Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Are there any Sprint phones that currently support carrier aggregation?

Note Edge which is coming out in a few weeks though the FCC documents do indicate it is a below average performer in terms of RF performance. Probably going to be the EVO 4G LTE of the tribands in terms of reception i.e. pretty bad compared to all the other triband devices.

• Like 1

If I get a note 4, how much more9re/better reception will I get?

You'll get access to band 41/26 where available and have a much stronger reception compared to older phones thanks to the single radio setup and more advanced modem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You'll get access to band 41/26 where available and have a much stronger reception compared to older phones thanks to the single radio setup and more advanced modem.

Bear my ignorance, but by stronger do you mean that I'll be getting LTE in all the places I used to, but faster? Or will I simply be getting more LTE in more places than I do now? Will the 41/26 have good reception indoors? 

Thanks dude!

Bear my ignorance, but by stronger do you mean that I'll be getting LTE in all the places I used to, but faster? Or will I simply be getting more LTE in more places than I do now? Will the 41/26 have good reception indoors?

Thanks dude!

At the same place an old phone will have say a - 100 rsrp lte connection whereas a new triband phone like the note 4 will have a - 92 rsrp connection because of new technological advances.

Lte is very signal dependent for speed so it'll translate to a better speed at the same spot due to superior reception.

At the same place an old phone will have say a - 100 rsrp lte connection whereas a new triband phone like the note 4 will have a - 92 rsrp connection because of new technological advances.

Lte is very signal dependent for speed so it'll translate to a better speed at the same spot due to superior reception.

Hmm okay. So far, at least on my note 2, the LTE is pretty streaky here in Davis. Has there been any work on adding more LTE area or am I gonna have to get a triband phone to survive here?

Hmm okay. So far, at least on my note 2, the LTE is pretty streaky here in Davis. Has there been any work on adding more LTE area or am I gonna have to get a triband phone to survive here?

As have been said for literally every time you've asked that question, a triband device is absolutely necessary for anyone to get a half decent experience on the Sprint network. 

• Like 3

TriBand Phone. Your limiting yourself because the Note 2 can only access 1 of the 3 bands of LTE Sprint is providing to you.

My iPhone 6+ FINALLY arrived but I am not getting the "vast" LTE coverage or speeds I was expecting in Elk Grove. Inside my house my phone still drops to 3G and 1x. Outside I get the same LTE I was getting on my iPhone 5. Were my expectations of holding an LTE signal inside my house too lofty?

My iPhone 6+ FINALLY arrived but I am not getting the "vast" LTE coverage or speeds I was expecting in Elk Grove. Inside my house my phone still drops to 3G and 1x. Outside I get the same LTE I was getting on my iPhone 5. Were my expectations of holding an LTE signal inside my house too lofty?

Yep because Band 26 has not been deployed in Sacramento yet  (it has been activated really close by though) and even then nothing can fix the capacity issues of Band 25 other than Band 41 which exist mostly where Clear sites are for now. When you do (not if) connect to a band 41 site you'll be extremely glad you got a triband compatible device. 

Sprint does have a few 2.5 sites up in Elk Grove but Band 25 is dominant in EG whereas many other areas of Sacramento does have a pretty dense coverage of 41. 

Not to mention Elk Grove has grew quite a bit and sprint needs to put more towers there. 

Always remember YMMV. 

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a lg G2 for someone else and tried it out for 2 weeks. I enabled band 41. My experience was virtually the same as my Samsung Galaxy S3 in the areas of town in which I travel. I connected to band 41 only a few times. Most of time was on 3g or very slow 4g lte. Very disappointed. Band 41 didn't help me. Hopefully coverage gets better.

Band 41 isn't in all of the UCV. That requires an equipment change in some locations, which had yet to be done in many areas. Tim will have more info on deployment of B41 stuff.

I purchased a lg G2 for someone else and tried it out for 2 weeks. I enabled band 41. My experience was virtually the same as my Samsung Galaxy S3 in the areas of town in which I travel. I connected to band 41 only a few times. Most of time was on 3g or very slow 4g lte. Very disappointed. Band 41 didn't help me. Hopefully coverage gets better.

Again ymmv.

Band 41 mostly exist mostly where clear does at this moment and it helps out a lot where you do get a connection and it works for me most of the time when I visit downtown Sacramento, South Sacramento, Midtown, CSUS, arden arcade area, citrus height area, and east side of elk Grove.

If sprints service does not suite your need then you or anyone else on the fence should find another provider that does.

As in I can get a new phone, give it back if I don't like it for a full refund, and have my old phone reactivated?

You have 14 day trials on all carriers to test their service and get a full refund if you don't like it.

• Like 1

As in I can get a new phone, give it back if I don't like it for a full refund, and have my old phone reactivated?

You have 14 day trials on all carriers to test their service and get a full refund if you don't like it.

i think you have to pay the activiation fee if you keep it more than 3 days. also might have a restocking fee. not sure.

Just wait it out a bit longer.

For me, verizon just suddenly gave me an extra 4 gigs of data (for the life of my service) so I'm going okay with 8 gigs a month. I will eventually come back to sprint I'm guessing but now I'm in no rush since I'm no longer in danger of always running over my plan limit.