Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Trust me.. I of all people would know for this market before the acceptance report is updated by Robert. There are some reports and screenshots of B25 out there but nothing has been officially "accepted" as of last night.

It's safe to say most reports are because of the Clear b41 being turned back on considering a few individuals with single band devices are saying they're not getting connections whereas those with triband devices are (another reason to get a triband device other than the fact that Sprint has over 140mhz of 2500 spectrum in this market).

B)

I'm REALLY hoping/expecting the new iphone to be be SPARK enabled. If so, I'll be first in line ????

Trust me.. I of all people would know for this market before the acceptance report is updated by Robert.  There are some reports and screenshots of B25 out there but nothing has been officially "accepted" as of last night.

It's safe to say most reports are because of the Clear b41 being turned back on considering a few individuals with single band devices are saying they're not getting connections whereas those with triband devices are (another reason to get a triband device other than the fact that Sprint has over 140mhz of 2500 spectrum in this market). 

B)

I have seen your post in the sponsor forum for this market a day before Robert posts his map. And I think those post are a nice reason to upgrade to sponsor. But a wise person once said "Accepted does not mean live. Live does not mean accepted." http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5262-san-francisco-permits-and-map/?view=findpost&p=342678

Band 41 were most likely turned on by software and band 25 seem to still require someone go to the site and hook up the fiber that is waiting at some sites.  I stand by my comment about soon if I were to put a number on it for the market about 2-4 sites per day or 10-20 4g sites per acceptance report. That is until they get to the point they have to wait on backhaul for sites again.

@lilotimz Looks like sprint updated their map and looks like there are several new acceptances that appeared last night.

No LTE accepts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edit: Clarified what type of accepts i'm talking about

Edited by lilotimz

No accepts.

what? Several of the tower points switched from "1" upgrade to "2" upgrades and the Kaiser point west site got accepted since it wasn't accepted in last weeks cluster. I don't really understand what "data speed" or "data capacity" upgrade means on those maps.

what? Several of the tower points switched from "1" upgrade to "2" upgrades and the Kaiser point west site got accepted since it wasn't accepted in last weeks cluster. I don't really understand what "data speed" or "data capacity" upgrade means on those maps.

LTE sites accepted were what I was looking for. For 3G there were there 3 that they did not accept in the initial wave that has been accepted. 

Wish Stockton had B41 :(

It is my belief you guys will have the Clear network fired up alongside the 8T8R equipment which has been under deployment all around that area for over 5 months. 

Just curious, but since Sprint has so much BRS/EBS spectrum available, will they be using multiple band 41 carriers and use carrier aggregation of even further increase throughput? That would be so cool! So IF they were to do carrier aggregation, it is just a software upgrade or does sprint have to physically add more equipment at the cell site to enable carrier aggregation?

Just curious, but since Sprint has so much BRS/EBS spectrum available, will they be using multiple band 41 carriers and use carrier aggregation of even further increase throughput? That would be so cool! So IF they were to do carrier aggregation, it is just a software upgrade or does sprint have to physically add more equipment at the cell site to enable carrier aggregation?

That's what sprint spark is about.

It's taking that spectrum and making it available to end users via multiple band 41 carriers utilizing the newest and most advanced equipment available on the market (8t8r). 2 carrier aggregation this winter and 3 carrier aggregation in 2H2015. Each 8t8r radio and antenna runs two 4x2 Mimo chains supporting up to 3x20mhz carriers each for a total of 120mhz per sector. Each 20 MHz carrier supports speeds of 101/14.7 Mbps.. And the equipment will be broadcasting 6 carriers for each sector...

Someone say capacity king?

* Note * Only available on the new Samsung equipment they're deploying. Not available on the existing Clear equipment. 

• Like 5

LTE live west River road I5@Sutterville and got a good whiff of it downtown, Picked up at 16TH & S  thru 15th and G  probably coming from  Sac Bee from the signal levels observed

Edited by ddimit
  • Like 1

LTE live west River road I5@Sutterville and got a good whiff of it downtown, Picked up at 16TH & S  thru 15th and G  probably coming from  Sac Bee from the signal levels observed

I think there's a closer tower than Sac Bee for that stretch that has LTE broadcasting. Could be, though.

I think there's a closer tower than Sac Bee for that stretch that has LTE broadcasting. Could be, though.

Im pretty sure wasn't 15th&R  drove right by that and the RSRP was to low compared to the 1XRTT signal. The Bee tower  has the  highest elevation above downtown  in that area

• Like 1

I was getting constant LTE in west sac at the river walk and in south sac at Florin & 24th area. Speeds are not that great yet but it's definitely progress. And I'm on an iphone5 ☺️

As i said before about data speeds..

As I said to the sponsors in my sponsor thread and repeated so many times over the past year...

Anyone who continues to use and operate a single band or dual band (iPhone 5s/5c) on sprint in Sacramento or anywhere in northern California will only have themselves to blame if they complain about slow speeds.

Sprint does not have any additional pcs spectrum to deploy another band 25 carrier and band 26 will be purposely limited to a very high threshold before users will be sent to that band because it's main purpose is mostly for coverage.

The only thing that'll make sprint usable in this area is band 41 2500 mhz carriers where sprint holds at least 55mhz of BRS and untold amount of ebs.

So yes get a triband device. If you don't then you'll have a miserable experience here.

As i said before about data speeds..

This is a future network question Tim and/or Robert. When VoLTE finally starts to roll out couldn't they re-use the Sprint Spectrum from all the CDMA/3G carriers and re-purpose that spectrum for LTE 1900 carriers or VoLTE 1900? That would increase capacity for Sprint's Sacramento PCS Spectrum and all carriers would be LTE right?