Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Nice to finally see these updates. It's great that we are finally getting what we were waiting for over the past few years. The last year has been grueling with the "I see trucks!" to "Wait, they're gone...and nothing else is happening." I'm definitely glad I stuck it out.

???? ???? me too. It was very excruciating this last 6-12 months.

• Like 1

When you move to a Triband device, you will notice some things instantly.  Especially around Sacramento.  And it will get even better as more Band 41 is deployed and Band 26 starts getting fired up.  So it will be noticeable now, and getting more and more noticeable as the weeks and months go on.

It would be real important for Sprint to finally start providing coverage in Central California along the Interstate 5. I took the road yesterday and it was so painful because there wasn't really any data coverage at times.

It would be real important for Sprint to finally start providing coverage in Central California along the Interstate 5. I took the road yesterday and it was so painful because there wasn't really any data coverage at times.

Central California and along Interstate 5 is very vague. Give some locations so we can get some clue on which areas you're talking about if you can. 

Central California and along Interstate 5 is very vague. Give some locations so we can get some clue on which areas you're talking about if you can. 

Bakersfield to Los Banos, some islands with barely LTE coverage. You should look at the Sprint coverage maps. Idk why Sprint was never able to build out the network in the area like MetroPCS or Cricket. I know CDMA 800 and LTE band 26 will help but it is still a pain.

Bakersfield to Los Banos, some islands with barely LTE coverage. You should look at the Sprint coverage maps. Idk why Sprint was never able to build out the network in the area like MetroPCS or Cricket. I know CDMA 800 and LTE band 26 will help but it is still a pain.

Probably mostly because no one lives there along i5 as opposed to why 99 that has random towns every few miles, and thus better coverage throughout. guess its cheaper to pay verizon for roaming on i5 than build new towers. Maybe 800SMR should fill in the gaps nicely between the towers on i5

• Like 1

Psst. That's the Lower Central Valley.

It's a lot better up here in the UCV since a lot of the highway sites were deployed as full builds instead of ground mounted options like the LCV. 

• Like 1

I-5 from Los Banos until Santa Clarita is a long awful stretch of highway. Even on AT&T, there were issues in some of the hill areas. But it may be better for them now. Good coverage is the only thing to make that awful drive bearable. I'd even rather drive I-80 across Nevada than I-5 in Central CA. But that's just me.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I-5 from Los Banos until Santa Clarita is a long awful stretch of highway. Even on AT&T, there were issues in some of the hill areas. But it may be better for them now. Good coverage is the only thing to make that awful drive bearable. I'd even rather drive I-80 across Nevada than I-5 in Central CA. But that's just me.

Or u can take 101 and get some delicious tri-tip at my old stomping grounds at San Luis Obispo's Firestone Grill or Jocko's in Nipomo. 

• Like 1

In reading an article where Marcelo said Sprint would slow down the b41 deployment to a few markets, is it known if Sacramento is one of those "lucky" markets?

West coast northern California is utilizing all Huawei wimax TDD LTE equipment.

The federal government mandated the complete removal of these equipment as a condition of the buyout.

Sacramento and surrounding areas will get the full build out regardless of priority if they want to keep their spectrum.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The federal government mandated the complete removal of these equipment as a condition of the buyout.

Sacramento and surrounding areas will get the full build out regardless of priority if they want to keep their spectrum.

@Lilotimz thank you. That is good news indeed.

In reading an article where Marcelo said Sprint would slow down the b41 deployment to a few markets, is it known if Sacramento is one of those "lucky" markets?

Also, there is no slow down of B41 deployment.  I feel like I need to clarify this, as I have seen a few people say this.  They will still deliver the same number of B41 sites in 2014 and 2015.  But the sites that will receive the upgrades are now going to be prioritized by the greatest need as outlined by Marcelo.

Is there a deadline for the removal?

Probably mostly because no one lives there along i5 as opposed to why 99 that has random towns every few miles, and thus better coverage throughout. guess its cheaper to pay verizon for roaming on i5 than build new towers. Maybe 800SMR should fill in the gaps nicely between the towers on i5

I just asked myself, why MetroPCS and Cricket had such a strong network build in the area. I used to roam on both networks but that seems to be history now. There is not much data in a lot of areas and all you see is CDMA. Not even a bliss of 1x.

Yes coverage has been better as a couple of years ago but they should get the MetroPCS/Cricket locations and Co-lo.

Driving for 5 hours plus and you can't check your emails is so 1999 :)

I love to stream music because all you have is redneck or mexican radio stations in the area. But even Verizon dropps more down to 3G as it used to do in the past. It seems like Verizon's network starts to get really over used.

Also, there is no slow down of B41 deployment.  I feel like I need to clarify this, as I have seen a few people say this.  They will still deliver the same number of B41 sites in 2014 and 2015.  But the sites that will receive the upgrades are now going to be prioritized by the greatest need as outlined by Marcelo.

There is a lot of confusion out there. I think it was a mistake of stating that only five cities get Tokio style broadband and the rest is more or less a value branded market. Better making it real clear, yes we will be the best but we're rolling some markets out sooner as others.

Anything new this week? Or did sprint run out of fiber? lol

We're approaching the slow and steady pace now that most of the sites with backhual delivered is integrated. It's going to be probably just a few sites being lit up every week now as the local ISPs deliver on their contracts. 

We're approaching the slow and steady pace now that most of the sites with backhual delivered is integrated. It's going to be probably just a few sites being lit up every week now as the local ISPs deliver on their contracts. 

How is this pace related to a cluster launch? I'm confused.

How is this pace related to a cluster launch? I'm confused.

Cluster launch means all the new equipment are up and running. 

The pace of 4G upgrades depends on high speed internet connections (fiber / microwave or other types) being delivered and active at the cell sites. The sites that already had these high speed internet connections installed and ready are now mostly turned on so the ones that are not live are waiting for the local ISPs to deliver said connections which can take quite a while.

• Like 1