. I have a Note 4 and I seem to recall reading here once that I wasn't able to tell what band I'm on with this device. Maybe I misunderstood. If you can provide specific instruction for me, I'll do my best to follow and post what I can see.

I don't have Signalcheck Pro and I don't know where the engineering screen is. I have a Note 4 and I seem to recall reading here once that I wasn't able to tell what band I'm on with this device. Maybe I misunderstood. If you can provide specific instruction for me, I'll do my best to follow and post what I can see.

The newest signalcheck pro version finally gets it done for Samsung phones.

Also nice to see its band 41!

• Like 1

Yes I think that Mather has had its Sprint 2.5 equipment activated and gone Live. The Mather Water Tower did not have any ClearWire equipment nor is there any ClearWire equipment nearby, so this must be the case. 

• Like 1

Carmichael area at Winston Churchill Middle School is still 3G. Can't even play a whole round of N.O.V.A. 3 online without getting kicked off (-117dB avg). )=

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

Did u try to toggle airplane mode? I got to fair oaks near san juan and was on 3g and toggled and got b26.
  • Like 1

Yes. It'll jump onto LTE then immediately fall back to 3G. Been like that for months.

Eventually.

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

Cell site serving that area is still 3G. 

Sponsors who have access to my maps I created can see the big LTE hole  in that area. 

• 4 weeks later...

Band 41 putting around 14/4mbps .. t mobile kicking it at 45mbps/24mbps.

Sad sprint. Where is the 60-75mbps band 41 ..

Will test around modesto, ca.

post-44259-0-24150400-1425858459_thumb.png

Edited by wise

May not be Upper Central Valley market related, but...

For at least the past 24 hours, calls from Sprint phone to Sprint phone when allowed to ring-no-answer will terminate to a "Message 6, Switch 386" recording which states "The long distance code you are using is invalid." If the call is actively rejected, the call is sent to voice mail, and if the call is from a non-Sprint phone, the call ia sent to voice mail. Only calls from Sprint phones not actively rejected go to the Message 6 recording instead of voice mail as it should.

I opened a service ticket on this issue: 19926098-0150308.

Band 41 putting around 14/4mbps .. t mobile kicking it at 45mbps/24mbps.

Sad sprint. Where is the 60-75mbps band 41 ..

Will test around modesto, ca.

Busy taking people off B25/26 so that people can have better usable speeds in more places instead of sub 1 mbps everywhere. Any B41 site in an urban area that is running 60-75 mbps is not doing its job of offloading people from the congested 5x5 mhz FDD bands. 

May not be Upper Central Valley market related, but...

For at least the past 24 hours, calls from Sprint phone to Sprint phone when allowed to ring-no-answer will terminate to a "Message 6, Switch 386" recording which states "The long distance code you are using is invalid." If the call is actively rejected, the call is sent to voice mail, and if the call is from a non-Sprint phone, the call ia sent to voice mail. Only calls from Sprint phones not actively rejected go to the Message 6 recording instead of voice mail as it should.

I opened a service ticket on this issue: 19926098-0150308.

Hope they fix whatever is causing that issue for you. No issues on my end. 

• Like 1

So my signals arent just terrible? And the tower is functioning fully? Cause tmo has the same amount of users but doesn't slow to 16mbps or below very often if at all for me that i have ever seen.. its hard to get it below 30mbps/16mbps, my usual like 40/24.. (uploads fast).. you should give tmo lte a try, it always performs better than sprint.

Like even on the fringe.

I also noticed it says this is a clearwire b41. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Plan a trip around later.

I expected at least 40mbps+ with spark b41 up into 60-75 range.. today at sprint store i pulled 2mbps/1mbps. On lte of unknown band.. i have faith in sprint still, one more year of upgrades hopefully will do it. With some carrier aggregation and stuffs.

Edited by wise

So my signals arent just terrible? And the tower is functioning fully? Cause tmo has the same amount of users but doesn't slow to 16mbps or below very often if at all for me that i have ever seen.. its hard to get it below 30mbps/16mbps, my usual like 40/24.. (uploads fast).. you should give tmo lte a try, it always performs better than sprint.

Like even on the fringe.

I also noticed it says this is a clearwire b41. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Plan a trip around later.

I expected at least 40mbps+ with spark b41 up into 60-75 range.. today at sprint store i pulled 2mbps/1mbps. On lte of unknown band.. i have faith in sprint still, one more year of upgrades hopefully will do it. With some carrier aggregation and stuffs.

You had a -114dBm signal is pretty bad but very usable on Band 41 as you can see with 15 mbps speed still.

On band 25 of 26 or other FDD-LTE 2x2 MIMO setups like Tmobiles ERC in our area it would be non existent by the time it got to -110 dBm. 

T-mobile has a denser grid and currently wider LTE carrier bandwiths (15x15) than Sprint currently too. A single Band 41 20 mhz carrier will slug it out easily with a 10x10 FDD-LTE carrier but you need a downlink preffered carrier to get anywhere near a 15x15 FDD-LTE carrier and two of them aggregated to reach / beat a 15x15 / 20x20 carrier. 

Clearwire sites and Sprint 2.5 sites are different in that one comes from the old Clearwire network while one comes from the Sprint NV platform utilizing Sprint equipment.

The old Clear network is capable of a single Band 41 carrier and when fully backhauled and you have a good signal (-100 dBm or better) you will easily reach 20-60 mbps given that it's not super loaded like being in the middle of a major urban area like downtown areas etc. On some sites though they don't have upgraded backhual and are provisioned 20 mbps per sector which means a lot of times it hovers 2-6 mbps. 

The Sprint 2.5 sites are being brought up at 40 mbps backhaul provisioning initially. Once again the wait is on backhaul companies to increase the speeds but this time Sprints equipment are capable but the backhaul vendors are not yet in many places. Yay for last minute backhaul orders...

Regardless Sprint is still playing catch up till at least mid to late summer. Right now their goal is to provide a usable and reliable network (WIP...) since they can't yet play the max speed e-penis games with the others.  

• Like 2

Question for all you S4GRU gurus out there: So I'm on Sprint using a Galaxy S3, and my contract is up this month. Can't say I'm terribly satisfied with the service at the moment (I'm in midtown), though I've read here that if you aren't using a tri-band device, your service will be terrible anyway. So, what do you think? Would it be worth upgrading to a new tri-band phone and re-instating my contract? Will I get to keep my unlimited data plan for the same price? Thanks!

Edited by hocobo

Question for all you S4GRU gurus out there: So I'm on on Sprint using a Galaxy S3, and my contract is up this month. Can't say I'm terribly satisfied with the service at the moment, though I've read here that if you a aren't using a tri-band device, your service will be terrible anyway. So, what do you think? Would it be worth upgrading to a new tri-band phone and re-instating my contract? Will I get to keep my unlimited data plan for the same price? Thanks!

Triband or bust. 

Sprint does not have any additional PCS 1900 spectrum they can refarm for more Band 25 LTE carriers. The only way for Sprint subscribers to experience usable / faster speeds is a triband device that allows users to access Band 41 (Spark) or Band 26 (coverage / indoor penetration) that is less loaded (B26) or have much more capacity (B41). 

You have 14 days to test out the service after getting a new device.

Service will be usable in a lot of places especially where you get Band 41 but it's not really comparable to Verizon XLTE (20x20) or Tmobile wideband (15x15) since they only have a single 20 mhz TDD LTE carrier up which is comparable to a 10x10 FDD-LTE carrier. 

If you must absolutely have the fastest speeds and best indoor coverage then Verizon. If you want the fast speed and open network and can take the drop in indoor coverage then go for T-mobile. If you want a GSM/WCDMA carrier with good indoor coverage and decent speed then go for ATT.