Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Hello all I just got my nexus 6 which It is my understanding that was to be in the sprint spark network as well however I have not seen its connect, my wife's galaxy s5 active does though... Did I miss something?

Nexus devices nor Apple iPhones have the "Spark" spinny icon which shows whenever someone that has a Spark device is connected to LTE (any of the three bands or otherwise).

They'll connect just fine wherever there's a connection to be had. 

• Like 1

My iPhone 6 Plus is now jailbroken and I have some apps I used to be familiar with installed (Signal and Numeric). They show me the tower(s) I'm connected to on a map, and my notification bar displays accurate RSSI for cell and WiFi. I'm very happy to be tinkering around with my Spark enabled iPhone until it turns into a brick.

I can't believe I pulled that download speed in my bedroom. A few months ago I couldn't even get a signal indoors without the Airave plugged in. Are there any other apps available to me that would improve my S4GRU experience? I'd like to spend the holiday season reporting my Sprint experience.

aeade506a4e3778838d6d97c97e292e3.jpg

540f83aa7f4b3e4783ad40dd57f7c136.jpg

fab0d4bb9ef0b019828a4f81554b6ac9.jpg

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

• Like 3

My iPhone 6 Plus is now jailbroken and I have some apps I used to be familiar with installed (Signal and Numeric). They show me the tower(s) I'm connected to on a map, and my notification bar displays accurate RSSI for cell and WiFi. I'm very happy to be tinkering around with my Spark enabled iPhone until it turns into a brick.

I can't believe I pulled that download speed in my bedroom. A few months ago I couldn't even get a signal indoors without the Airave plugged in. Are there any other apps available to me that would improve my S4GRU experience? I'd like to spend the holiday season reporting my Sprint experience.

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

Wow! That low of a signal and still on b41. Sheeeesh

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 2

South lake Tahoe needs LTE asap and I won't be surprised if they need b41 cause 3g is almost unusable...

My sister and her husband have felt the pain in South lake for years now. They are generally happy with Sprint as they can make calls around town but in their home (up Kingsbury Grade Rd) they have to use an Airave for calls or 3G though they use their Wi-Fi at home for data. I had a glimmer of hope for them a long time ago when LTE seemed to arrive but they never got it up and running. No back haul I guess.

My sister and her husband have felt the pain in South lake for years now. They are generally happy with Sprint as they can make calls around town but in their home (up Kingsbury Grade Rd) they have to use an Airave for calls or 3G though they use their Wi-Fi at home for data. I had a glimmer of hope for them a long time ago when LTE seemed to arrive but they never got it up and running. No back haul I guess.

I lived in Northern Nevada and worked in Tahoe for years. I left in 2010. Signal up Kingsbury was always a pain on all providers, some worse than others. Someone may have gotten better since 2010. But Verizon, AT&T and Sprint all lost service in many parts driving up the Grade back then. I never used Tmo going over Kingsbury before though. But they are not likely better.

I lived in Northern Nevada and worked in Tahoe for years. I left in 2010. Signal up Kingsbury was always a pain on all providers, some worse than others. Someone may have gotten better since 2010. But Verizon, AT&T and Sprint all lost service in many parts driving up the Grade back then. I never used Tmo going over Kingsbury before though. But they are not likely better.

They told me that AT&T works the best though they get roaming signal with Verizon when the Airave goes out here and there. Again they are generally happy with Sprint as no provider is perfect in South lake. I think if Sprint started to deploy some band 26 they could really steal the show from the other guys.

They told me that AT&T works the best though they get roaming signal with Verizon when the Airave goes out here and there. Again they are generally happy with Sprint as no provider is perfect in South lake. I think if Sprint started to deploy some band 26 they could really steal the show from the other guys.

Ideally, they should run some repeaters up Kingsbury Grade like they do the canyons around LA/Orange County. That would give them the best results. Lots of homes and business hidden up that canyon. And millions of tourists year round. It would be good for Sprint to do it.
  • Like 3

Lots of homes and business hidden up that canyon. And millions of tourists year round. It would be good for Sprint to do it.

That's absolutely true. If you have some ears you can whisper into or some strings you could pull to help make that happen I wouldn't be upset lol.

That's absolutely true. If you have some ears you can whisper into or some strings you could pull to help make that happen I wouldn't be upset lol.

I bought a repeater for my house in foresthill ca, but sucks the closest tower is in Weimar ca, so the only signal I get is from Verizon roaming.

Stockton. Hammer & west ln.

Stockton is pretty much covered with B41 in majority places you'll get B25 and then some. A world of difference compared to the 3G speeds we were experiencing not that long ago.

• Like 1

Stockton is pretty much covered with B41 in majority places you'll get B25 and then some. A world of difference compared to the 3G speeds we were experiencing not that long ago.

Gotta love the old clear network now even though everyone hated it back in the day.
  • Like 3

Hey guess what...

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/stockton-ca

07Yyf0K.png

This marks the fourth time we’ve tested the Stockton market. Our previous round of testing occurred in June 2014.

AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon shared the Overall RootScore Award. During our previous visit to Stockton, Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T shared this award.

Notably, this was the second time that Sprint has won or shared the Overall RootScore Award in any market we’ve tested to date.

Since our testing in June, Sprint officially launched LTE service in the area. Subsequently, Sprint’s median download speed increased from 0.3 Mbps to 12.6 Mbps, and Sprint’s median upload speed increased from 0.8 Mbps to 5.3 Mbps.

Sprint’s rate of blocked calls improved from 4.2% in June to 0.0% in this round of testing.

T-Mobile’s median download speed decreased from 10.2 Mbps to 7.1 Mbps.

Verizon’s median upload speed increased from 6.5 Mbps to 9.4 Mbps.

How does it feel down there being in only the second city that Sprint has tied or beaten the other 3 in the entire US?

• Like 6

Hey guess what...

How does it feel down there being in only the second city that Sprint has tied or beaten the other 3 in the entire US?

3rd quarter will see better results. The speed are faster now than they were back in Q2.

It'll only improve since the busiest of the tower of the city is only broadcasting B25. Once that tower goes live with B41 and the tower at UOP as well it'll be superb.

The experience here is really well. I'm spoiled! 3G is fast, Lte is fast, b41 is superb. The call quality has increased dramatically as well. I rarely drop calls like I used to.

• Like 1

3rd quarter will see better results. The speed are faster now than they were back in Q2.

It'll only improve since the busiest of the tower of the city is only broadcasting B25. Once that tower goes live with B41 and the tower at UOP as well it'll be superb.

The experience here is really well. I'm spoiled! 3G is fast, Lte is fast, b41 is superb. The call quality has increased dramatically as well. I rarely drop calls like I used to.

Pretty sure someone took pictures of the UOP site and its been decommissioned and replaced by the NV cow.