Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

What does turbo mean?

Some bs no one knows.

Nothings changed so far with the network and new sites still come up one by one.

Coverage map is extremely optimistic as usual so never take it as a fact.

Positive thing now is we can hammer sprint now on any issues that are encountered and they have to acknowledge it so report away if there's any issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Some bs no one knows.

Nothings changed so far with the network and new sites still come up one by one.

Coverage map is extremely optimistic as usual so never take it as a fact.

Positive thing now is we can hammer sprint now on any issues that are encountered and they have to acknowledge it so report away if there's any issues.

Yes this is good now too. We are only helping Sprint by helping identify network issues at this point.    

So let me get this straight, Sprint is claiming the Sacramento market to be officially lit up with 4G LTE now, right?

They've had it posted as LTE launched since last month. Spark launched as of today.

Again the coverage map is terrible so don't take it as fact.

So let me get this straight, Sprint is claiming the Sacramento market to be officially lit up with 4G LTE now, right?

FTFY: So let me get this straight, Sprint is claiming the Sacramento market to be officially lit up with SPARK  now, right?

The map has said that Sac has been covered with LTE for a month or so now. 

I have the new Note 4 and I'm sitting in the FTB building just across Hwy 50 from Capital Christian Center where two towers are and I BARELY get a 3G data connection. Also, I sit next to the window that is closest to CCC and can see the tower right across the Hwy. As mentioned in a previous post, the SPARK map is not to be trusted but it does show 4G and SPARK flooded in this area.  What am I missing?  My "Network Mode" is LTE/CDMA.

I have the new Note 4 and I'm sitting in the FTB building just across Hwy 50 from Capital Christian Center where two towers are and I BARELY get a 3G data connection...

Run a speed test.

I have the new Note 4 and I'm sitting in the FTB building just across Hwy 50 from Capital Christian Center where two towers are and I BARELY get a 3G data connection. Also, I sit next to the window that is closest to CCC and can see the tower right across the Hwy. As mentioned in a previous post, the SPARK map is not to be trusted but it does show 4G and SPARK flooded in this area.  What am I missing?  My "Network Mode" is LTE/CDMA.

You're missing nothing. Your sites are just not LTE active. Sponsors can see that on my tracking maps and the sites interactive acceptance maps. 

• Like 3

Thanks lilotimz.     I've let my sponsor status lapse.

Good time to re-up it now so you can see the true facts instead of the morbidly overstated "official coverage maps" that sprint loves to put out. 

Example: 

tBWsKEU.png

Remind me where to go to re-up my sponsor status...    thanks

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Here you go. Just a cup of coffee will do it and trust me it's worth it. I've spent 1.5 years perfecting it .. :)

• Like 1

Where might I find these tracking maps?  I found the Sensorly map but I don't believe this is what you mean.

Edit: Think I found them but I'm clueless what the info is on each tower when I click it.  LOL.  I'll read the forum posts to see what I can glean from it.

Edit2: Found the Completed map that shows what each tower is setup for,  that is probably the one to keep checking for updates to the towers near me.   Thanks

lmaO they have rancho cordova listed as spark. srsly??

There are no Clear sites in Rancho Cordova either so it has to be from the Sprint sites and to my knowledge no 8T8R equipment has been deployed in RC so it's probably all encompassing future estimates...

aka coverage maps suck and don't believe them. 

There are no Clear sites in Rancho Cordova either so it has to be from the Sprint sites and to my knowledge no 8T8R equipment has been deployed in RC so it's probably all encompassing future estimates...

aka coverage maps suck and don't believe them.

The Rancho Cordova Fitzgerald site is a Clear site actually over and behind the Costco. That is the closest site. The rest are Sprint and NV 3G/800 at the moment with two having LTE 25. The next Clear Site isn't until down by Watt/Howe, so there is a large gap until they bring in the 8T8R equipment.

• Like 1

The newer spark devices are all single radio configurations. This means that they only connect to one technology at once and use a technology called enhanced circuit switch fallback to move to the correct type of technology.

Yeah this is confusing to most users. Even though you may have only 1 or 2 bars of LTE(also depends which band 25/26/41 LTE) you could really have Full Signal strength on 800/1900 voice from a different tower. The LTE signal strength can be confusing to some users thinking that they they are going to have poor voice coverage, but soon as you place a call your phone switches from LTE to 800/1900 voice...and you most likely will have good to full signal. This is usually the case when your phone is connected to a B41 LTE site.