Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

As in I can get a new phone, give it back if I don't like it for a full refund, and have my old phone reactivated?

Absolutely correct. It's what I did. Just remember that the day you activate your new device is Day 1 of the 14 day "trial" period. Activation and restock fees may (will) apply. Edited by BD786

Activated my 6 Plus last night. How can I be of any use to y'all in the Sacramento market? I did lots of mapping on a Note 2 in the boonies a few months back.

Is mapping possible on an iPhone? I can jailbreak it (8.1).

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

Activated my 6 Plus last night. How can I be of any use to y'all in the Sacramento market? I did lots of mapping on a Note 2 in the boonies a few months back.

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

No, unfortunately apple would block that feature...

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

Other than the iPhone not having the ability to map on sensorly or use most signal apps that most users here use on android due to apple restrictions you can always keep an eye on local towers for new equipment going up. 

The 2.5 upgrade to Sprint sites are well underway and they can ninja those installations in as much as just a day or two. Other than that you can also keep an eye out for Band 26 (LTE 800) as there are some report(s) that it has been detected within the metro area. 

Very recent schedule maps have both B26 and B41 scheduled on many sites very soon but I'm not going to give estimates or time frames because we all know how accurate schedules are. It is coming. 

• Like 1

Other than the iPhone not having the ability to map on sensorly or use most signal apps that most users here use on android due to apple restrictions you can always keep an eye on local towers for new equipment going up.

The 2.5 upgrade to Sprint sites are well underway and they can ninja those installations in as much as just a day or two. Other than that you can also keep an eye out for Band 26 (LTE 800) as there are some report(s) that it has been detected within the metro area.

Very recent schedule maps have both B26 and B41 scheduled on many sites very soon but I'm not going to give estimates or time frames because we all know how accurate schedules are. It is coming.

How do I see which band I am on, using iPhone? I miss using the signal app on android that shows me all the detailed info.

This phone sucks for LTE testing.

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

How do I see which band I am on, using iPhone? I miss using the signal app on android that shows me all the detailed info.

This phone sucks for LTE testing.

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

You need to access the iPhone field test screens. Search on google for the code as I dont recall it off the top of my head.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

*3001#12345#*

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Beat me to it. I was just going to paste it here. I have pretty good signal off Madison/80. Where do I find this band thingy? That's always been the thing I couldn't find. All speed tests and mapping only. Never knew how to see which band I was on. Ever. Poop.

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

Edited by Ant

Best me to it. I was just going to paste it here. I have pretty good signal off Madison/80. Where do I find this band thingy? That's always been the thing I couldn't find. All speed tests and mapping only. Never knew how to see which band I was on. Ever. Poop.

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

When connected to LTE go to serving cell info. It'll show the band class and other information there. Field test mode is pretty useless for everything but identifying what band you're on. One of the most annoying parts of iOS, for me at least.

• Like 1

When connected to LTE go to serving cell info. It'll show the band class and other information there. Field test mode is pretty useless for everything but identifying what band you're on. One of the most annoying parts of iOS, for me at least.

Is this good or bad? I did as the heavy hitters advised in this thread & obtained a tri-band device.

daIbnnN.png?1

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

Is this good or bad? I did as the heavy hitters advised in this thread & obtained a tri-band device.

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

Resize your screenshots to something smaller if you can...

Inside the movie theater off Greenback/80. Mockingjay

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

Yep. Band 41 is the savior. 

Resize your screenshots to something smaller if you can...

Yep. Band 41 is the savior.

How do I resize? They look small in Tapatalk. This is in Walmart on Hazel/Greenback. All the way in the back next to the grocery freezers. Huge difference in RSSI when it switches between 41/25.

This is impressive. Sorry if the screenshots are improper.

GCy5EJV.png?1

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

How do I resize? They look small in Tapatalk. This is in Walmart on Hazel/Greenback. All the way in the back next to the grocery freezers. Huge difference in RSSI when it switches between 41/25.

This is impressive. Sorry if the screenshots are improper.

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

Typically we use imgur or another one of those photo hosting websites where they have a resize option when you upload an image. 

Del Paso tower, west of the 5/99 freeway, and I can see SMF from where I'm parked. Switches between 25 and 41. On one band it's below 70dBi, then over 100dBi on the other band. When I toggle Airplane Mode, it has the stronger RSSI for a couple minutes, then switches to the weaker one. Poop.

0wp4M7W.png?1

9oz2cnF.png?1

- -
Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

Del Paso tower, west of the 5/99 freeway, and I can see SMF from where I'm parked. Switches between 25 and 41. On one band it's below 70dBi, then over 100dBi on the other band. When I toggle Airplane Mode, it has the stronger RSSI for a couple minutes, then switches to the weaker one. Poop.

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

That is the old Clear network you're connecting to for almost all Band 41 connections around these parts. Due to its higher frequencies (2500-2600mhz) the signal degrades much faster than LTE 1900 from Sprints equipment. 

The network is set for Band 41 priority in almost all cases over Band 25 and the network will keep you there even to around -120 RSSI which is one move away from being disconnected. On FDD-LTE networks such a low reception would be unusable and Sprints B25 / B26 degrades massively to sub 1 mbps at around -110 but on TDD-LTE network due to its wider carrier (20 mhz TDD-LTE vs 5x5 mhz FDD-LTE) it is not unusual to get 5-30 mbps at that signal level. 

• Like 1

What does it mean when my phone switches to EVDO? I have two Airaves at home and those show EVDO. I'm at the airport and had LTE at both terminals. When I passed the gas station and entered the free parking area, I went to EVDO.

I hope Homeland Security isn't following me (=

7aOcGtm.png?1

GMgx6gm.png?1

- -
Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

What does it mean when my phone switches to EVDO? I have two Airaves at home and those show EVDO. I'm at the airport and had LTE at both terminals. When I passed the gas station and entered the free parking area, I went to EVDO.

I hope Homeland Security isn't following me (=

- -

Ant (iPhone 6 Plus)

EVDO is Sprints 3G network.