Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Much work on that tower in the past few months.  Verizon tech was on scene when I took that photo.  Nice guy.  He was working on second rack from top.  Although good to see the new hardware by Sprint, the bad news is that it was not yet providing an LTE 4g signal--my new phone is triband LG G3.  Perhaps backhaul is absent or some other factor is reason that only 3g was available around that tower.  As for downtown Sacramento around the capitol north side, LTE 4g has been strangely inconsistent over the past couple weeks.  Sometimes good LTE 4g signal at about 5-6 mbs (today); other times only 3g in same location a few minutes later.  Same pattern as you walk north.  Strange, but maybe someone has a theory for that...

The network has only been fired up for barely a month. Lots of adjustments  are being done or have yet to be done that will be done in the future.  No rooms for errors here if they want to be competitive in the future. 

Also I run into techs and tower hands all the time. They're mostly a friendly bunch once you get them to talk and will share a lot of things with you if you're nice and know what you're talking about. 

Well, I was gonna leave sprint this month but after stumbling on this forum and learning about the upgrades to the network I've decided to stick around. I upgraded to the iPhone 6 and have noticed a fairly consistent LTE signal throughout sacramento. There's still some lag at times and areas that i haven't picked up consistent LTE but it's much better than it was. Is there any idea of when Sacramento will be 100% completed? Thank for any info you can provide.

Well, I was gonna leave sprint this month but after stumbling on this forum and learning about the upgrades to the network I've decided to stick around. I upgraded to the iPhone 6 and have noticed a fairly consistent LTE signal throughout sacramento. There's still some lag at times and areas that i haven't picked up consistent LTE but it's much better than it was. Is there any idea of when Sacramento will be 100% completed? Thank for any info you can provide.

100% complete is a very vague statement to make. 100% network equipment upgraded? Yep done. 100% sites broadcasting lte? Probably years.

Minimal coverage in most places? Probably 3-6 months. Complete coverage probably 6-12 months.

Data speeds though will be an issue on band 25 but not much so on band 41 and 26 which has yet to be deployed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The network has only been fired up for barely a month. Lots of adjustments are being done or have yet to be done that will be done in the future. No rooms for errors here if they want to be competitive in the future.

Also I run into techs and tower hands all the time. They're mostly a friendly bunch once you get them to talk and will share a lot of things with you if you're nice and know what you're talking about.

This is what has been going on in Rancho and we went live a few months ago. They are still making tweaks and adjustments. LTE isn't consistent, 800 voice is hit and miss, but it is an improvement over what we had forever prior to the upgrades. Slow and steady wins the race, at least that's how I see it.

• Like 1

If anyone in Stockton has a spark capable go out and find more B41 sites gone live. I found two more right now. They're still not optimized as I'm getting 25-35 mbps and on one site I hit 50 mbps.

Pretty sure there are many more sites live with B41!

• Like 3

If anyone in Stockton has a spark capable go out and find more B41 sites gone live. I found two more right now. They're still not optimized as I'm getting 25-35 mbps and on one site I hit 50 mbps.

Pretty sure there are many more sites live with B41!

Once optimized, what speeds should we see?

Thought I'd do this since I haven't done it in a while...

Currently there exists 551 sites in this market. Of those 551 sites..

In Progress: 4 sites 

Live on NV 3G: 239 sites

Broadcasting 4G: 308 sites

In summary, the entire Upper Central Valley has been fully upgraded to the Samsung Network Vision Equipment with the only thing holding Sprint back being the high speed internet backhaul to the cell sites. 

^^ Not bad. 

• Like 8

Thought I'd do this since I haven't done it in a while...

Currently there exists 551 sites in this market. Of those 551 sites..

In Progress: 4 sites

Live on NV 3G: 239 sites

Broadcasting 4G: 308 sites

In summary, the entire Upper Central Valley has been fully upgraded to the Samsung Network Vision Equipment with the only thing holding Sprint back being the high speed internet backhaul to the cell sites.

^^ Not bad.

That was fast moving over the past few months to get everything online.

That was fast moving over the past few months to get everything online.

I'm glad it's well under way but just imagine if this contractor was chosen originally.

• Like 1

wow lots of updates in the map Robert posted!

Yep! Modesto, Reno, yuba city, and around Chico to redding folks must be loving their triband phones right now as well!

Cough cough

• Like 1

Yep! Modesto, Reno, yuba city, and around Chico to redding folks must be loving their triband phones right now as well!

Cough cough

and thanks to Lilotimz for his UCV map update as well! lol

Still waiting for the tower behind Raley's at Madison and Hazel to go live. It's frustrating, I go towards 50 and I have LTE, same with Greenback and near the Sunrise Mall as well. Wonder  what the issue with this tower is?

• Like 1

Still waiting for the tower behind Raley's at Madison and Hazel to go live. It's frustrating, I go towards 50 and I have LTE, same with Greenback and near the Sunrise Mall as well. Wonder  what the issue with this tower is?

Backhaul. Tmobile is on this tower and so is ClearWire, so there should be some sort of fiber or advanced backhaul, however it could be there is not enough fiber available and they have to pull more fiber. Advanced Backhaul can take as long as 6 months from when an order is placed. We don't know when they placed the backhaul order for this tower though.

Still waiting for the tower behind Raley's at Madison and Hazel to go live. It's frustrating, I go towards 50 and I have LTE, same with Greenback and near the Sunrise Mall as well. Wonder what the issue with this tower is?

I'm waiting for a tower to be put up in foresthill, hopefully some day

I heard the 6+ is having alot of bending issues due to it's size being too big and too thin.

Last I checked, Apple officially said 9 reports came in. I feel there's too many people leaving the phone in there pocket (front or back) and sitting. That and there probably wearing "skinny" jeans. ????