Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I live in Orangevale, CA and rarely get LTE.  I talked to sprint customer service and they advised my I have 2 LTE enabled towers within a mile of my house, yet still no LTE.  Any word whether or not there are more LTE Towers going live in my area and also are these 2 LTE towers listed in my area live currently.  They mentioned they're at the corner of Greenback and Hazel and Greenback and Fair Oaks.  Any help would be great.  Also looking for info for W. Sacramento as I work there.

My first B41 experience in Stockton :D

Between 8-12dbm better signal than what I'd get on B25 from the same location.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rawvdf9shtr4bfz/2014-09-26%2021.41.02.png?dl=0

Yep. They began activating 2.5 8T8R sites nationwide in the past two weeks with the FIT tests concluding. Alongside the 8T8R activation they're also firing up the Phase 2 Clear sites that were scheduled for earlier this year. That extra capacity will be much needed in this market. 

Also clear had a denser network in their markets compared to Sprint so a lot of times the Clear sites will fill in coverage holes on B25/B26. These sites will likely be converted to full build NV sites in the future as the old Clear equipment are decommissioned. 

As I await my iphone 6+, I stopped at my local sprint store (Elk Grove blvd) and ran a speed test using www.bandwidthplace.com. I was surprised to see the DL speed at 233mbps.

Is that reading accurate based on others speed tests using b41?

As I await my iphone 6+, I stopped at my local sprint store (Elk Grove blvd) and ran a speed test using www.bandwidthplace.com. I was surprised to see the DL speed at 233mbps.

Is that reading accurate based on others speed tests using b41?

Nope that's way beyond what's possible today.

I found a ton of new band 41 in Elk Grove this past weeks on old clear sites that were never live before but are now online now.

Band 25 is really strained and hovered at 1-2 Mbps while band 41 hovers 5-60 Mbps depending on signal strength.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have a question for you kind folks: My current plan is to wait until the Note 4 to becomes available in October before I switch back to sprint. Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not I should come back to sprint this upcoming month (say... Oct 17th after the Note 4 releases) or wait a few more months? I'm speaking in regard to LTE. I know it's spotty right now but on the Sensorly maps, it *seems* like overall LTE is hitting most of the Sacramento suburbs and covers the 80 and 50 corridors all the way to downtown Sac where I work.

I have a question for you kind folks: My current plan is to wait until the Note 4 to becomes available in October before I switch back to sprint. Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not I should come back to sprint this upcoming month (say... Oct 17th after the Note 4 releases) or wait a few more months? I'm speaking in regard to LTE. I know it's spotty right now but on the Sensorly maps, it *seems* like overall LTE is hitting most of the Sacramento suburbs and covers the 80 and 50 corridors all the way to downtown Sac where I work.

Wait till later. Need more band 41 and band 26 along with permanent activation of 1x800 for voice for sprint to be competitive.

Band 25 is still too spotty and slow to be competitive while b41 is good but not available everywhere.

Yes.

Much work on that tower in the past few months.  Verizon tech was on scene when I took that photo.  Nice guy.  He was working on second rack from top.  Although good to see the new hardware by Sprint, the bad news is that it was not yet providing an LTE 4g signal--my new phone is triband LG G3.  Perhaps backhaul is absent or some other factor is reason that only 3g was available around that tower.  As for downtown Sacramento around the capitol north side, LTE 4g has been strangely inconsistent over the past couple weeks.  Sometimes good LTE 4g signal at about 5-6 mbs (today); other times only 3g in same location a few minutes later.  Same pattern as you walk north.  Strange, but maybe someone has a theory for that...