Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

This is a future network question Tim and/or Robert. When VoLTE finally starts to roll out couldn't they re-use the Sprint Spectrum from all the CDMA/3G carriers and re-purpose that spectrum for LTE 1900 carriers or VoLTE 1900? That would increase capacity for Sprint's Sacramento PCS Spectrum and all carriers would be LTE right?

Nope.

Shutting down for another 5 mhz pcs carrier means shunting EVDO and 1x carrier to a 5mhz slice for one 1x carrier and two EVDO carriers. Not going to happen. Too much users on 3g still.

You're looking at years in the future before that can even been contemplated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nope.

Shutting down for another 5 mhz pcs carrier means shunting EVDO and 1x carrier to a 5mhz slice for one 1x carrier and two EVDO carriers. Not going to happen. Too much users on 3g still.

You're looking at years in the future before that can even been contemplated.

Ok. That makes sense. Years in the future...darn. I guess this would work if they could get everyone off 3G and onto LTE, but Sprint doesn't have much in 1900 or 800 spectrum to shift things around until they can get everyone completely off 3G to re-purpose the pcs spectrum. Interesting.

Ok. That makes sense. Years in the future...darn. I guess this would work if they could get everyone off 3G and onto LTE, but Sprint doesn't have much in 1900 or 800 spectrum to shift things around until they can get everyone completely off 3G to re-purpose the pcs spectrum. Interesting.

And that's why I keep saying band 41 and triband devices are the only things that'll save this market.

This is a future network question Tim and/or Robert. When VoLTE finally starts to roll out couldn't they re-use the Sprint Spectrum from all the CDMA/3G carriers and re-purpose that spectrum for LTE 1900 carriers or VoLTE 1900? That would increase capacity for Sprint's Sacramento PCS Spectrum and all carriers would be LTE right?

This can be done in some markets. But not Sacramento. Sprint does not have enough spare PCS spectrum to do this in your market anytime soon.

As VoLTE adoption grows and voice on 1x drops and 3G usage drops far enough, and Sprint can live with just CDMA on less than 5MHz, then Sprint could add another PCS LTE carrier in Sacto. But I think in the best case scenario, that's still 3 years out.

• Like 1

This can be done in some markets. But not Sacramento. Sprint does not have enough spare PCS spectrum to do this in your market anytime soon.

As VoLTE adoption grows and voice on 1x drops and 3G usage drops far enough, and Sprint can live with just CDMA on less than 5MHz, then Sprint could add another PCS LTE carrier in Sacto. But I think in the best case scenario, that's still 3 years out.

Do you think Sprint is going to participate in the AWS-3 coming up in a few months? I think it would be great since AWS is similar to PCS, but not as bad in signal penetrate as EBS/BRS band since their network is built on PCS spacing. Or do you think they will save their pennies and go all in on the 600Mz auction next year?

Hold on. So a note 2/s3 isn't going to work well here in Davis?

No. I would not, could not get a Note 2 or 3 in Davis...in Yolo County...in Northern California. If data performance is critical to you, you must get a Triband phone. Band 26 and Band 41 are a necessity in California.

Yeah... I don't know if there's some sort of glitch going on or what. A lot of places are showing up now that shouldn't be.

They literally have huge regions important areas with no lte. This market is most definitely not ready.

• Like 1