Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I know that a few months ago it was speculated that more LTE would be lit up by mid October.

Any word on band 26 (800 LTE) deployment?

It's live in some areas and slowly expanding. Premier sponsors know exactly where they are and current schedules for deployment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Still waiting for the tower behind Raley's at Madison and Hazel to go live. It's frustrating, I go towards 50 and I have LTE, same with Greenback and near the Sunrise Mall as well. Wonder  what the issue with this tower is?

Well.....what do you know!!!! Madison/Hazel site just got accepted for 4G LTE!!!

LTE finally up in manteca but speeds are terrible, currently around 2Mbps both directions. Hopefully they crank up the speeds soon.

Welcome to a 5mhz FDD lte carrier in 2014. Speeds like that are what you'll get on band 25.

Only hope for the market is band 26 and band 41 which requires a triband spark device.

LTE finally up in manteca but speeds are terrible, currently around 2Mbps both directions. Hopefully they crank up the speeds soon.

Not much hope in Manteca because Sprint has only 1 tower there. The population has clearly outgrown the capacity for the towers.

Until they install NV equipment on the Clearwire towers is when data will be usable. Which is why I avoid going to Manteca at all cost :P

Was getting at least 8down and 10 up for the last month and now this for the last week. 16th and C street in Sacramento.

Routing issues with the network. Been going on for two weeks now. Speeds significantly vary depending on where your connection is going.

Start pounding sprint support about it.

• Like 1

After you donate does it typically take a while? Anyway, I get decent speeds off Watt and Manlove. Average about 3-5 down and 1-4 up. Not bad seeing as its more reliable than my comcast lol

After you donate does it typically take a while? Anyway, I get decent speeds off Watt and Manlove. Average about 3-5 down and 1-4 up. Not bad seeing as its more reliable than my comcast lol

Robert manually upgrades accounts after he receives a donation so it'll be done when he has some free time.

You donated while I was handling an urgent work issue.  It only took an hour and a half.  ;)

You donated while I was handling an urgent work issue.  It only took an hour and a half.   ;)

This sounds like the problem of being too good at your job, where people have high expectations of you. Some may not realize that you do this for fun and that it is on the side of a big boy job and raising a family.

• Like 3

You donated while I was handling an urgent work issue.  It only took an hour and a half.  ;)

Sorry I didnt mean it to come off as impatient. I asked because when i tried to click my own profile it told me i no longer existed as a user. And wanted to see if id even be able to post. But thanks I appreciate what you do here :)

• Like 1

So I've just read that sprint is launching LTE in Sacramento on the 28th. Will Davis be affected by this? If so, will a note 2 in Davis be getting more LTE? Thanks!

Cool. I'm excited to see how things progress. Not excited about paying an ETF in order to come back though.

I am in the Roseville CA area. I just picked up the Note 4 and all over the area everytime im connected to LTE i only get 1 signal bar. Speed is much better than on my previois Note 2 (upwards of 30+ mbit/sec) and it generally stays connected. The note 2 and would get good signal strengths consistent with the sensorly 4g reporting with maybe 8-10mbit/sec.

I notice that signalcheck now only shows LTE as active with my note 4 (screen shot below), appearing LTE is handling data, phone and txt. Is this Spark with HD callinflg? On the note 2 it would show LTE and 1xRTT.

post-20781-0-79188100-1414474576_thumb.png

I am in the Roseville CA area. I just picked up the Note 4 and all over the area everytime im connected to LTE i only get 1 signal bar. Speed is much better than on my previois Note 2 (upwards of 30+ mbit/sec) and it generally stays connected. The note 2 and would get good signal strengths consistent with the sensorly 4g reporting with maybe 8-10mbit/sec.

I notice that signalcheck now only shows LTE as active with my note 4 (screen shot below), appearing LTE is handling data, phone and txt. Is this Spark with HD callinflg? On the note 2 it would show LTE and 1xRTT.

The newer spark devices are all single radio configurations. This means that they only connect to one technology at once and use a technology called enhanced circuit switch fallback to move to the correct type of technology.

Your seeing much faster speeds and lower signal because you most likely are connecting to band 41 which is the super high speed stuff. It is almost always weaker signal but always a lot faster!

Once that signal is super weak the phone will try to fall back to the slower bands with stronger signal.

Bars are super deceptive with a triband device, almost always lower signal means faster speeds in a mature market with Band 41 available.